Lincolnwood Place - Lincolnwood, IL

[Name removed]

Everyone, especially [name removed] and [name removed] were so welcoming from the very start. And [name removed] was excellent on follow through with all my questions and helping my Mother make this transition. I would rate the overall experience an A+.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback; we appreciate your review of our community!

Super Caring

Our mom has lived in Lincolnwood Place for 7 years. She loves the staff; [Name removed] and his staff are very very understanding. it may take then a while to get parts, but they get the job done. Recently [Name removed] actually personally purchased a digital thermostat for our mom so she could adjust her own hvac. She is almost blind so a digital unit was essential. [Name removed], the assistant director of maintenance is always a gem as is [Name removed] the head housekeeper. We highly recommend this facility, It is a hidden delight.

Lincolnwood Place

Moving from a large home in which I lived for 50 years was traumatic. However, the transition was made easier by the help I received from the staff. I now am quite happy here, made new friends participate I many of the programs and events are given here. I would definitely recommend it to my friends. It's a great place.

My Folks Love Lincolnwood Place!

My parents have lived in senior independent at Lincolnwood Place for two and a half years and we have nothing but high praise for the facility and its staff. They live in a spacious 2-bedroom, 2-bath apartment. The apartments are comfortable and come will fully equipped kitchens. Although two meals per day are included in rent and the food is quite good with ample choices, sometimes my folks like to cook in their own apartment. They appreciate having that option. There is never a shortage of on-site activities including movies, concerts, lectures, discussion of current events and daily happy hour in the pub. The staff is incredibly friendly and greet each resident by name. Anytime we have had a question or needed anything, we have gotten assistance quickly, professionally and with great pleasure. The building has been going through some updating, remodeling and reconfiguring over the last year which made it necessary for my folks to move to a different apartment. The Executive Director, [name removed], did an excellent job of keeping everyone informed of the progress. She promised those affected that Lincolnwood Place would take care of the entire move and would do everything possible to make it hassle-free and stress-free for the residents. She absolutely kept her word. The move to a different apartment happened a couple of months ago and we, quite literally, did not have to lift a finger. My folks and I went out for the day and came back to the new apartment, completely set up including everything perfectly placed in every room, the pantry is the exact same order and all the clocks reset. It truly felt like someone waved a magic wand and the move was done! That type of service, kindness and care for the residents is what we have experienced in every situation since my parents moved in. I would certainly recommend Lincolnwood Place to anyone looking for senior independent living.

Just loved this place! The rooms are spacious with a full kitchen. Plenty of closet space, huge bathrooms and very clean. Friendly staff. [Removed] was lovely and this is the place for my Dad!

SLC Midwest

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Lincolnwood Place; we appreciate your feedback!

My life at Lincolnwood Place

I find this place very desirable place to live. When I first arrived here, I was driving my car which made life here very pleasant and convenient. After I sold my car - I managed using their busses in order to get to my MD & DDS appointments, etc. Also, their programs are usually very interesting and intellectually stimulating.

SLC Midwest

Millie, thank you for sharing your review. We appreciate your feedback and we're so pleased that you are enjoying your home here at Lincolnwood Place!

Review of Lincolnwood Place - Lincolnwood, IL

My wife and I moved to this community on September 12, 2017. People here especially Administration staff [removed], Executive Director [removed]- Director of dining services [removed]- program director [removed]. Director of resident services has been extremely helpful. [removed] has always been reachable and helpful. We are really happy that we could find an enjoyable place like this where people I have mentioned above have been very gracious and hospitable. We would recommend this place to anyone who is in need of a retirement place like Lincolnwood Place.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for sharing your review of our community; we appreciate your confidence in us and we're so pleased that you and your wife are enjoying your home here at Lincolnwood Place!

Review of Lincolnwood Place Lincolnwood, IL

There are so many things to offer. That is the honest truth! So many things to do.

SLC Midwest

Tom, thank you so much for sharing your review of Lincolnwood Place; we appreciate your feedback!

Review of Lincolnwood Place Lincolnwood, IL

Very nice staff, happy with the community. I appreciate the kind staff and steps they make to make our world a happier place. I rate this a 4. I recently just moved, and they managed my move very well, but still working on it.

SLC Midwest

Burton, thank you so much for taking the time to provide a review of Lincolnwood Place; we appreciate your feedback and we're so pleased that you are enjoying your home here with us!

Community Working Out Well For Us

This community is working out well for my mother, and her needs. She is doing well, and I do feel comfortable with her move here. She is safe, and in good hands. The staff here is excellent, and they are taking good care of her. They do a good job with the cleanliness around the community. There are good activities available, and good meals provided for the residents. This is a community I would recommend, it is working out well for us.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for sharing your confidence in us. We appreciate your feedback and your recommendation of our community!

Making 96 special

Thanks to [Removed] and the dining room staff for making our Mom's 96th birthday a very special occasion last Saturday. The menu was superb! The staff is always friendly and helpful and they did not disappoint us.
LP is a well built building unlike its competitors. It's thick walls are very sound proof; compared to places our Mom has lived.
To put how we feel in to one simple phrase: LP is a very CARING COMMUNITY!

SLC Midwest

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! We appreciate your confidence in us and it was our pleasure to make the occasion memorable!

Pleasant Tour

This is a nice facility, and my tour of it went well. The staff I met was very helpful, and kind. My tour guide was informative, and my questions were answered. The community looked great, and very well-kept. Unfortunately this was not a good location for us, but my tour was a pleasant one.

SLC Midwest

Thank you so much for sharing your experience at Lincolnwood Place. We appreciate your feedback and we're so pleased that you enjoyed your visit with us!

Great service and friendly staff.
Very satisfied with everything

SLC Midwest

Thank you for your review! We appreciate your confidence in us.

I have been a resident for seven months. I have no complaints. I find the staff excellent. I recommend Lincolnwood Place.

Great place to be because there are always new things to do

Wow! What a Find!

Wow! A long overdue move for my brother into assisted living from living independently, but, failing to thrive on his own. We were all nervous and anxious. From the moment we walked in the front doors to start moving my brother in, until, now, over a month later, it has surpassed my wildest dreams for my brother. The staff is exceptional. The ease with which my brother can get assistance with any problem he may have, or, any question he may have, or, even something as simple as finding his way through the building, someone has ALWAYS been there for him. He is so happy. The convenience of having a home service care system onsite has proved to be a life saver, as, he becomes less able to care for himself. He is continually treated with the respect and dignity he deserves and needs in order to thrive. I was a bit concerned about his ability to adjust to this new setting, but, it is as comfortable, respectful, welcoming, non-judgmental, as possible, and, we have found, from the hair stylist in the building, to [Removed], Director of Services, to everyone, no one has one bad word to say about anyone, and, is always willing to help. Again, I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop, but, it has not, and, I would recommend Lincolnwood Place to anyone looking for a loving, safe and caring environment for their loved one.

Lincolnwood Place - Lincolnwood, IL

The staff is all so wonderful; Dining staff goes beyond to make every meal pleasant. I could have not asked for a better senior community.

this was a beautiful place and the people all seemed well attended to and at ease. It is however a bit out of our price range.

Excellent Staff

I toured Lincolnwood Place a few times. Each time I went in the place was very clean, bright and vibrant. My mom (84 year old with Parkinsons and early stages of dementia) adored the place and felt very comfortable. The apartments in independent living were beautiful and spacious. My family loved the fact that there was the option for skilled care if needed. [Removed] was an excellent resource. She was very responsive to all of our concerns/questions. [Removed] is an expert in the field and had answers for us ASAP. She definitely went above and beyond to educate us and make us comfortable at Lincolnwood!

What The Care Is Like Here

This is a clean facility and the staff are providing good care. It is a smaller community and they try to accommodate the residents. Their strengths are the size, lots of health care included and cleanliness. Their weakness are the socializing, connection and effort for activities. They should know what substitutions they can offer for those with diet limitations. Activities needs more effort in planning and variety. Once for a party they did provide a healthy options for those who have diet restrictions. They do have better medical attention and it works for my loved one.

Pretty place great location for seniors, but not truly assisted living for another few months and I needed something NOW!

Comfortable Living !!

The staff have all been very helpful at making sure my needs have been met and that I am satisfied with my stay. They provide transportation and make sure I am able to get to and from my doctor appointments. I am very comfortable and pleased with my new living environment.

Comfort For Dad!!

If there is a problem i like that the staff or the people that work there will try to do what they can to fix it. My loved one is doing fine in the community. He likes the meals there are times that he likes some of the food and there are other times when he doesn't based on the taste. There are activities that are offered that he participates in. It's a clean place with nice people.

Very pleased.

Loving Care for Mom

This is a excellent community for my mom who is just settling in to the new environment for her. The staff is excellent and very caring and helpful. The food is good with a nice variety. Activites are offered to her when she is ready and wanting to join in. The community is highly recommended to other families.

Very nice facility with no large buy-in fee. Everyone is friendly and there are a lot of activities to choose from. The food is delicious and my parents are very happy there!

Certainly A Good Community

This community is very much a good fit for my mom. She has been involved with many activities they offer. She is satisfied with the meals that are served. The community is very clean and no concerns. Everything is going very good and my mom is doing fine here.

Great Community Set Up!!

The tour guide was very nice and showed us some activities that are offered. He was very accommodating and also did a follow up which we thought was nice. The community has a service elevator making it much easier for my husband and i to get around. I really like that they offer outside activities that we can participate in.

This community gets my recommendation!!!

My cousin does not currently participate in any of the activities due to his medical issues. The staff are friendly, professional and have good rapport. The food is ok and they keep the community clean.

A place to remember

The staff in the dining room are exceedingly courteous and efficient. Service is provided with a smile; Our comfort in dining is their prime goal. They will fulfill any of your dietary requests if at all possible. The Chef is a gem. I have been a resident at Lincolnwood Place for over a year and half and never regretted my decision to make Lincolnwood Place my home.

The staff at Lincolnwood Place are wonderful!!!!

My parents seem to enjoying being at Lincolnwood Place. They participate in many activities and have even gone out to the movies. I have tried the food and it is pretty good and nutritious. The community is very clean and well taken care of. I would recommend this community.

Good experience

Things are going pretty well at Lincolnwood Place. The staff is friendly, patient and attentive to the residents. The facility itself is nice, well decorated and clean. So far, it has been a good experience here.

It's been lovely so far.

It's been lovely so far. I would give them a four out of five. There have been a few issues, but I think those are more specific to us, rather than an issue with the community. There haven't been any problems with food, or cleanliness, or being understaffed, or any of those things.

Good Experience

I think that the experience was good. I wouldn't say there is anything they can improve on other than that they probably need to improve their relations after someone signs up, the difference between being a prospect and a resident.

Great From The Beginning

They were great from the very beginning. They explained everything and worked with us for the move-in and they made accommodations for us. Overall it was a really pleasant experience with Lincolnwood Place.

nice overall

It seems to me that the layout is a bit confusing. When you walk down the hallway, it looks exactly the same everywhere you look. It can thus be hard to get your bearings and find your way around. I also do kind of wish they had a pool.

It is a very clean facility with friendly staff, but those are a couple of areas for improvement that I have noticed.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for taking the time to review our community. We are so glad to hear that you found our community to be friendly and clean. I am so sorry to hear about your concern with the layout of the building. As the Executive Director of the community, I strive to improve the experience of our residents and their families. Please feel free to contact me directly to discuss your concerns and see how we can assist you in having the best experience at our community. You can reach me at [removed], ext. 2203 or at [removed]. Thanks! Regina Umanskiy

She is in independent living so there...

She is in independent living so there is no care provided.

I like that my mother is happy there, and that the people seem lively there.

I wish that the extra services were included in the cost that I pay.

It's less convenient than it was, because I don't go in that direction. She used to be at a much closer location.

She likes the place; it is where she likes to be. She likes the activities and the people. They are interesting and lively and more well than where she was previously. They are active, and not all in wheelchairs.

Lincolnwood Place is very nice, in te...

Lincolnwood Place is very nice, in terms of the quality of their facilities and what they provide for their residents. However, our experience with them was not a good one. Our loved ones moved in, but unfortunately their health took a turn for the worse and they started requiring some assistance. Eventually it got to the point where Lincolnwood said they were not appropriate for the community and asked them to leave immediately. The problem was that they refused to refund the second month that we had already paid for since we did not give them 60 days notice, which would have been impossible since my loved ones were kicked out without warning. They handled the whole situation very poorly and unprofessionally.

SLC Midwest

On behalf of the team at Lincolnwood Place I would like to thank you for recognizing our community for providing quality services for the residents and maintaining our facilities. We truly value our residents and families and their feedback so that we may continuously improve our service. I am very sorry about your experience. We pride ourselves in excellent reputation in the community and providing exceptional customer service to our residents and families. I would truly like to learn more about your experience and answer any questions you may have during transition period for your parents. I can be reached at [removed]. Regina Umanskiy, Executive Director

We really liked it here.

My loved one lived here for a few years. It was more of an independent setting. Everyone gets their own apartment, and comes down for meals. It's a big place, like a Hilton Hotel, with about 250 units. When her memory started to go, it was difficult for her to navigate, and just wasn't a good option for us anymore. We really liked it here.

Poor Maintenace of Apartments

I have recently learned that my father who is 96 years old has not had A/C for the last 2 weeks and attempts to fix it have failed at his apartment at Lincolnwood Place Senior Retirement Community. This is unacceptable and irresponsible for my Dad to have to endure. He has suffered from dehydration in the past and he should not be put at risk by their incompetence!!!

SLC Midwest

Thank you for your patience while the issue with air conditioning unit in your father’s apartment is being addressed. We are committed to resolving the issue and ensuring your father is comfortable in his apartment. As the Executive Director of the community, I strive to improve the experience of our residents and their families. Please feel free to contact me directly to discuss any concerns and how I can assist you and your father in any way. You can reach me at [removed], ext. 2203. Regina Umanskiy, Executive Director

The food is good.

We haven’t used any care services yet. I don’t know much about the community. The food is good. There is always trouble parking. We picked this community because of the location and how close it is to family. The friendliness of the staff is a four because some of the staff are wonderful.

In the process of moving in

Care services and Activities ratings are really NA. Parents have not moved in yet but have signed and have the apartment. Joan Schumm has been extremely friendly and helpful through the decision process and relates well to the elders. She granted extra time to make a decision to let parents feel comfortable with the decision. The other place on the short list was Chestnut Square which is similarbut has buy-in and doesn't have level of care on-site.

All our questions and concerns have been addressed promptly and to our satisfaction so far. Apartment was completely rehabbed as previous tenant was there a long time and ended up bedridden - new carpet/flooring, at least one new BR door and new stainless appliances. A few things still be resolved - no doorknob on new door (oversight I'm sure) and stove hood does not vent anywhere (this model is supposed to vent to duct but there is no duct - wrong model?).

Food has been very good so far with nice selection. Will have to see if it gets boring after a while. No GF but there are sugar-free desserts. Parents concerned about dinner being crowded but we'll see how it works out once they are living there. Parents also miffed that meals can't be 'banked' as Mom plans (????) to cook frequently.

We kids think this will be a good move for our parents.

Loved it. My dad feels lik...

Loved it. My dad feels like it's too expensive for him, though.

I'd give them 6 out of 5!

This place is great! The staff are amazing. Everyone is very approachable, they really take the time to sit down with you and make your needs feel important and that they will be addressed.
They provide care that ranges from independent all the way up to nursing care, and they're great about finding the best way to address individual needs. When my loved one was having some difficulties they recommended and helped us contact an in-home care service to help him get back on his feet.
My loved one is really doing great here, it's nice to see him out being social, going to the movies, playing poker, etc.

SLC Midwest

Thank you very much for taking time to recognize our community for our commitment to delivering best-in-class service and care to our residents. If you need any additional support or recommendations, please do not hesitate to reach out to us. Regina Umanskiy, Executive Director [removed], ext. 2203.

Nice looking community

This was a location we toured when looking into options for our loved one. It was a nice looking place, the staff were very friendly and provided a good tour and were very prompt with any follow-up questions. I don't have anything negative to say about it, but the fit just didn't feel right for our loved one.

SLC Midwest

Thank you very much for your positive feedback about our community. While LWP was not your community of choice, there are many different types of retirement communities within the Senior Lifestyle family. Perhaps we can recommend another community that would better fit your loved one’s preferences. If there is anything we can do for you or your loved one, please stay in touch with us and we will be happy to assist you in any way we can. You can always reach us at [removed], ext. 2203. Regina Umanskiy, Executive Director

Spacious rooms for the pri...

Spacious rooms for the price. The kitchen and laundry facility in the room was a big selling point for my mom to help keep her independent as long as possible, while keeping her safe at the same time. Everyone was friendly and helpful. Beautiful facility and an excellent location.

Currently this facility was...

Currently this facility was most liked by my father. We visited the facility on Wednesday Aug. 21st. Joan was very accomodating. They had a very inviting lobby area with comfortable seating. They had restaurant style dining which was a plus as well as room service. There was a lot of energy in the place, and a greater mix of men and women. This facility can also offer all levels of care. They were the only ones that had laundry in the unit. They also offered outdoor, and stand alone garage parking. The fitness room was fairly well appointed, but it was also located in what seemed to be the back of the house area which was not as inviting. They also had a odd detail of running the carpet from the bedroom or hall of the unit into the bathrooms part way to be in front of the sink. Spills happen most commonly around the sink area and having an absorptive material seemed out of place. This is also one of the priciest places we have seen. My father will not consider a place that has a buy in set up, but this was higher than all the others. Overall though this was one of the better places we have seen.

Seems like a nearly perfect...

Seems like a nearly perfect match.

Near a Starbucks.

Near a Starbucks.

possibility

possibility

The director gave us a tour. My mom l...

The director gave us a tour. My mom like the floor plan here better than the Breakers. She thought the apts. were larger and washer and dryer in the unit are a plus, free parking etc. She didn't like the long hallways. She thought the Breakers had more excitement and activities.

Excellent. Meet my needs. Apartment...

Excellent. Meet my needs. Apartments are spacious. The atmosphere was very homey. Individuals were warm. The service in the dining room was fantastic. The employees were warm and very attentative. The washer and dryer is a extra that is a must have. Parking being included is also a plus. Food was very good. There are social events but the events at the Breakers appears to be more appealing.

Excellent place. Clean, residents app...

Excellent place. Clean, residents appear happy and interactive. The Director did a great job of explaining the details and answering questions.

At Lincolnwood Place, you will find everything from retirement living to assisted living to skilled care all in one supportive, caring community. We provide a continuum of care that makes Lincolnwood Place as right for you in years to come as it is today. We offer a wide variety of studio, one bedroom and two bedroom floor plans, all fully equipped with major appliances, including washers and dryers. There's always something happening at Lincolnwood Place! Residents frequently enjoy scheduled outings, exercising and playing cards with friends, as well as the convenience of weekly shopping trips and on-site beauty and barber services. Lincolnwood Place offers older adults the same quality of life they have become accustomed to, without all the worries, maintenance and expenses that go along with owning a home. For today and tomorrow, the Lincolnwood Place tradition makes this community the right home for you or for someone you love.