We are calling you now to better understand your needs.
- Pets Allowed
- Hospice Available
- Respite Available
- Assistance with all aspects of daily living
The Cottages are state-of-the-art residences for people living with Alzheimer's and other dementias. Each resident is cared for based on their own physical, mental and emotional needs in a warm, caring environment that makes it home for them. Under the supervisions of our 24-hour staff, we provide personal care assistance medicine supervisions, meals, snacks and specialized activities. Within our small community, we develop personal relationships with our residents. The unique floor plan and luxury finish out provides consistency and a home-like environment. Well-balanced meals are served family-style in each cottage. Our activity program is designed for memory impairment, and we offer personalized care for all stages of Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, stroke and other dementias.
Our home-like environment is what makes us special. Our residence is designed with four individual town homes for 8 - 12 residents. Meals are provided in a smaller setting, along with individual family rooms and dining rooms for each town home. This individualized approach provides comfort and security for the resident.
Our caregivers are specially trained to provide for those with memory impairments. With our small, home-like community, we develop personal relationships with our residents.
The Cottages at Chandler Creek in Round Rock, TX offer residents a variety of options when it comes to lifestyle. Nestled in the suburb of Round Rock, TX just minutes from Austin, this is a community filled with things to do. Round Rock has seen explosive growth over the past decade and continues to thrive as a place that offers prosperity and fun for people of all ages.
Round Rock, TX received one of the top 2017 safest city ranks by Niche magazine, making it one of the safest places for seniors to live, work, and play. In addition to these accolades, Round Rock has been touted as one of the healthiest and most prosperous cities in Williamson County. It's also ranked the fourth most affordable city in the nation.
However, its most impressive accolade is its ranking as the 12th best place to retire in the country. Seniors in Round Rock can expect to see their dollars go further and to live their golden years in comfort. The city is seasonally temperate, making it an easy place to live. As a result, seniors can expect to enjoy many outdoor activities year round. This thriving community has much to offer in terms of opportunity, activity, and weather.
Senior Housing and Veterans Facilities
Round Rock is filled with facilities that provide support for seniors and retired veterans. It boasts close to 100 senior facilities, making it a community rich in resources and support for seniors. Retired military veterans also have access to facilities within the city.
- Senior House Facilities: There are 96 senior housing facilities in Round Rock.
- Veterans Facilities: There are five veterans facilities in the area.
Round Rock and Austin have a transportation system that works seamlessly. The fares for both cities are identical. Capital Metro has routes that run in Round Rock as well.
- Buses: Round Rock Transit and Austin's Capital Metro. Seniors 65 and over receive half-price fare.
- Trains: There are two Amtrak stations in Round Rock. Seniors 62 and over receive a 15% discount.
- Rideshares: Uber and Lyft operate in Round Rock.
Health and Safety
Round Rock has no shortage of medical facilities. The city ranks high in safety as well, coming in as the 4th safest in the nation. Nearby hospitals include:
- Forest Creek Medical Center
- St. David's Round Rock Medical Center
- Cornerstone Hospital of Round Rock
- Baylor, Scott & White Medical Center
- Seton Medical Center
- Wyoming Springs Medical Center
- St. David's Surgical Hospital
Sports and Leisure
Because Round Rock is so seasonally temperate, sports like golf can be enjoyed almost year round. Texas winters are generally mild, having very few extremely cold days. Round Rock has an abundance of options, making it easy to experience different golf courses if you want variety.
- Golf Courses: Forest Creek Golf Course, Teravista Golf Club, The Golf Driving Range, Cat Hollow Disc Golf, and Old Settlers Park Disc Golf.
Shopping and Entertainment
Round Rock has plenty of opportunities for shopping. The city is home to a Premium Outlet Mall, downtown shops, and various shopping centers. There's no shortage of entertainment options either.
- Premium Outlet Mall
- Downtown Round Rock
- University Oaks Shopping Center
- Dell Diamond: Round Rock Express (affiliate of the Texas Rangers baseball team)
- Round Rock Amphitheater
- Cinemark Movies 8 & 14 (Senior Monday's: tickets for $1.45)
This community also has a variety of historical and entertainment attractions. Museums provide an up-close look at Round Rock's history, while other attractions provide a variety of activities you can take advantage of.
- Palm House Museum: Restored home of Swedish immigrants Andrew and Caroline Palm.
- Southwest Williamson County Regional Park
- The Round Rock: Historic area/landmark rock in a stream that once marked the low-water spot for wagons, horses, and cattle crossing.
- Memorial Park
Senior Activity Centers
There are many activity centers that cater to seniors in Round Rock. Seniors can enjoy activities that range from social to educational and recreational.
- The Allen R. Baca Center for Senior & Community Activities
- OWBC Senior Nutritional Program: Dining room that offers nutritious low-cost meals to seniors at the Baca Center
- The Round Rock Senior Center
- Faith in Action Caregivers: Senior Services
Seniors have plenty to look forward to as residents of Round Rock. A pick of restaurants, shopping, and entertainment spots as well as an abundance of medical facilities are available. Mild weather and an active, thriving city along with a whole host of amenities make Round Rock a smart choice for senior living.