Central Baptist Village - Norridge, IL

We invite you to join us at Central Baptist Village, where we are inspired by faith, family, and friendship. From the moment you arrive, you’ll feel at home at this community that’s been at the heart of Chicago’s near north suburbs for more than a century. Here, friends await you, ready to chat over coffee, challenge you to Wii bowling, explore the private 10-acre campus, or share mutual interests and aspirations. And, for those times when you would like a few moments to reflect and to renew your spirit, you’ll find a quiet space in our lovely chapel. We embrace all faiths.
Our continuum of care begins with independent living at The Commons, with assisted living services as needed. For those living with early stage memory loss we offer specialized programming in The Commons Enrichment Program. A higher level of assisted living is available for those with mid-stage dementia in The Terrace. Our 5 Star rated Pavilion provides skilled nursing care and short term rehabilitation and our Special Care Pavilion serves those with late stage dementia, offering a highly trained staff and therapeutic programming.
There’s no entrance fee, and you pay only for the care and services you receive.
With a team of leaders and associates known for our tenure and our commitment to residents, it’s no wonder older adults and their friends, family and professional advisers highly recommend Central Baptist Village.
Central Baptist Village has been rated one of the top nursing homes from US NEWS AND WORLD REPORT.

I toured this community

The facility was bright, cheerful, and quiet. Everything seemed clean and well-maintained. The extensive enrollment paperwork was a deterrent.

Clean Community !!

When I had taken my tour of this community I thought everything was very clean and I could tell they took pride in taking care of there facility. All of the residents seemed to be enjoying an activity in different common areas and happy to be there. They also have a great menu with different options for meals. In the end decision it was just not the right fit for my mother.

Central Baptist Village - Norridge, IL

Central Baptist has been a welcoming community for both my grandmother and my large family that comes to visit her. Many staffers throughout the facility know her by name and greet visitors with a smile. We especially adore the receptionist, [Removed], and the activities director, [Removed]! Overall, my grandmother seems happy and well cared for, which means the most to us, but I would prefer to see more staffers in her area. They seem overworked, and sometimes it's hard to find assistance when we need it. A few more staffers with specialized training for patiently dealing with Alzheimer's patients would make this place a five star spot.

Tour for care

The tour here was nice. I like the staff that was really nice and were able to answer my questions on the care that is given here. They offered a good menu of meals. I liked the list of activities. I would recommend the care of this community to other families.

very nice, only had single rooms, a bit far from brother. No sunday services. Nice outside area that is fenced in.

changed my mind about dependent living

MY father had to transferred from independent living to dependent living. I have worked as a R.N. in a hospital and I have first hand experience with patients that come from dependent living. WHAT a difference with Central Baptist Village. I have had nothing but a positive experience with all staff members. Especially social service, rehab, nursing attendance. My father has significant visual problems and his television in his room was not adequate. They after me asking immediately moved his television from his apartment into his room. Kudos to them, they added a component to this man's life that is enhancing. I would not hesitate to have a loved one as a resident in this wonderful facility

Central Baptist Village - Norridge, IL

My parents had been in skilled & assisted living communities when they were alive. I wish CBV had room for my parents but they were always full. Luckily, my aunt was able to get into CBV late last year. Although she could not do everything for herself due to her stroke the staff at CBV was "outstanding" and treated her well, spoke to her often (she became blind) and overall were the best I've ever experienced. I was so happy she was there. "10" stars!!

Everyone here is very helpful and kind.

Our family is very happy & content that our mother is a resident here. She gets wonderful care & the employees that work there are very dedicated to their work & the residents. It’s a people friendly & happy place. I would recommend it to anyone.

Took A Tour!!

The tour guide was knowledgeable and very informative. He gave me all of the necessary information regarding what activities the community offered and their meal plans. There were a lot of common areas though out the whole community like their beautician, a cafe, and a movie room. I would recommend a tour of this community they have a lot to offer.

Staff is all very friendly. All are long term and happy.

The hallways are immaculate!!

My uncle loves living at Central Baptist. He has made friends and enjoys some of the daily and weekly activities offered. He has not complained about the food and you are able to order your meals from a menu so there is a wide variety of options. This community is close to O'Hare field. This community is well maintained and gets my recommendation. The staff are wonderful and supportive in every way.

My Dad Can't Wait to Go Back

My father was doing well here at this community, but he tripped and broke one of his hips. We are hoping once he recovers from rehab he can return. They do a good job with keeping the community nice and clean. They have a very good staff here. I will say that the maintenance department needs some improvement, they are slow to respond. There are many activities offered for the residents. The meals are very nice, he likes the food. It is still a work on progress, but my father can't wait to go back.

Definitely recommend!

I would definitely recommend Central Baptist Village. We're very happy with it, it's a very nice place.

Central Baptist Village

Your facility is simply AMAZING! From the moment I met staff members, no matter their capacity, and toured the facility, I knew my mom would adapt and love her surroundings. I am eternally grateful to everyone involved in creating and maintaining such an incredibly warm, caring, and nurturing facility.

I really liked them. I was really comfortable here.

This is one of the places we toured when we were looking into options. I really liked them. I was really comfortable here. The young lady that gave that tour was very nice, there was no assisted living, but they have a couple of floors with a full time CNA. The bathrooms were down the hall which is the one thing I felt would be a little awkward. The place was nice, and the staff was friendly.

Julie Stevens

Thank you so much for the 5 star rating! I did want to address a potential misperception that may exist about our services. We do, in fact, have two different levels of assisted living. Our first level of Assisted Living is in The Commons where residents living independently can receive a variety of assisted living services, as they are aging in place. Our second level of assisted living is in The Terrace. The Terrace is a safe and secure, easy to navigate environment, with certified nursing assistants and 24-hour nursing supervision. We understand that Central Baptist Village may not be the right fit for everyone, and in that case, we are always happy to make referrals to another facility that might better serve your family. Thanks again for your kind remarks. We take great pride in our wonderful employees, a beautiful environment, and the individualized care we give our residents.

I liked this facility very much, it's very clean and the people are very friendly. But the only thing I didn't like was that the assisted living unit had the memory care unit mixed together. My father has no memory problems and wouldn't like living in a wing where he was locked in with people who are losing their memories. That would make him crazy since he's very alert. It's a shame that they don't have a separate floor or area for people who just need extra support in their assisted living area. Otherwise, a very nice facility.

Very happy with central Baptist village. The care and the facility are excellent. And the activities are there if desired. The staff is so nice. I would recommend it

Very nice. Convenient location. Like the flexibility of being able to add services when we need them.

Would not hesitate to recommend them

I was very impressed by everything that had to offer at Central Baptist Village. I really felt like they did everything well, from the nursing and care staff to the many activities that they provide. The facility itself is nice looking, and it always impressed me how clean they keep everything! We used this community for both rehab, and as a residence for my loved one, and we were completely satisfied with all of the services they provided. I would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone looking into senior living or senior care!

Wonderful place!

We’ve had a wonderful experience with Central Baptist Village so far! The facility itself is nice looking, and they keep it very very clean. I worked in the medical industry so I’ve been to a lot of senior communities, and this place has none of the negative aspects you think about when you think “nursing home”. It’s bright, homey, and there are no odors at all. The staff are all very friendly, and take great care of the people who live here! And the food is excellent! The chef they have is absolutely wonderful, he’ll stop by the tables during meals just to make sure everything is to the liking of the residents. He even does regular cooking demonstrations where he will teach residents how to prepare a few dishes! We couldn’t be more pleased with Central Baptist Village, and we would recommend them to anyone!

High Quality Care

My grandmother lived at CBV for nearly 10 years starting out in Independent Living but she needed to move to skilled nursing for the last year of her life. She chose CBV because it was just down the street from my mom's house. My mom was impressed with the quality of care from the staff and said that if she ever needed assisted living, this was where she wanted to live.
When it became apparent that mom could no longer live at home with assistance, we toured at least 5 facilities. I had to be sure that CBV was at least as good as the other highly rated facilities. In my opinion CBV was the best fit for mom and I was so happy that we could honor her wishes. She started out on the Terrace for memory care and I found the staff very attentive and caring. They have activities for the residents in the morning, afternoon and evening as well as time for the residents to relax, read or watch TV.
I am impressed with the quality and the variety of the meals. Every month there is one themed meal day like Hawaiian Luau, or German Octoberfest. If a resident doesn't like the choices though, they can always order a sandwich from the Cafe. Currently mom is living on the Pavillion because she now needs a higher level of skilled care. I am very happy with the services mom is receiving and very confident that the staff is skilled and committed to providing high quality care to meet the needs of the residents. I visit frequently but when I can't be there I know mom is in good hands.

Seemed like a very nice place!

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for our loved one. It was a very nice looking community, and the staff all seemed friendly and professional. We were very impressed by what we saw here, and this would have been our first choice. Unfortunately, however, they decided my loved one would not be appropriate for their lower care section without doing an actual assessment of him, which I did not like.

Said No based upon behaviors.

Said No based upon behaviors.

So far it's been pretty good.

So far it's been pretty good. I have to follow up with things, and learning what she needs help with. She likes the food. We chose them for a few reasons, I liked their pricing and that it was exact and inclusive. We liked the location, and we had also heard a lot of nice things from trusted healthcare workers. They are very friendly, before we made the decision, they were very patient. There is a chapel there, too.

Great place!

We're very pleased with this community so far! It's a nice looking, clean place, and the staff are all very friendly and professional. They have a lot of attractive activities and programs that we thought would be a good fit for our loved one. We also liked the layout of the rooms, the bathroom was very easy to get to from the bedroom, no need to try and walk through a dark apartment at night.
The only issue we ran into was that during the search process they were not willing to send someone to evaluate her until all of the paperwork had been submitted and approved. This was somewhat inconvenient, and in other facilities we looked at the evaluation was one of the first steps in the process.

I have a cousin who has liv...

I have a cousin who has lived here for several years and is very happy. It's a good location, offers all levels of care and has availability for our expected schedule. We have applied here.

Top Quality Caring Facility

This is high quality facility for seniors. It is well maintained with considerable natural light.
The staff is very friendly and supportive to the residents.
The food is very good.
The price is one of the highest in the area but I believe it was the best for my mother. She loves it.
They have different activities - entertainment, bingo, exercise, movies.

Great Care

It's a little expensive but I think it's worth it. My dad is on a floor where he doesn't have many activities so I'm not sure how to rate that. It's a nursing home and I think they're doing a great job. I think the food is very good. My dad gets bored with it. We're Mexican so I think he misses Mexican food.

Great community

Very friendly staff and very clean well maintained communities. They were one of our top two communities but the other community was able to offer us better options that we were looking for. This is a very good community that would have also been a great fit.

Very Happy with Central Baptist!

It was between Central Baptist and one other place and Central Baptist was closer. They're wonderful!

Cara, the girl who took us around on the tour, was fantastic. All the people that helped get my aunt situated - they've got a handle on it. They were very helpful and kept us informed.

My aunt loves it there. She loves the food and her apartment. She was so excited when she saw it. Everyone from the receptionist to the maintenance guys to the waiter and waitresses, everyone is so nice! I haven't come accross anything they can improve on.