Sedro Trail Assisted Living and Memory Care - Georgetown, TX

Low quality care

Don’t fall for the owner’s charming, but disingenuous, story-telling and demeanor. She will brag about their staff-to-resident ratio, but the quantity doesn’t manifest into quality care. While there are a couple of very caring employees, they do not (and cannot) provide the majority of the care in a 24/7 environment. Most employees here are inexperienced and the turnover rate is high (even observed within the brief time that I visited). High turnover rates are almost always due to unfair treatment from business owners and it’s not a stretch to then imagine how the residents are treated. If you want your loved one to get quality attention and care, look for a facility that is classified as a “skilled nursing” facility; they must meet higher educational and qualification standards than an “assisted living” facility.

Also, if you decide this is the place for your loved one and you come to an agreement with the owner about anything, get it in writing. Although she admitted she made an agreement, she said she wasn’t going to honor it and didn’t ‘have to’ because she didn’t sign anything. That behavior wouldn’t be surprising from some business owners, but it’s particularly appalling in this line of work.

Resources abound on the Internet; I wish I had had more time to research this properly. There are numerous lists on the web of questions to ask when researching living facilities; to them, I’d add: 1) ask questions about the staff, i.e. their education, certification, professional experience, longevity with the facility, etc. - these are the people who will engage with your loved one on a daily basis, so you’ll want to know how they are qualified 2) visit unannounced and ask for a tour and 3) look for a visitor and ask them what they like/dislike about the care their loved one is getting.

Sedro Trail

I toured Sedro Trail while looking at living options for my friend. Overall, I liked the Sedro; I like the people there, the staff, the owner, and the doctor. I liked that it’s a large house, but I felt it wasn’t very open and it had a lot of little hallways. I was afraid my friend might get lost there, so we ultimately chose a community with a more open plan.

unfriendly

this facility is to small and the resident seemed to always want to escape. The workers are very unfriendly.

Lovely home atmosphere. 1 to 3 care ratio very impressive

Immediately you notice the manicured yard. This is a house. A welcoming, pretty house. Inside it is bright, cheerful, yet cozy and inviting. You realize you have just entered a sweet smelling home, not a facility. But, that is not what really impresses you. It is that all the residents are well groomed, smiling and conversational. No demeaning baby talk spoken to them here. These lovely residents are treated respectfully yet incredibly warmly including gentle kidding and encouragement by a very professional staff. As part of the team that has led Bible study classes at Sedro Trail, I have been privileged to get to know most of the residents. We have good discussions. We laugh and we share. We sing hymns. We always say if someone walked in during one of our Bible studies they would not guess this is a memory care facility. The very first thing owner Jason Hall had us do starting with our first visit was to wash our hands! How smart. It spoke volumes to us about the careful, professional care given at Sedro Trail. Yvette Hall encouraged our Bible Study, and she is always incredibly responsive and truly loving with the residents. We have been blessed to be able to participate in the lives of such lovely residents in such a great place. DID NOT RATE VALUE, CORE SERVICES OR ACTIVITIES BECAUSE I HAVE LIMITED INFORMATION ON THESE SINCE ONLY DOING BIBLE STUDIES.

The BEST Assisted Living & Memory Care

I am an employee of Sedro Trail Assisted Living & Memory Care. I can honestly say that I have never seen this level of quality care anywhere else I have worked. The residents of Sedro Trail are made to feel like Kings and Queens. Their every want or need is catered to immediately and by caregivers that are very well trained and knowledgeable. All staff is certified in Alzheimer's through the Alzheimer's Association.

Sedro Trail's exclusive approach to Dementia has virtually eliminated Sun Downing. The residents of Sedro Trail are very happy and surrounded with love.

The owners are very down to heath and honest people. It is their mission in life to provide those needing assisted living and memory care services with the home and life that they deserve. Everything that they do for their residents comes from their heart.

Warm Home Environment

We were wonderfully pleased by what we found upon visiting this home. It is a convenient location but yet in a quiet, wooded area. The home is new, beautifully decorated and feels like an inviting home upon entry. It is wonderfully maintained and very cozy. The staff was cordial, cheerful and their care for the residents is obvious. The residents seem so happy and have relationships with the all staff. It is evident that this facility is truly a 'home' for their residents.

Amazing Place!!

Beautiful home, amazing staff who TRUELY care about your loved ones! Highly recommended - tour the home, meet the staff. Choose Sedro Trails for your loved ones so they will not just be watched over but cared for and loved. Sedro Trail is a HOME - the residents HOME - they are respected, treated with dignity, cared for - this place is more like a home than most any place you will find to care for your loved one! Take time to come take a tour and just experience the atmosphere for yourself!

Sedro a Trail is a loving, caring safe environment.

Sedro Trail's owners and staff are friendly and caring. I looked at several other places in the area and am totally happy with my choice. I can't imagine my husband being in a better place. Placing someone you love in a facility like this is a very difficult decision. The owners and the staff at Sedro Trail helped make it a smooth transition.

Sedro Trail Assisted Living and Memory Care is located in Georgetown, Texas just 1 mile from Sun City. We are a truly unique 9 bed residential care home where "Your loved ones, become our loved ones". Sedro Trail is on 7 beautiful hill country acres with abundant wildlife and a truly serene setting. We offer an unprecedented 1:2 caregiver to resident ratio. What this means is your loved one gets 1:1 personal love, attention and care. We are very selective on who qualifies as a caregiver in our home. All caregivers are required to be Cares-EssentiALZ trained and certified through the Alzheimer's Association. I promise you will not find a more loving, compassionate and caring staff than we have at Sedro Trail.