Lake Morton Plaza - Lakeland, FL

I visited this facility a while back on my own. The location is in the center of town and on the busline--which is appealing to my mom. The room is private, but living room and kitchen is shared space which is not necessarily inviting and private enough. Also, there are other communities that provide a private apartment for comparable cost.

Becky Drehobl

Hi, Thank you for sharing your feedback. Our top priority is creating a wonderful environment and great life for our residents. We understand that you are looking for a private unit, and we have three more options that are all private accommodations. Our one bedroom standard units each offer their own balcony as well that overlook historic downtown Lakeland and beautiful Lake Morton.

Very nice staff who generously allowed us an impromptu tour. Older multi-story building in urban setting — sturdy structure, well-equipped for emergencies with backup generator power. Warm, homey atmosphere in public areas (on the ground floor). Lots of activities, and the residents seemed happy and engaged. Spacious, lovely apartments with balconies and kitchen areas. Being an older building, the hallways were on the narrow side, and there may sometimes be a bit of a wait for the elevators.

Robyn Studley

Thank you for our review. I am glad you found Lake Morton Plaza as incredible as we do. We strive to give every one of our residents a great life and we try to give both the atmosphere and activities to do so.

Very happy

Very cosmopolitan facility. Little too busy for my mother. Elevator delays seemed excessive. Beautiful views from some units.

Did A Virtual Tour

I never toured this community in person just online. But from what I saw I knew instantly that it wouldn't be a good fit for my dad. There were too many levels that he would have to contend with it looked like a regular apartment building.

Can smell the aroma of food cooking through building

There were a few things that turned us away from this community. The first being that when you stepped into the building you could smell what ever food they were cooking and that smell traveled through out the building. Second, the community was in need of refurbishing everything seemed to be dated and freshened up. The staff was friendly however mom felt that it was just a little too big for her taste.

Was not happy with the room for the cost. Looked very dirty and nasty to me

Robyn Studley

I am sorry to hear that you were not impressed with our community. We have a hard-working staff that keeps our community clean and tidy at all times. We try and create a clean enviorment that creates a welcoming enviorment for all.

Good Tour, Friendly Staff

I had a good tour of this community. Everyone was very kind, and helpful. The community looked good. From what I saw everything was clean, and nice. The staff was friendly. It was a nice experience, but I found a community that suited our needs better.

Not homey enough

When I toured this community I thought it resembled a jail.It's 11 stories high and more motel-like.They don't offer an outdoor living area or a garden. It didn't seem like a place you could call home.

Getting Adjusting, and Overall A Great Community

My mother is starting to adjust to this community. She is doing pretty well, and I'am pleased with all they have done for us. She is starting to get involved in the community with the activities they have available. This is a community I would highly recommend. The staff have been very helpful and attentive. The meals are hit and miss, but overall they do serve well balanced meals. I'am comfortable with her move to this community. I know she is safe and in good hands.

Didn't even go in!

We drove up to this community and before we could even get out my loved one said no. It was to much like the city and fast paced and that was not a big turn on for my loved ones. They want a quiet country setting.

Review of Lake Morton Plaza - Lakeland, FL

I was very impressed with Lake Mortons location. They are remodeling. The Sales Leader was very helpful.

Everybody has been great and always trying

Everybody has been great and always trying their best at the Lake Morton Plaza. The staff attends to my mother and provides her with what she needs for care. David Abner has been great during our experience with Lake Morton Plaza. Although, I can say my mother does not partake in the activities Lake Morton has to offer, but they do have a variety of things to do.

friendliness is 5+

At Lake Morton Plaza friendliness is 5+. Mom has some complicated issues and the staff are very willing to correct anything that needs correcting. They were checking her insulin too early and we mentioned it and they resolved it. The nursing staff they contract are excellent. They have really done a lot for her. Kudos to the staff at this facility. The food is good. The housekeeping is good. Anything we have experienced at this facility has either been really good or they have quickly resolved anything that hasn't.

Very friendly environment with caring between staff and residents; contact person was helpful and very pleasant; was impressed with sense of community; clean, city setting with parking perhaps a problem

A great place for Mom

The staff is always helpful. The food is excellent. The chef has home made baked goods daily plus a very healthy selection to choose from at each meal. The food is served by waiters and waitresses , mostly college students, who are very friendly and caring for the residents. It makes the residents feel like they are in a fancy restaurant. They have exercises in the morning after breakfast and activities in the afternoon, even a happy hour every Thursday. My husband and I toured several places before and found that at Lake Morton the dining room was filled with talking and laughter. The people were happy and smiling. At other places, the residents looked sad. My Mom has been here two weeks and is adjusting well and making friends which is exactly what I was hoping to find.

Excellent Facility

I am pleased we chose this place for my loved one. Seems really happy being here there is a bunch of activities and always out doing something. The staff seem to keep all the residents busy which is great, There not sitting in the room bored or anything. They take really good care of her and the clean facility.

Distance family

Hi. David at lake Morton is very friendly and kind. Our mom who lives there since our dad passed. We live in WI. He has been more than helpful getting he settled and keeping us in touch with the first few months during her transition. She must be having so much fun-it is hard to find her in her apartment. Thank you David!

happy with new home

The staff are all very nice and respond when there is anything that we have requested

Great place to be

WOW the place took us back--My sister and I brought our mom to look it over. We all were very pleased with the rooms-care-food- and service that you offered. We signed that day and mom has now been there 2 weeks and we all could not be more happy.

Staff actively concerned about residents, include frequent welfare checks

Everyone is friendly, helpful. They have good dining. They have alot of activities which my mother doesn't participate in, but they are available for the residents.
All of the people are fantastic. I really like it. People constantly ask how my mom is doing.

They offer services one can add to one's package. They offer once a week cleaning. People are there several times a week doing various things for her, so they would know if she needed help. They have to check in and out, and if she didn't go down in so long they check.

I'm quite happy with it, and I would recommend it.

The location is very convenient for us.

Visited this location and f...

Visited this location and found it too small for our needs.

Downtown high-rise location...

Downtown high-rise location near lake, with lovely views from higher floors. Found parking for visitors confusing, as it is located behind the building. Found the entrance to be dark and unwelcoming. Common areas on first floor seemed dark, drab, and uninviting. Large, well appointed accommodations. Higher floors/lake views required up-charge in costs. Non-refundable, one month's rent required--found this totally unappealing.

Pretty good!

They seem to be doing pretty good. It seems to be okay. They do a good job. My mom seems to like it a lot and she feels safe there. I know there are other places that are less. This community has activities going on all the time.

Experience urban senior living at its finest. At Lake Morton Plaza, our lifestyle is sure to make you say WOW! Located only an hour from Orlando, you’ll find everything you need to live an active, engaging and vibrant life. Close to shopping and attractions while still providing opportunities to relax and take in the scenery, there’s something fun to do each day, with the added bonus of knowing care is available if it’s needed. Come experience our inspiring lifestyle and see why we’re making seniors and their families say WOW!