Brookdale Highlands - Lakeland, FL

Brookdale Highlands - Lakeland, FL has yet not published prices.

Nice outdoor areas and amenities, nice staff. Residents seem active and happy. Unfortunately, the only current vacancies are either a little too small or too large for my dad.

it Seems Okay

Everything is fine and okay while being at this community. It looks clean, they provide meals, and staff are all real nice.

Enjoyed Our Tour

We enjoyed our tour of this community. Everyone was very kind to family, and myself. The community looked great. You could tell they do a good job with the cleanliness of the community. It was a good experience, and this was a community I was considering moving my mother too.

A Wonderful Experience at Brookdale

We had a terrific experience with my Mom at Brookdale. The staff was happy and engaged and could not have been better to my Mom. The facility was clean, well maintained and organized.

Things are going great!!!

They offer a variety of activities at Brookdale. My brother in law likes the food. The staff are helpful, attentive and the residents are taken care of. The community is clean and I would recommend it.

Memory care facility (Clare Bridge) less than 3 years old, very clean and well-kept. Great activities and programming for residents.

They should be ashamed...

I let the high price and fancy facility trick me into thinking I had my mom in the best place. She was only there for a short while before she passed away, Afterwards, I realized she was not receiving good care. The family members are treated awful. The director won't return calls ever. Even though I always paid early they lost my payments and harassed me for direct access to our bank account. That period of time was awful. Whenever I went to visit they called me in the office and tried to get more money out of me. They know that once a dementia patient is settled it's hard to move them so they were always trying to raise the rate. We were always overcharged and nobody would correct the billing. I was in the process of getting a lawyer and had contacted the Elderly Services Ombudsman, then my mom passed away unexpectedly. It's only about the $$$.

very nice

Brookdale Highlands is very nice. I like the facility. The care is very good. Its bright. The staff is friendly and caring. The corporate angle needs help. My mother quit smoking and she went in and started back. They charged me $50 a month. However according to the paperwork she could smoke in her room. To charge $50 a month to sit outside and smoke is outrageous. I think because they are a big cooperation they can get a way with it. I was very disappointed in the way the executive director handled the situation. Other that I am very happy with the facility.

Very Nice and Kind

They were very nice and very kind to my mother while she was there, she just needed more care then they could offer. It wasn't anyone's fault, it was just the type of facility and we didn't realize that when we moved her in.

Very nice place!

We're very pleased by how things have turned out at Brookdale Highlands! It is a beautiful, clean, well kept facility, and the staff are all very friendly and professional. They are taking really excellent care of my loved one. They have a lot to offer here, in terms of both care and amenities, and the price was comparable to other less impressive communities we saw in the area.

Progressive, Friendly, excellent food preparation, activities all day every day

Horrible

It is horrible, absolutely horrible, like a zero. No one ever came to her room as far as I know. She was completely isolated. I think a couple things happened and some residents got away, the police were involved and the director was fired. I would not recommend. At the time, we didn't know any better. They transferred her there after therapy. It was a ton of money, and nobody cared about the residents. The laundry was always missing.

Brookdale Highlands provides our residents with lifestyles, housing, care and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs and care. Through Brookdale’s signature Personalized Assisted Living we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Our residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

At Brookdale Highlands we promise Respect for Individual Preferences by offering personalized care needs and providing an atmosphere that encourages each resident to live in health and longevity. We also offer special housing and care options for those who require assistance with the activities of daily living such as dressing, bathing and dispensing of medications. Our community offers graduated levels of care based upon the individual need of residents, as determined by our continual assessment process. We are dedicated to enriching the lives of our residents every day with signature services for those who value their freedom and independence, but desire or need services providing them with the highest level of quality, care and value.