Savannah Cottage of Lakeland - Lakeland, FL

Kudos to Savannah Cottage

My wife has been a resident of Savannah Cottage Memory Support Residences in Lakeland, Florida for five months.
Savannah offers good care for my loved one. Their rooms are nice size and they have, on average, good and comforting meals. The staff members have a very demanding job. Almost all the time they are compassionate, and work with the almost constant demand of the resident's. Even the younger members of the staff show an unusual and patience understanding of the residents they are serving.
On my daily visit to see my wife I noticed her hair had been washed and styled. It looked so nice.
I found out that the Regional Director for several facilities had come to this facility and had washed, blow dried and combed out my wife's hair. I couldn't believe it. The Director is a very busy person with lots of responsibilities. She always takes time to talk to the residents and do special things for them when she is on the property . She knows them all by name and is close and friendly to everyone. What an amazing person.
She quite often has residents visiting her in her office.
It is a wonderful and loving sight to see.
Kudos to Savannah,

A Loving Husband

Mom's Care

The care at this community has been very nice. We like that the staff have been very attentive to my mom's needs for care. The community is clean and maintained. We liked the good variety of meals that are offered. They had activities for her to participate. We would recommend this community for the care families and their loved ones.

Thankful

This building is BLESSED to have [Removed]!! They need 10 of her!!!

This providers place gives you the impression of visiting someone's home, just on a larger scale, not an institution for sick people. The staff was polite, very friendly and answered questions with lots of knowledge.

Not Impressed

I was not impressed with my tour of this community. One thing I noticed there was a women walking around with two black eyes, that was concerning. The cleanliness of the community could had been better. I did not feel this was the community for my mother, and her needs.

Daddy's home

Savannah Cottage has changed my daddy's life. We could not be more pleased.

Stephen Liebscher

We love having your Daddy as part of our family!

Helped Her Improved

They have really helped my mom improve on different things. She is socializing with other people and helped with her incontinent problem. I had Thanksgiving dinner with my sister and the community, the food was good. She looks happy and I am pleased with them so far. I like the girls's attitude that are uplifting all the time and they are around where they are at, all over the place with them. I like that it is like a family.

Homelike Feel!

The community is small, and the staff is able to give individual attention to all of the residents. The place always has either a clean or neutral smell to it, it's never dirty. They offer a mixture of activities and take my loved one on walks. The meals have a good taste to them and are always on time. I am happy with the choice to move her here.

New home for mom

Toured this community today and I am so happy that I did! I have been worried about finding just the right place for my mom. Savannah Cottage is that place. The staff were compassionate and friendly, the director couldn't have been nicer, and the overall feel of the community reminded me of home.

Bedt move evet

My dad stayed for respite and enjoyed himself so much that we moved him in. The director was most helpful and answered all our concerns. Best move ever.

Highly Recommend

My father in law lived there for many years. The staff made him comfortable, happy, and cared for. The director was always accessible, knowledgeable and friendly. Highly recommend Savannah Cottage.

Home Sweet Home

Couldn't have picked a better home for our dad. He has been at the Cottage a little over a year now and he receives outstanding care and love everyday. They're a big family that we are so happy to be apart of!

Community is kept clean!!

The community is always kept clean and well maintained with lots of positive energy in the complex. The staff have all been delightful and have kept great communication with me about my loved one. There is a lack of encouragement when it comes to making my father take care of his hygiene, other than that I have no complaints.

Get that smell out of here!

I got to take a tour of this property and did not like it at all. From the time I walked in the place smelled really bad of urine. It was also dingy and dark. When I went into the dining area I felt like I was in the backwoods with the little tables that they had. It really felt like an institution. The place could use another coat of paint because the old paint is chipping everywhere. The place just looked and smelled horrible.

Great home for memory care needs ...

I chose Savannah Cottage over other Assisted Living facilities as it is a small home-like lifestyle which makes everyone feel like family. Being a one floor, small memory care facility it is a great atmosphere where the residents are treated with tender loving care. The friendliness and care by the staff is excellent as are the well-balanced home cooked meals. The activities program encourages the residents to keep busy and get involved.

Very friendly admin staff; did not encounter many aides. Some parts of building appeared a bit worn, and some slight odors in some areas. Staff to resident ration on the high side.

Friendly, welcoming staff

We're very pleased with how things turned out at Savannah Cottage! The staff here is friendly, caring, and very personable. They really went out of their way to help my loved one ease in the community. She didn't end up being here long, but I thought it seemed like a very nice place, overall!

Review of Savannah Cottage of Lakeland, FL

The staff at the Cottages provides a professional, caring and supportive facility for residents and family members of those who suffer from dementia. When I transferred my father there, I found out about all of the resources and services that he should have received at his former location. The staff callas and keeps me informed about any charges. I visit regularly and each time I am pleased with the level of care provided to my dad.

Homey

It’s expensive, but I think it’s worth the cost. It’s very secure. The food is great. The lunches are great. There is enough parking. They’re very, very friendly. It’s really homey place. The residents feel at home.

Savannah Cottage saves the day

We had looked at this facility a year ago for my mother-in law but my father-in-law wasn't ready for her to be out of the home. After he broke his hip we needed a place fast and put her somewhere else. Long story short she needed another place fast because she was getting worse and my father-in-law was in a panic. I contacted A Place for Mom and they recommended Savannah Cottage. They were amazing with getting her evaluated and getting all the paperwork ready to be signed. My father-in-law couldn't be happier with how it all turned out and is thrilled with the staff and the cleanliness. The value is great and her over all care is impeccable. I would recommend this place to anyone that needs a memory care facility. The staff truly cares and does an amazing job.

This is a nice place but to...

This is a nice place but to far away for my sister. I do hope to get her to go look.

Ashley Magill

Thank you for touring - pleased to hear you enjoyed your visit. Sandra, our Executive Director, would be happy to coordinate a visit time with your sister. We look forward to meeting your sister and serving your family.
Sincerely,
Ashley Magill

Savannah Cottage of Lakeland, offering assisted living for those with Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of memory loss, is located in Lakeland, Florida. Lakeland is a diverse city full of charm and southern hospitality. Located in Polk County, Lakeland is positioned perfectly in the center of the state with easy access to I-4 and conveniently located between Orlando and Tampa. The Lakeland area offers state of the art medical facilities and hospitals, shopping centers and malls, and many diverse cultural and entertainment opportunities. Lakeland offers the feel of a small town with many warm and caring residents, but also provides many opportunities for all interest. It’s the perfect town for a hospitable assisted living community dedicated to those with memory loss!

Everyone who visits Savannah Cottage feels welcome the moment they enter the front door. The associates offer a feeling of warmth and charm and are always happy to greet family members and guest. Savannah Cottage is a secure residential community offering specialized services for those with Alzheimer’s disease, or related memory impairment.

The front lobby and living rooms are each unique offering warm colors and décor, an inviting fireplace, and many sun filled windows. There is also a centrally located and secure courtyard where many residents enjoy one another’s company or a visit from family and friends. The smaller courtyard, just off the front lobby, is filled with seasonal herbs, planted by the residents and associates.

At Savannah Cottage our mission is to promote independence and dignity for those who have memory loss. This is reflected in the design of our community and through the many services we provide. The dining room offers three meals per day in a comfortable restaurant-style setting. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are served and associates are always available with a helpful hand if extra support is needed. The menus offer a popular entrée selection with alternative s