Poet's Walk Round Rock - Round Rock, TX

Poet's Walk Round Rock - Round Rock, TX has yet not published prices.

Great Tour, but Too Expensive

I had a very nice tour of this community. Everything went very well. The staff I met was friendly, and informative. They answered all my questions. The community looked nice, and everything appeared to be clean. It is a community I would not mind my father living in, but their prices were too expensive for our budget.

Amazing. Never found a community and such compassion and love. Only sorry it wasn’t available sooner. Poet’s Walk made my mother’s last 5 months of her life (full of love, compassion, sense of family, involvement and tender loving care) the best. What an amazing group of people – from administrator on down. Everyone cares!

Christina OLeary

Wynn, thank you for the time you took to leave us a positive review. We truly appreciate it.

Having had family members at various memory facilities in the area, this is by far the best!
Very caring and attentive staff, not only for the residents but the family members as well!
Great job of keeping the residents engaged throughout the day.

Christina OLeary

Thank you Rick. We appreciate your positive review.

Top choice!

I really liked Poet's Walk when I toured. We had already left a deposit with them. The staff was friendly and the place was very clean, but we had found another community that fit my father's needs a little better.

Exceptional Care

My spouse has been at poets walk 6 months. I couldn't begin to say how happy we are to have found this facility. He is treated with dignity and respect. The care is consistently exceptional. Staff are well trained. They go out of their way to also make family feel welcome and part of the care.

Christina OLeary

Thank you so much for your positive review. We appreciate the time you took to give us your feedback.

Highly recommend Poet's Walk

Poet's Walk is a beautiful facility, but even more importantly it has an outstanding staff, the best I have ever encountered. Dad visited other facilities and even lived in an assisted living facility for three years and Poet's Walk from those who clean to the Director are above and beyond the best. They care about the residents and the families of those who live there as well. They know how to talk to my dad who has dementia and he is very happy there. We know he is happy since we talk to him every evening on the phone and visit him every week. The nursing staff there has innovative technology that tells them if Dad gets up often at night and if he falls. He can participate in activities that help him stay alert and enjoys restaurant quality meals. I highly recommend Poet's Walk!

Christina OLeary

Thank you so much for your positive feedback. We appreciate the time you took to write this review.

I recently moved Dad to Poet’s Walk. In my opinion, the memory care facility where he was living is going downhill due to bad management and he was not getting good care. He was declining to the point of not being able to speak in completed sentences and stayed confused. I know this is part of this terrible illness but like I said, he was not getting good care. My advice…stay cautious of “good deals”.

The staff at Poet’s Walk is remarkable. The change in my father's behavior is amazing for such a short time that he has been there. The activity director keeps my father and the others engaged in constant conversation and activity. The food is homemade, fresh and delicious. The facility is clean and beautiful. There is an onsite nurse 24/7. There is a social worker on staff to make sure Dad is acclimated and also for my needs as a caregiver. The executive director believes in positive constructive management to bring the best performance from staff. The whole team has their sleeves rolled up with one purpose…my father’s best interest.
I did not take moving my father to a new facility lightly and today I can say Poet’s Walk is the best decision I have made in a long time. This is a slow downhill road and I believe Poet’s Walk will be with my father and I to make this journey as enjoyable and peaceful as can be expected.

Christina OLeary

Thank you for your kind feedback. We appreciate the time you took to write this detailed review.

A nice tour for care

This is a nice community. The staff is great, but we needed more care then what they could give her. I did see the restaurant and it seems very nice and maintained. They did not have the memory care that we were needing at the time my mom moved in. This would not be our choice for memory care. This is a community where residents can take care of some of the needs on there own. We would suggest that families take a tour to see if this is what they are looking for.

Mom's Care

This was a new community that was still under construction at the time. The staff was nice, but they had alot of issues while going thru construction. I was not happy with the dust and other areas of cleanliness at that time. I was worried due to finding a side door left unlocked. I would inform families to take a look here first.

My dad moved into Poet's Walk about a month ago. We have seen remarkable changes in him since he has been there. He is involved in the activities, something that he did not do at all for the three years previously at another assisted living facility. The staff at Poet's Walk are all knowledgeable about how to deal with those who have dementia and it makes all the difference. Each person there from the director to the chef are all kind and dedicated caregivers. Food is very important to my dad and they have gone out of their way to make meals that he enjoys. The facility itself is new and has many technological advances that help the nurses care for the residents. There are motion detectors in the rooms that tell them if the resident is having a restless night or up many times in the bathroom. From the moment we walked into Poet's Walk we felt welcomed. Each staff member has a smile and a hello for us when we come to visit Dad. Poet's Walk deserves the highest recommendation available and I would encourage others to come check it out if you have a loved one who needs individual care. Poet's Walk gets five stars from me and I think my dad would agree.

Christina OLeary

Thank you for the time you took to write this detailed review. We truly appreciate it!

Christina OLeary

Thank you for you positive review. We appreciate your feedback.

Poet's Walk is a great place!

My father is now living at Poet's Walk and has a much higher quality of life than he did at other assisted living facilities. The staff are all experienced, knowledgeable, kind and loving toward the residents. They include my dad in the activities which he would not participate in at other places. The one on one attention toward residents is great. The staff social worker who is the liaison between residents, their families and staff has helped us and Dad feel comfortable and at home there. Activities are geared to help with memory and brain function and carried out with attention to detail and great kindness. While we were getting Dad admitted, the administrative staff helped us understand the forms that needed to be filled out. They have a physician on duty and there are licensed nurses administering medicines and taking care of the residents. The food is prepared by an excellent and highly qualified chef. They have a van to take residents on outings. It is a new facility that has modern technology built into the rooms to help the nursing staff. We are so pleased to have Dad living there and he is happy there, too! Poet's Walk gets the highest recommendation available from us.

Christina OLeary

Thank you for the time you took to leave such a positive review. We appreciate your feedback.

Brand new (opened June, 2016). 64 apts, only about 6 residents so far, as of 7/23. Lab (dog) was playing fetch indoors and barked several times (loudly). "Founders" $500 off for 12 months for a while more--through August? Very nice facilities. residents looked engaged and happy. No furniture in apts. Private showers in each unit. Closet in apt.

My mother moved to this memory care facility and she has been treated with the utmost care and thoughtfulness. Everyone we worked with getting her adjusted and comfortable receive my highest recommendation.

Review of Poet's Walk Round Rock - Round Rock, TX

[Removed] sales representative very attentive polite helpful stays in touch. Will not tour or consider until building is completed and [Removed] has had residents staff in operation for at least 4 to six months. This organization sounds promising but we need more than brick and mortar to view before making a decision about our mothers memory care home. We need to see residents living [Removed] and see [Removed]employees programs in action before we could ever consider making this our mothers forever memory care home.