Brookdale Oak Park - Oak Park, IL

We were warmly welcomed by [Name removed] at this clean, well designed facility. His presentation was professional and covered most of our questions before we needed to ask them. He seemed truly interested in knowing our interests and needs. We think the programs and temperament of the individuals living in the facility are a good fit for us.

Dining Room issues

The facility itself is nice and the location is great. A few things to be aware of: First, the orientation is minimal. There is no effort to introduce a new resident to the executive director, the activities director, the dining room director and staff, etc. Orientation is left with the other residents, and so can vary depending on the (one) resident who agrees to provide the orientation. More important to day-to-day living, Brookdale has been having continuing problems with their (only) dining facility. The food is uneven. The wait staff in uniformly slow and inept and sometimes can be downright rude and condescending to the residents. Also, the dining room does not have open seating and so those that do not have reservations with a group that fills a table must wait for some time to be seated. Often you will see a huge group waiting to be seated while there are empty tables in the dining room. The person doing the seating of residents does not seem to get to know them and who they like to sit with. The dining room is a big reason why people decide to move from their homes, so make sure you ask about these things before making a decision.

My mom and I were impressed with the well kept facility, lovely dining room and view. The optional activities and learning opportunities were also good. Their representative was thorough and pleasant. We are still considering other options. This facility is more expensive than some of the others we toured. However, the close proximity to shopping and my current Mom's current physicians and other services that she uses is also a plus.

My visit

This community is over the top gorgeous. It is in a great location and the grounds are really pretty. The staff I met were friendly and helpful. This community was just a little out of our price range.

A spacious community.

The staff are attentive, good with communication and helpful. They offer a lot of daily activities. Dad is particular about his food. I would say the food is about a four. The community is very clean and I would recommend it. The price is a little high, however it is all inclusive.

Fantastic

There is a lot they have done really well. They are supportive and had everything ready when we moved my Mom in. They had fresh flowers and a cookie tray when we moved her in. They are a fantastic. They are a little expensive, but you get what you pay for.

extremely patient and nurturing

We have had a very good experience with Brookdale Oak Park. The place is pretty spotless and all the staff there is pretty amazing. They are all extremely patient and nurturing. I visit my aunt there on a regular basis and I am always impressed with what I see.

very friendly and accommodating

They are very very friendly, and accommodating. The food is good.

One small critique - The challenge is with orientation and getting up to speed with the activities. Their overview of these and getting mom in and acclimated in these areas has been a challenge.

Good location

The food is good – I’d give them a four. The facility itself is very nice – nice interior design. There is easy access to amenities like the library. Parking is limited. They are a very friendly staff and the like I said, the community is very clean and pretty.

Great place, very helpful staff

We're very happy with this community! It's very clean and well maintained. The staff are very friendly, helpful, and always available. They have a wide variety of activities as well, more than Mom can use! One thing that I think is really exceptional about this facility is their connection to the surrounding community, in a variety of ways. They open their facility to all sorts of community group and clubs, who provide even more activities and events for the residents to attend. They're also centrally located, and there are plenty of shops and restaurants within walking distance.

Beautiful facility

"A Place for Mom" sent me a referral to Holly Court Terrace. It is a beautiful modern place. The decor was modern yet gave off a peaceful feeling. Because it is a high-rise, it would be great for someone who is used to living in an apartment building. The residents seemed happy and there were many activities.

I could see myself here, if the need ...

I could see myself here, if the need should arise. It's set up on a rental basis. Apts. and common areas are pleasant. Proximity to our former neighborhood and church is appealing.

Wonderful place. A little too fancy f...

Wonderful place. A little too fancy for my mom's taste, but very appealing and warm.

Brookdale Plaza Oak Park provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer. And, our residents can rest assured that as their needs change we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages our residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.