Savannah Court of Lakeland - Lakeland, FL

My mom and I love Savannah Court! The staff and Administration are wonderful and very helpful. It is so clean and beautiful inside I thought I was in a spa at first. It is beautifully decorated and a beautiful courtyard with flowers and birds and squirrels. They always invite the families over for special occasions and events and the food is like a five star restaurant and one of the cooks makes the most beautiful cakes. looking forward to your next event keep up the great job!!

insects, dirty.

Unclean with insects.
My husband and I just went to visit His Uncle at Savannah Court. I was very upset to find the carpet in his room filty. when I went to look for his glasses in his bedside table all the drawers were filled with cockroaches. the basket of medical supplies were crawling with bugs. When I mentioned the situation to an attendant she confirmed the bug infestation, she mentioned that she brings her own can of insectide to work. Although she has reported the situation to administration, they have not done anything to alleviate the situation.
This is unacceptable for a home for volunerable individuals.
I hope this review can initiate a change in the upkeep of this facility.

Savannah Court is simply AMAZING!

Savannah court of Lakeland is probably the best facility you could choose for a loved one. It's not just a facility .. it feels like home! The staff is wonderful , the administration is just simply awesome! They accommodate and help your loved one settle in. The residents can even tell you how much they love it ! The staff there loves the residents like they are family! I think it's the best choice!

Kept Staff On Hand During The Storm

My dad is doing much better here than the other place he used to live. This place is very clean and well maintained. The staff is very friendly and nice. In fact, the administration kept staff on hand during the whole storm. They never lost power, however, I did lose the ability to call my dads room directly but I was able to get through to the main number to check on him.
He loves the food here much better than what he was being served at the prior community where he was. I would recommend this community

it's not what you think

When you first walk in to Savanna Court it has a warm homey feeling and very welcoming well the administration is very polite and full of information about the community. The first few days that I was there we're very comfortable and I quickly began to learn through residents and staff that living at Savanna court is not all what it's cracked up to be. I'm not sure how they got a rating of number one. Although the hallways are very clean as you walk through the the hallways you'll realize that the smell of urine is very strong that comes from the rooms they are very unclean which is sad for the elderly people that live there. Although they offer a lot of activities there really aren't any there are things like hangman which afterwhile gets pretty boring and not very stimulating for the brain they do offer other communities activities but are often canceled and scheduled something else that is not much interest to the residence and they do not participate in them. I would have to say when you're getting your references to different communities talk to people don't only talk to the administration they want you to be there talk to the people that actually live there talk to the staff some of them a very loose lipped and willing to give you any information that you need to hear. I'm glad I did because Savanna court is not the place for me.

Mom Looks forward to visiting people

My mom goes to the day care program once a week on Fridays and she loves it. The staff is extremely friendly and polite and helpful.
There is an activities calendar, however, depending on the amount of staff they may not offer actives but when they do mom enjoys them. She only goes once a week but when she is there she is able to have lunch and dinner and the food seems good.
The daycare room is extremely clean and smells good
however, the only complaint I have and I have spoken to the staff about this is the overwhelming odor of urine first thing in the morning when you walk in. The staff has told me it is from the other side where they have residents living and the furniture they have is their own personal property. The staff does what they can do manage the odor and it doesn't seem to bother my mom but for me, it's an issue.

Nice Friendly Tour

We toured this community for my loved one, and her needs. Everything went well, and our tour went well overall. From what we saw the community looked nice. The staff was nice, and friendly. The experience went well overall.

Many reasons why Savanah Court is so wonderful

I have had the pleasure of working with the staff and residents of Savanah Court Lakeland as well as the Bartow facility. Yes- I did say "the pleasure of"... They are a great group of folks! The buildings are inviting, homey, cozy and clean. The residents seem very happy, clean and content. I was also invited to stay for lunch once at the Lakeland location--- the food was delicious (shredded beef that was Devine and melted in your mouth, fresh bread and vegetables and a pear 1/2 w whipped topping). And the best part of lunch was the company! Residents invited me to join them and we all had wonderful conversation!!! I teach pottery and painting w the residents- and I have to admit I have the best job in the world! To share time, creativity and not only teach but learn from these fine people is a true pleasure. They are so proud of their work when completed! So am I...! Some folks don't even know they are so gifted and talented/ so I am very pleased to be able to facilitate that creativity. I am privileged to be a small part of the facilities! Many thanks to the staff for that chance - and the residents for requesting repeat visits! I will see everyone again soon. I can't wait! What a great place to spend the day!!!

Excellent setting for our mother. Small community fits our needs, and they are pleasant and professional people. Very nice facility.

After 2 Years, Still Happy & Thriving

My parent has been a resident of Savannah Court for more than two years. The atmosphere is very pleasant and the décor is geared towards seniors. Each resident is treated like an individual, and rather than having a "facility" life, each person is allowed to live his or her life as he or she chooses. My parent wants to live a life that one would live if living independently in a house or an apartment. Family members are not treated like visitors, and administration is very encouraging and respectful of family involvement. The health & wellness director has been there for years - this is very rare! She is very conscientious and works really hard to make sure everyone is taken care of. My parent is very happy and really loves being part of the Savannah Court community.

REDBIRD'S NEST

THERE WAS A NEED FOR A "FASTER THAN USUAL" WAY TO FIND A NEW HOME FOR MOM. SHE HAD BEEN LIVING WITH YOUNGER DAUGHTER WHO GOT TOO SICK TO CONTINUE WITH THE LIVING ARRANGEMENT. OLDER DAUGHTER GOT IN TOUCH WITH SENIORADVISOR.COM AND SPOKE WITH A WONDERFUL, KNOWLEDGEABLE AND CARING LADY WHO PUT O.D. ON THE RIGHT PATH.
I VISITED ONE OF THE LOCATIONS THAT HAD BEEN SUGGESTED AND, WHILE THE DIRECTOR WAS VERY KIND AND GAVE ME A TOUR, I KNEW RIGHT AWAY THAT THIS WAS NOT WHERE WE WANTED MOM'S NEW HOME TO BE.
ON ANOTHER DAY, I WENT TO SAVANNAH COURT AND FROM THE MOMENT THAT I WALKED THROUGH THEIR FRONT DOOR, TOOK THE TOUR AND SPOKE WITH THE DIRECTOR, I KNEW THAT I HAD BEEN LED TO THIS NEW HOME FOR MOM. SHE IS SAFE, HAPPY AND WELL CARED FOR AND WE ARE SO THANKFUL FOR SENIORADVISOR AND THE SERVICE/S THAT THEY PROVIDE. THANK YOU.

Home, Sweet Home.....

We visited every ALF in Lakeland, spoke with family members, and inquired about the various ALF reputations in the community, and concluded that Savannah Court has something different to offer. The larger, more flashy facilities came across like cruise ships (or summer camps on steroids) for seniors, offering constant activities, with a push for residents to participate in every activity. While this may be a great marketing tool, it can be deceptive. We were looking for a HOME, not a “facility” for our family member. Savannah Court allows each resident to be an individual, and accommodates individual needs and preferences. Our family member is treated with respect and dignity, and is thriving in this type of atmosphere. Savannah Court is very responsive when we need to make an adjustment to the care plan, and views family involvement positively. Our family member has been here for two years, and we have noted that they don’t kick residents out when they become inconvenient or need more care. They go the extra mile and do everything they can to help them remain in their home. The executive director, the care coordinator, and the staff take a “team effort” approach, and we really appreciate them!

Lovely Place To Live

This place is really homey and building is very elder-friendly. There is one floor and the layout goes in a square. This place is decorated very nicely and has a very peaceful atmosphere. They have a nice courtyard, and some rooms have their own door to access the courtyard. There is a nice variety of men and women, unlike some ALFs that have mostly women. Staff are friendly and get to know the residents and their families. They have monthly resident council meetings, and encourage everyone, including family to participate. There are two comfy family/living rooms, two game areas, a screened in patio, and a little snack area. Residents do not feel like they are in a big "facility", but enjoy a very home-like lifestyle. They even allow residents to have a cat or a dog if they are able to care for them. There are about 30 or so residents. This is a lovely place - the best ALF in Lakeland!

They Cater to Individual Needs and Preferences

Our family has been impressed with the fact that Savannah Court is committed to continue to care for residents even when they progress in the aging process. They do not look for an excuse to terminate someone's residency because the individual needs more help or is difficult to deal with. Unless a resident becomes very ill or it becomes unsafe for them to live there, Savannah Court makes every concession possible for them to stay. We have seen them treat difficult residents with dignity and respect in spite of what the resident may do or say. They also cater to individual needs. Many places promise this or "market" this, but in reality, it's just a gimmick to get people in the door. If food needs to be pureed, if someone is on a diet, or someone just has preferences, they are more than willing to accommodate. They allow residents and families to make their own decisions, and do not try to interfere. We appreciate the family-like atmosphere and enjoy getting to know other residents and families.

good but could be friendlier

The Savannah Court of Lakeland was just a fine facility to stay at. Overall, I think that the place is good, but the friendliness of the staff members and the care could have been a little better.

Mixed experience

I would have to say that the Savannah Court of Lakeland was just a fine facility to stay at. Overall I thought that the place was good, but the friendliness of the staff members and the care could have been better.

very clean and nice

Savannah Court of Lakeland appeared to be very clean and nice. I was able to go into some empty and available rooms they have. The staff was friendly and helpful. The price is comparable to other facilities like this. I ended up choosing not to place her here but I think it would have been a good facility. They did a good job of following up with me as well. Ashley has called a couple of times to check up with me.

A Real Home

Savannah Court is not like the stereotypical ALF. My loved one has a "home", but also enjoys the benefits that an ALF offers. SC does not use the one-size fits all approach. Residents are treated as individuals, rather than being lumped into a group. At SC, they are not like a conveyor belt that is designed for group control. They encourage family involvement and do not interfere. They do not limit visiting hours and understand that family members are caregivers, not visitors. We were looking for a home, not an ALF and we found it!! If you want a home and not a "facility", Savannah Court is the place to look.

We used this for a short respite stay.

We used this for a short respite stay. It was clean and she enjoyed it. Everyone was friendly, and they seemed to take care of her very well. They were very reasonable in price. Everything was very up front, and smooth with the billing and contracts.

Even Willing to Assist with Dietary Needs & Follow Physician's Orders

My grandpa has been living here for over 7 months and he is very happy. The atmosphere is calm, homey, and runs at a quiet pace. The staff are very good to my grandpa and treat him like a family member. They are willing to assist with such things as dietary needs and they follow his doctor's orders. The administration and staff actually encourage family involvement, and they do not resent it. They don't use marketing gimmicks to attract residents and their family members. The executive director has compassion and when she talks to a resident she stops, looks him or her in the eyes, and actually listens and cares. My grandpa had a very, very bad experience at a facility a short distance away. Savannah Court is a breath of fresh air!

We are very happy

We love it there, very happy. Honestly so glad we found it for my father. The assistant director Ashley is very caring and has found the right profession, She keeps a low key and doesn't get worked up. We are very pleased with them. The community is very clean and really pleasant place that gives a very caring atmosphere.

Valuable Information for persons needing assistance

Thank you for this opportunity. I was absolutely stunned to learn of all the great senior placement facilities available. Also learned that Savannah Court has day-care available. Thank you for this great information. I will be passing this valuable information on to others.

This placement was for my husband who suffers with dementia and it provided me an opportunity to take a little time off.

Love Savannah Court of Lakeland

My mother loves this place; she mentioned that they are very helpful, kind, and attentive. When ever she needs help they are always there for her and if I ever need anything they are always willing to help in any way. I would recommend Savannah Court to everyone.

No Way, Never

No way would I recommend them. Many bells were going off, people needed assistance and no one would come, the phones constantly rang off the hook. While my mom was in the hospital, one of the employees stole her credit cards, flat screen TV, and laptop. They went into her dresser, into her wallet and found her SS card and had her SS transferred to another bank. Shortly after that she was evicted, because while her SS was stolen, there wasn't money to pay. We were told to sell the house, this and that. Apparently they sent the eviction notice to my mother, instead of me, while she was in the hospital, so obviously she didn't get it. They called me at 4:00 and told me that she had to be out the next day. We had originally chosen them because the are 5 miles from my house, and only have 38 people. It's more of a bed and breakfast, and initially I was impressed.

Bart Palumbo

Very unfortunate circumstances surrounded your family's stay at our Lakeland community. We are disappointed you experienced anything negative during this time and know it was an exception to the usual experience of our residents and families. Best wishes -

Savannah Court, offering gracious retirement assisted living, is in Lakeland, Florida, a diverse city full of charm and southern hospitality. Located in Polk County, Lakeland is positioned perfectly in the center of the state with easy access to I-4 and conveniently located between Orlando and Tampa. The Lakeland area offers state of the art medical facilities and hospitals, shopping centers and malls, and many diverse cultural and entertainment opportunities. Lakeland offers the feel of a small town with many warm and caring residents, but also provides many opportunities for all interest. It’s the perfect town for a hospitable assisted living community!

Everyone who visits Savannah Court feels welcome the moment they enter the front door. The associates offer a feeling of warmth and charm and are always happy to greet family members and guests. As you enter the lobby you are immediately looking through sun filled windows that overlook the centrally located and enclosed courtyard that is manicured with a beautiful fountain, colorful flowers and shade trees.

There is also a screened front porch providing a view of the beautiful large oak trees that are throughout the properties landscape. The residents say the courtyard and front porch are perfect for relaxing while enjoying a cup of coffee and a favorite book!

The main dining room offers three meals per day in an elegant yet comfortable restaurant-style setting. Residents enjoy breakfast, lunch and dinner while socializing with friends and the near by ice cream parlor is a great spot to enjoy an ice cream sundae for dessert! The menus offer popular entrées with alternative choices as well. Just off the dining room is the activity center where the Activities Coordinator is always busy leading many diverse activity programs. With a variety of activities designed to engage each and every resident, the possibilities are endless at Savannah Court. There is something for everyone to enjoy. Join a morning ex