Grace Manor Suites - Lakeland, FL

Grace Manor Suites - Lakeland, FL has yet not published prices.

Really enjoy this facility. It was very clean and very home like. How ever when looking for two people to be in a room the rooms were very small.

Our Second Choice

We loved everything about this place. It was the perfect size for mom. Everyone from the staff to the residents was always smiling and everyone seemed to be happy. The inside was very well decorated nice colors and furniture through out the whole building was nice. The staff was helpful and friendly. We felt very comfortable there very homey. The only reason why we didn't choose this community was the location. They have a sister property that was closer to me and was very similar to this one so we chose that option

Big Turnover

They can't keep staff very long which includes the executive director and care manager.

Just like Family !

I would like to say that [Removed] is awesome! She was super nice and friendly to me and my loved one and went over and beyond her job. She always made us feel like we were family. My loved ones apartment was always kept clean and the dining area and food was great. The community has a garden that my loved one loves to walk around in. Also the community has lots of natural light and just bright all around.

Visited Many ALFs

I visited many ALFs in Lakeland when my family member was looking for a place. Grace Manor Suites is quite large and has three stories. It appeared clean and the décor is pretty. Private rooms are large. It definitely felt like a facility more so than a home. The halls look like a hotel. There are stairs at the end of each hall. The elevator stays full. I found the building to have a busy atmosphere and it felt kind of stressy. For the wheelchair bound, it would be hard to get downstairs in an emergency.

IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN MY FIRST STOP

Grace manor is privately owned and very well Kept! The staff is friendly as soon as you walk in the door it feels like home. After touring 5 other Alf's in the nearby area I found comfort in Grace Manor. The family advisor was wondering and all the administration staff that comes out and greet you when you arrive and always check on you through out the day. The dining room is beautiful including the court yard. Did I mention that my Mom and Dad has a suite for a really great price. I wish I would have went to Grace manor for the first stop.

Wonderful place

My mother currently lives at Grace Manor Suites. She loves it there and the staff are great!! There are always activities to keep her busy including exercising. They offer 2 meal choices at each meal along with a couple a la cart items she can choose from. They have a hairstylist there twice weekly for the residents to use and a house Doctor that comes twice a week. The place is beautifully decorated and kept very clean! Highly recommend if you are looking for an ALF for your parent.

Best in Town

I moved my mother in Grace Manor Suites 4 months ago and SHE LOVES IT. Very clean, pleasant staff . She loves meal time because she said the food is amazing. I am able to see my mom on Facebook when I'm at work and the wonderful outings that she goes on, The cheesecake Factory was one of the most recent. I would recommend Grace Manor Suites to anyone.

Check with Ombudsman and AHCA Before Choosing ALF

Staff turnover is very high and prices have increased a lot. Talk to friends and family members and ask lots of questions. This is the best way to find out the answers to your questions. Most residents gain a lot of weight when they move in. Read the reports on the Agency for Health Care Administration website. Talk to the Ombudsman.

Too much junk food and very little nutrition

Residents are not being served healthy food or given an opportunity to get sufficient exercise. They gain a significant amount of weight after moving in because this facility is constantly giving them sugary snacks. There are no options for fresh fruits or vegetables, and residents are served alot of carbs and starches at mealtimes. There is no way for residents to even be able to choose a healthy lifestyle at this place. There is no focus on being healthy or making healthy choices.

very little help with personal grooming

they don't give much help with personal grooming. they do not do things like remind them to brush their teeth or comb their hair. residents need to be self sufficient or they will be lacking. employees do not have time to assist because the staffing ratio is inadequate. they make residents do alot of activities so they can post pictures on facebook. and one other thing - the food they serve is very starchy and not veryhealthy.

Not for people with mild dementia/alzheimer's

Don't let your family member live here if they have mild dementia or early Alzheimer's because this place doesn't want to deal with the normal issues that come with the disease. After a short time you may be told your person needs a "higher level of care" & has to move out. They will want you to move them to their other facility that takes care of people with dementia & costs more.

Loving, Safe & very clean!

Clean and loving environment! I placed my grandmother at Grace Manor Suites 8 months ago. She has had the best care & they check on her every hour. This is a big deal to me because at the previous facility she was at in lakeland she fell and laid on the ground for 2 hours before someone came in to see her!!!!!!!!!! The staff goes above and beyond for their residents. You defenatly feel like family at Grace Manor Suites.

Not-Assisted Living

Took my family member out because of neglect leading to sores on the bottom. Residents that wear Depends do not get assistance changing them often enough. Sometimes the same one is left on all day long, and this is a frequent occurrence.

They Really Care

My mother resided at Grace Manor Suites for over two years. We had a wonderful experience. The staff is very caring and loved my mom. The only thing they need to change is the food choices. They do not have two choice meals. They do have alternates. They really help me take care of my mom. I would recommend this facility to anyone!

Neglectful

The needs of the residents are often neglected. The facility is short staffed and has a very high turnover. Managers are not good to their employees. Talk to family members before allowing your loved one to move in there. Ask lots of questions.

Looks Are Deceiving

Although the facility is beautifully decorated and appears to be very clean, there is a lack of integrity within the administration. The floor staff have very little training in dealing with seniors and issues related to dementia. Employees are told to cover up their mistakes on the medicine charts. This facility makes sure everything looks very nice, but underneath the charm, there is a lack of genuine care for the seniors living there. Make sure your family member is VERY high functioning, as there is a very low tolerance for any behavioral issues.