The Cottages at Chandler Creek - Round Rock, TX

• Assistance with all aspects of daily living

Review of The Cottages at Chandler Creek - Round Rock, TX

It was a very difficult decision to put our loved one in a care facility, but when we could no longer take care of her at home, we had no choice. Thankfully, the staff at the Cottages were so wonderful that our fears and concerns were quickly taken away. They have a great team of caregivers, always patient and loving to the residents and family. I would highly recommend this facility to anyone looking for a “home like” setting for their loved ones with Alzheimer’s.

Review of The Cottages at Chandler Creek - Round Rock, TX

He was only there three months before his passing but I found the cottages to be very responsive to the needs of my husband, very upbeat. The North cottage was very clean and home-like. It was delighted to have a small group for dining.
The nurses and aides were attuned to his needs. My concerns and fears were addressed and put to rest at this facility. I was able to have a restful night knowing he was getting excellent care.

The staff didn't seem that personable

My Mom lived here for a few months. I felt like the general care was good but my biggest problem there was that so many of the residents seemed to need more care than my Mom did so it was difficult for her to find people to actually converse with and relate to. I also had trouble with getting answers from the staff. I would call and leave messages and no one would call me back, I had a hard time finding out things, and the staff just didn’t seem to be willing to communicate. I know it’s probably harder and more time consuming for them but it was very frustrating to me and made it difficult for me to get a good feeling about her staying there. The staff that worked at night was also very limited in their ability to speak English so it was very difficult to speak with them about things or ask them questions.

Review of The Cottages at Chandler Creek - Round Rock, TX

A great place where they care about the residents.
The staff is very friendly and seem to have been working there for a long time.

Review of The Cottages at Chandler Creek - Round Rock, TX

Some problems with turnover, but most of the staff are very attentive and friendly. Homey, warm atmosphere. Residents are well-cared for and lots of activities.

Review of The Cottages at Chandler Creek - Round Rock, TX

My mother has lived at The Cottages for almost 8 years. We have been very pleased with the love and care she has received from those who take care of her daily needs, as well as the administrative staff. Everyone is always supportive and helpful goes the extra mile. I would highly recommend this community.

Review of The Cottages at Chandler Creek - Round Rock, TX

Warm and friendly staff work hard to keep residents and family happy! Mom has been living at The Cottages for six years and I never have to worry about her care.

Met Everything On Dads Checklist

Dad let me know what he was looking for in a community and this community had it all. He is doing outstanding better than anyone could ever have hoped for. He is doing things he hasn't done in years he is taken advantage of all activities and events they have. He is loving the food honestly there is not anything bad to say about this community in our eyes. The staff is amazing. I would highly recommend this community to anyone.

Pleasant Tour

I had a nice tour of this community. It is a good community with friendly people. The community looked well maintained from what I saw. The staff was polite, and my questions were answered. The experience was a good one, but I did find another community that met our needs better.

Understaffed!

When I toured The Cottages, it was a good experience. The facility was clean and the people were friendly, but they seemed to be very understaffed. I met a resident that used to live there and left because they did not have enough help. It was not the best fit for my loved one.

I liked this community alot for the care for my mom. It was very clean. They offered great activities to help her if wanting to participate. The food was very appealing and the atmosphere was like family cooking. I was happy with the tour here.

Horrible Experience!!

My father was residing in the community and things did not go very good. They staff would lock the doors to the rooms of the residents the whole day until the night. One of the residents once asked if i could open the door for her because she was hungry and wanted to grab a snack out of her room. I paid a lot of money for services that he never got. I would not recommend the community to families it was a bad experience for my loved one and other residents living there.

Mandy Quinn

At The Cottages at Chandler Creek, we encourage residents to leave their room each day so they can participate in activities and stick to a routine. Our activity director is certified in Alzheimer's and is a champion for our residents, as we all are, and engages them throughout the day. Of course, snacks plus three meals daily are prepared on site by our executive chef, and we have hydration stations throughout. Our residents are our family and are cared for in a warm and caring environment that is home for them. And numerous previous resident families agree -- as you may have seen, we have been awarded the SeniorAdvisor Award for Excellence 3 years in a row. Our reputation for quality care, cleanliness and homelike environment has been experienced by many residents and their families. Regardless of level of care, our rates are the same. We find that these standard monthly rates with no level of care charges and no hidden fees makes it easier on families to manage their budget and plan for the future. We encourage you to read all of our reviews, as we are among the top 10% of all assisted living in the country. Please feel free to contact us with any questions at [removed] or www.alzcottages.com

New Resident

My father has been at The Cottages in Round Rock for a little over a month and we love it. He's happy and well taken care of. The management staff, nurses, aids & housekeeping are wonderful. We visit frequently and always find my father calm, content, clean & well groomed. The Cottages offers tons of activities to keep their residents busy and plenty of food/snacks to keep up their strength.

Review of The Cottages At Chandler Creek-Round Rock, Tx

My mother lived here for 15 months, until her death. a strong point for us was that as her dementia progressed, she would not be required to move to a nursing home. She stayed in her familiar environment even on hospice, through her death. The staff is fabulous. As I told many people, "Mother is doing very well care for, and very kindly cared for-and to find that combination is rare."

Review of The Cottages at Chandler Creek - Round Rock, TX

Felt homey. Clean with no odors. Private rooms were nice. Pleasant grounds. Food prepared by chef. Plenty of space for residents to move around and enjoy residence. Private rooms had showers. Backs up to park. School children visit from next door.

Review of The Cottages At Chandler Creek-Round Rock, Tx

My wife is a physician and has Parkinson's Dementia. When I could no longer care for her at home, I looked long and hard to find a home where she would be taken care of in a competent, loving, and kind environment. I searched the internet and found six possibilities in one area. I visited them all and decided that the Cottages at Chandler Creek was the best place for her. She has been there now for nine months and all that I had hoped for has come true. The staff really did turn out to be very competent, loving, and kind. The facility and grounds are beautiful.

Review of The Cottages at Chandler Creek-Round Rock, TX

My parents shared at room at the Cottages after a fall and a stroke. We feel that the staff is warm and loving and very aware of individual needs of each resident. The nursing staff kept us apprised of changes in their health and medications. Aesthetically the Cottages is immaculate with no bad odors. We are very happy with the care received by our loved ones. I would highly recommend the Cottages to anyone looking for a clean, safe and loving place for someone with dementia.

Review of The Cottages at Chandler Creek-Round Rock, TX

Cottages CC is the best place for my mom. She has been there for five years next month. The staff there is the best, so I know and feel good that mom is in good hands. I would recommend highly this place to anyone.

Review of The Cottages At Chandler Creek-Round Rock, Tx

My mom has lived here for 4 1/2 years and has received excellent care!! She had several behaviors that are common to seniors with dementia that greatly improved within six months with the help of the staff. The state creates a very loving atmosphere for the residents. Also, the facility is very clean!

Review of The Cottages at Chandler Creek-Round Rock, TX

My husband was only with the Cottages for 6 days before his death. The staff was friendly and professional and really tried to help him. Unfortunately, he passed away as his body just gave up. Thanks for everything.

Review of The Cottages at Chandler Creek-Round Rock, TX

The three meals a day are made for the residents right there in the central kitchen area, just like at home. The smells and kitchen activities are comforting and familiar for the residents. The meals are tasty and the and proportions are generous. The meals give the residents something to look forward to each and every day. The staff have always been pleasant on every visit and many of them have been there for several years.

Review of The Cottages at Chandler Creek-Round Rock, TX

The nursing home is very attentive and worked very well attending to details of taking care of my husband. He was only there 4 weeks but it was clean, adequate, and met our needs. The doctor spent a lot of time checking my husband and helped me arrive at the reality of how bad he was and what we were facing. I thank God for taking care of Bill at such a difficult time.

Review of The Cottages at Chandler Creek-Round Rock, TX

I love that my mom is loved by the staff that work at the cottages. It makes me feel so happy to know when I am not with her there are people and residents who care for her. I appreciate the fact I can call and text anyone to the team that care for her and I always get a response and its easy to communicate with them. I truly adore them. They are good people and I am glad that I found my mom a good place to be taken care of.

Review of The Cottages at Chandler Creek-Round Rock, TX

We love the Cottages at Chandler Creek! The care my mother receives is far superior compared to where she placed before, which we thought was really good care. The staff, especially Mary, Teresa, and so many others, treat Wilma as if she is family. The staff and facility is always clean and efficient. They treat each client with respect and dignity.

Wonderful

Review of The Cottages At Chandler Creek-Round Rock, Tx

My mother has lived at the cottages almost six years. I believe she has received the very best care by loving people.

Review of The Cottages at Chandler Creek-Round Rock, TX

The cottages has been a lifesaver for our family. Both my mother in law and aunt have lived there for 28 months and 16 months respectively. The staff is unfailingly kind, loving, and nurturing. Thank you Cottages for your caring and understanding in our difficult situation.

Review of The Cottages at Chandler Creek-Round Rock, TX

staff is friendly, great place, staff knows what they are doing, and would recommend to anyone!

They have been wonderful.

They have been wonderful. They are very attentive and kind. Mary Jane is just fabulous. The people who work here, they go around and touch and engage with the residents, and acknowledging they are not only there, but that they are human. We chose them because of the view out the windows in the rooms. We are very happy with the staff the care, and the hospice they recommended.

They are doing good.

They are doing good. They can be a bit inconsistent though. They become short staffed on occasion. The food is good sometimes, and sometimes she doesn't like it as much. We chose them because they were able to cover all of our needs including some more difficult to find care for. We liked the size of the place as well.

Southern Charm for the Memory Impaired

We found The Cottages after an exhaustive search for Memory Care throughout Austin and surrounding areas. We were impressed with their Dementia Care theories derived from The Mayo Clinic, which include group activities with various forms of music, in-the-moment skills, and a high level of specificity. We were also drawn to the bright and charming small neighborhoods with color coordinated dining rooms, living rooms, and short hallways. As my grandmother is acclimating to her new home, she repeatedly comments with awe that she now lives in "such a beautiful place!" My family is relieved that she is happy, safe, and most importantly - seen.

Very Comfortable

My husband lives at The Cottages at Chandler Creek. It is very comfortable. I like that they have a lot of freedom. Overall, I rate this property 4 stars. I rate the cleanliness 4 stars. I rate the friendliness 2 stars because sometimes the staff has an attitude. I rate the value 4. I rate the care services 4. I can't rate the activities because my husband does not participate in them. This is a nice place.

It's a nice place.

We toured here as we were looking for options. It's a nice place. My loved one didn't really like it though, and we don't need memory care. This wasn't the best fit for us.

Miracle Workers

My mother in law is not an easy memory care resident. She has been known to refuse to eat and drink, landing herself in the hospital. Most of the time, she is very suspicious of her caregivers and won't trust them to do things for her. But these problems seem to have disappeared at the Cottages at Chandler Creek. After just a day or two there, the staff identified her "particulars" and made sure her food was just how she wanted it; she continues to eat well after over a month there. She also is engaging in activities and lets the staff help her with her grooming...again, this is something that was not happening at her last facility. The staff lets us know everything going on with her, and the on-site services with the physicians and therapists have been amazing. We couldn't be more happy with her care.

Amazing place!

They do an awesome job here! We were in crisis mode when we first contacted them, and they were right on top of things and got right on top of the situation. They had the hospice service they work with helping us within 24 hours, and once my loved one was moved in the care they provided was fantastic. The staff were all very caring and helpful, and checked in on him all the time. They specialize in memory care and alzheimer's care, and you can really tell they know their stuff.

A warm and caring environment

I am very pleased to have my mother at the Cottages at Chandler Creek. The caregivers are very warm and personable, providing a caring environment for the residents. I am really impressed by the many social and interactive activities that are scheduled so that the residents are engaged and not just idly sitting around. I would highly recommend this facility .

Very friendly staff

They're doing a really excellent job here. The staff are all outstanding and well trained, and even the custodial and maintenance staff are friendly and greet the residents by name. They really go out of their way here to make sure everyone feels comfortable and welcome.

The Cottages in Round Rock

The people who run the facility are very friendly and caring. The facility, itself, is bright and cheery and well kept up. I'm very satisfied with this choice for our family member.

27 March 2013. Probably the...

27 March 2013. Probably the best energy and total staff interaction of the properties I visited. When the door is answered, you are immediately in the house - no 'front office' waiting room before you are admitted beyond the secured door. The sitting rooms are very well lit, well designed and comfortable. Liked the family-style dining, the staff eat with the residents, and the amount of activity area options. The only down-side for me was the layout of the semi-private rooms. One big room with two beds. I don't think that would be comfortable for my Dad, and I don't understand how to keep him from pulling clothes out of his roommate's closet. Otherwise, really liked this property.

Secured. Alzheimer cert. Familiar wit...

Secured. Alzheimer cert. Familiar with agressive pts, can inject, nurse on staff, psychiatirst on staff (not in house). Says often gets patients from other facilities after failed trials there.

Residential care for Alzheimer's. Al...

Residential care for Alzheimer's. Also, has Adult Day Care and Respite care.

Loved it. Homey, all about loving the...

Loved it. Homey, all about loving the resident. Life in place, no move-outs. Openings immediately.

The Cottages are state-of-the-art residences for people living with Alzheimer's and other dementias. Each resident is cared for based on their own physical, mental and emotional needs in a warm, caring environment that makes it home for them. Under the supervisions of our 24-hour staff, we provide personal care assistance medicine supervisions, meals, snacks and specialized activities. Within our small community, we develop personal relationships with our residents. The unique floor plan and luxury finish out provides consistency and a home-like environment. Well-balanced meals are served family-style in each cottage. Our activity program is designed for memory impairment, and we offer personalized care for all stages of Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, stroke and other dementias.

Our home-like environment is what makes us special. Our residence is designed with four individual town homes for 8 - 12 residents. Meals are provided in a smaller setting, along with individual family rooms and dining rooms for each town home. This individualized approach provides comfort and security for the resident.
Our caregivers are specially trained to provide for those with memory impairments. With our small, home-like community, we develop personal relationships with our residents.

The Cottages at Chandler Creek in Round Rock, TX offer residents a variety of options when it comes to lifestyle. Nestled in the suburb of Round Rock, TX just minutes from Austin, this is a community filled with things to do. Round Rock has seen explosive growth over the past decade and continues to thrive as a place that offers prosperity and fun for people of all ages.

City Info

Round Rock, TX received one of the top 2017 safest city ranks by Niche magazine, making it one of the safest places for seniors to live, work, and play. In addition to these accolades, Round Rock has been touted as one of the healthiest and most prosperous cities in Williamson County. It's also ranked the fourth most affordable city in the nation.

However, its most impressive accolade is its ranking as the 12th best place to retire in the country. Seniors in Round Rock can expect to see their dollars go further and to live their golden years in comfort. The city is seasonally temperate, making it an easy place to live. As a result, seniors can expect to enjoy many outdoor activities year round. This thriving community has much to offer in terms of opportunity, activity, and weather.

Senior Housing and Veterans Facilities

Round Rock is filled with facilities that provide support for seniors and retired veterans. It boasts close to 100 senior facilities, making it a community rich in resources and support for seniors. Retired military veterans also have access to facilities within the city.

- Senior House Facilities: There are 96 senior housing facilities in Round Rock.
- Veterans Facilities: There are five veterans facilities in the area.

Transportation

Round Rock and Austin have a transportation system that works seamlessly. The fares for both cities are identical. Capital Metro has routes that run in Round Rock as well.

- Buses: Round Rock Transit and Austin's Capital Metro. Seniors 65 and over receive half-price fare.

- Trains: There are two Amtrak stations in Round Rock. Seniors 62 and over receive a 15% discount.

- Rideshares: Uber and Lyft operate in Round Rock.

Health and Safety

Round Rock has no shortage of medical facilities. The city ranks high in safety as well, coming in as the 4th safest in the nation. Nearby hospitals include:

- Forest Creek Medical Center

- St. David's Round Rock Medical Center

- Cornerstone Hospital of Round Rock

- Baylor, Scott & White Medical Center

- Seton Medical Center

- Wyoming Springs Medical Center

- St. David's Surgical Hospital

Sports and Leisure

Because Round Rock is so seasonally temperate, sports like golf can be enjoyed almost year round. Texas winters are generally mild, having very few extremely cold days. Round Rock has an abundance of options, making it easy to experience different golf courses if you want variety.

- Golf Courses: Forest Creek Golf Course, Teravista Golf Club, The Golf Driving Range, Cat Hollow Disc Golf, and Old Settlers Park Disc Golf.

Shopping and Entertainment

Round Rock has plenty of opportunities for shopping. The city is home to a Premium Outlet Mall, downtown shops, and various shopping centers. There's no shortage of entertainment options either.

- Premium Outlet Mall
- Downtown Round Rock
- University Oaks Shopping Center
- Dell Diamond: Round Rock Express (affiliate of the Texas Rangers baseball team)
- Round Rock Amphitheater
- Cinemark Movies 8 & 14 (Senior Monday's: tickets for $1.45)

Attractions

This community also has a variety of historical and entertainment attractions. Museums provide an up-close look at Round Rock's history, while other attractions provide a variety of activities you can take advantage of.

- Palm House Museum: Restored home of Swedish immigrants Andrew and Caroline Palm.
- Southwest Williamson County Regional Park
- The Round Rock: Historic area/landmark rock in a stream that once marked the low-water spot for wagons, horses, and cattle crossing.
- Memorial Park

Senior Activity Centers

There are many activity centers that cater to seniors in Round Rock. Seniors can enjoy activities that range from social to educational and recreational.

- The Allen R. Baca Center for Senior & Community Activities
- OWBC Senior Nutritional Program: Dining room that offers nutritious low-cost meals to seniors at the Baca Center
- The Round Rock Senior Center
- Faith in Action Caregivers: Senior Services

Seniors have plenty to look forward to as residents of Round Rock. A pick of restaurants, shopping, and entertainment spots as well as an abundance of medical facilities are available. Mild weather and an active, thriving city along with a whole host of amenities make Round Rock a smart choice for senior living.