Brookdale Prospect Heights - Prospect Heights, IL

Brookdale Prospect Heights - Prospect Heights, IL has yet not published prices.

They were very kind, thoughtful, hospitable, and caring to us. I really like that they have a smaller community of residents and all the units are on one floor. Everything is so clean and up to date. I feel confident they will take good care of my mom.

Content here

There are some good caregivers and some were better than others. They engage him to join the daily activities. Housekeeping kept everything clean. The food wasn't very good and had no variety and the portion of the food was microscopic. There were 5 choices daily and 3 were always the same. The therapy was really good.

Needed Memory Care

The community is good we are happy with the level of care my parents are getting so far. Mom is not happy with being placed there but it is better for her. The offer activities suited for the memory care unit such as exercises. The food seems ok I have not eaten there as of yet but I plan too. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The community is clean and well kept. I would recommend the community.

Everything Seems Fine

It's been an adjustment but mom is doing well. She is starting to participate in activities and meeting new people. The staff is friendly and kind and makes us feel welcome when we are there. The food appears to be the good mom hasn't complained about it. The owners seem to take care of the inside and out when ever I am there the place smells good and is always clean.

A good tour for mom's care

We toured this community for my mom's care. The staff was able to answer the questions that we had. The community was clean and was pleased with the variety of meals and the activities that were offered. We would recommend that other families tour this community for the care of a family member

Too Expensive

On my tour I got feedback and the pricing was too much for me and I had to consider the far distance from me. It looked like a clean community and they staff were providing care that was needed for the people.

A Better Fit

My mom is staying at this community. She is eating good meals and the staff are taking care of her real good. That is what is most important to us.

Nice Location!!

I had a tour of this community for my loved one and I was pleased with the experience that we had received. The staff where on time to our appointment and made sure to accommodate our needs at the best of there ability. They had a great floor plan with lots of great amenities for all of the residents that I was impressed with. It was just not the right fit for my mother in the end decision.

Take a look

We liked this community when we visited. The community looked clean and well maintained. The staff we met were friendly. The community we chose seemed to fit our loved one better.

We Were Happy With the Referral

My parents love it here and we love it for them too. They are happy and we think this was a good referral. The staff are good and attentive. There is a good amount of resident in the assisted living about 78 residents. They are always responsive to my parents needs.

This place is really nice.

Outstanding facility!!

I can not say enough great things about this facility. The staff have done a wonderful job at making her feel right at home as well as keeping in good communication with my family and I about her progress. The property is beautiful and has a lot of great amenities they offer there residents. She has been enjoying her dinning experience as well as participating in many of the activities throughout the week. Overall we are very happy and would defiantly recommend this place.

Dad is Well Here

My father is doing great with his move to this community. I'am comfortable with his move here. They are providing him with great. They have a good staff at this facility. He is pleased with the meals. Everything is working out well, and I would recommend this community.

Outstanding Care

I am really happy with the care that is given here to my mom. The staff is friendly and makes the community beautiful with each holiday. She is happy with the special ldiet that she is on and finds the meals to be good. The activiites are great for her and she is enjoying playing bingo. I have had other family members at this community and know that the care if great. This is a community that is very comfortable.

Ruff Start, But Settle in Now

It was a ruff start at first, but now my father is starting to settle into this community. Overall he is doing good, and being cared for very well. The staff is very willing to work with me. They are always willing to help. This is a very caring community. He has even made some meal buddies. Overall it has been a good experience so far.

A good tour

The tour was very nice. I did like the community,but they wanted to add on additional cost for differnt things and it was not within what we could afford. the staff was very nice. It was under construction when I took my visit.

very good about trying to accommodate my father-in-law

Brookdale Prospect Heights have been very good about trying to accommodate my father-in-law who is kind of a challenge. He ended up falling the first night he was there. After a day or two they suggested that he needed more therapy. He is now back in his assisted living studio. He thinks he can do things and does them very quickly. Getting him to change at the age of 88 is a challenge. I think well of the facility. They are doing best they can given how difficult my father-in-law is. We will see how things continue to go here.

Martha [last name removed] has been incredibly helpful in helping us establish a relationship with Brookdale. We were working within time limitations and Martha and the nurses worked tirelessly to screen my husband and assure we could sign a contract on a timely basis.

If you are fairly independent, then it would be very nice.

If you don't need much assistance, and are mostly independent, then this would be a very nice place. It didn't really work for us, and I had some concerns about the amount of time it took them to respond to a call bell. Had my loved one not been blind I think our experience would have been different. They said they had a special system for someone who was blind, but it didn't really work. She would ring for someone and it would sometimes take up to an hour for a response. She also wasn't really able to participate in many of the activities. If you are blind I don't think this is the best fit, if you are fairly independent, then it would be very nice.

good overall experience

Overall the experience with Brookdale Prospect Heights was positive. The first night there they forgot to get her for dinner and that of course was not good. Then there was the head person that I was not very impressed with who (among other things) did not tell us we had to sign a hundred page contract. Other than those issues it has been a good experience.

The nurses did really well, were very caring, and made sure mom had her meds when she needed them. Overall it is a very nice place with very friendly excellent staff.

Nice and clean. Nursing roo...

Nice and clean. Nursing rooms are layed out nicely. Not too big so it's easy to find your way around. We need a more extensive memory care program.

We’re real pleased with it.

I haven’t been really impressed with the activities. They could amp up the activities a little bit. My dad is on oxygen and we are having some issues with the caregivers. When they take him to a meal, they are supposed to put him on portable and then back on the main concentrator, when he comes back from meals. When that switch back hasn’t happened, sometimes he runs out of oxygen and that isn’t good.
I’ve eaten there a couple of times and my dad seems to like the food, he really likes the breakfast.
It’s a very clean community.
We’re real pleased with it.

They do a pretty good job.

They do a pretty good job. When we call they respond very quickly, I am not sure about how fast they respond to the call bells. My dad doesn't use them much. They seem to have a good amount of things going on. My dad seems to love the food, I would give it at least a 4.5. He really likes the desserts. I would like to see the aides get the residents up and walk them around a little more. We needed skilled care, and they were able to offer that.

The general attitude was more pleasant than anywhere.

The general attitude was more pleasant than anywhere. My husband is happy with the food. The parking is not good. This is better than the other communities that my husband has been at! It’s very clean and the care services are excellent. The staff is very friendly.

Very Nice Overall

Everyone has been really nice and helpful. The staff is really great but I think that they are a little overworked. There is one head nurse so communication can kind of slip through the cracks. You have to make multiple phone calls and follow up. We had a mix up with cancelling pharmaceuticals so we had double of the medication, and they billed us even through my dad didn't use it.

They do stuff everyday, but my dad doesn't really take part in it. It seems like mostly women participate. We were told that there was an influx of men when my dad joined, but it seems like none of the men really participate. They do movies, and some outings about once a month. They will go to a restaurant or something like that. Everything is included in the price.

Size and layout of the room are very nice. Overall we are satisfied.

Cheaper for a reason

That place smelled like both urine and lysol and they kept telling me how much cheaper they were and I was looking at the residents and they weren't dressed properly. They were all just sitting out there and drooling, they couldn't get involved in anything and it just gave me a bad feeling.

Great for respite care

My mother was here just for respite for 2 weeks so everything was inclusive. The emeritus is a very much smaller facility, it was never a consideration as a permanent placing because of the size, the programs that are available and if I'm not mistaken, I don't think they have memory care. It's a beautiful place, very clean, the rooms were excellent, the staff was excellent. I would highly recommend them as a respite but maybe not as a permanent placing for nursing. We saw the special on emeritus and I think they did a big disservice to emeritus by zeroing in on the one nursing home and I think they made a huge error in focusing on them because our experience was very good. On the one hand it was very informative and helped us know what to look out for but I kind of felt sorry for them.

Wanting to go back

She had been here and done some respite before she moved, the prices were pretty reasonable, actually, substantially less than the other places in the area, she knew some of the people on the staff and they were familiar with dealing with her. Right now we're working on medication so that she can go back. The care has been pretty good, she was kind of sneaky with the medications and they brought it to our attention that she was trying to hide it but she was in the general community and not the alzheimers unit, but that progressed rapidly. They did have people over with her helping her get involved with games and things like that so if we can get her to where she can go back we'll see how it goes.

Bldg small and old. Facility special...

Bldg small and old. Facility specialized in Parkinson. Had dog and cats. Walker for Parkinson, u-step. room was nice. microwave /refrig in closet, common areas tight and tired. People seemed nice. workers ~14 yrs. High marks for Parkinson knowledge.

Brookdale at Prospect Heights provides assisted living in an apartment-style setting that offers the simple pleasures - nutritious food, comfortable surroundings, and the support of a warm, caring and competent staff. Our Skilled Nursing Center emphasizes resident care and dignity in private or shared accommodations. We offer a variety of nursing care and support services including 24-hour skilled nursing care, post hospital and post surgical care, restorative care, coordination of physician and pharmacy services and family counseling. A Short Stay Program for seniors who need short-term care may also be available. It is the ideal alternative for recuperating after a hospital stay, while family caregivers are on vacation or if you just want to try out assisted living. Please call for more information or to schedule a visit to find out how Brookdale at Prospect Heights can enrich your life or the life of a loved one.