Safety Harbor Senior Living ALF - Safety Harbor, FL

I toured this community

I had a good tour the staff was nice and helpful. They answered all of my questions. It looked nice and clean.The apartments were spacious but had no kitchen. There wasn't a lot of activities going on. It had a great view of the Harbor. Just not a good fit for my mom.

Need to be closer!!

The tour went great and this community is really nice. The people are really nice and very helpful with all the questions that we had. I just did not like that the place was so far from us and we wanted mom closer.

Best of the Best

My grandmother has lived her for the past 2 years. The staff are some of the best, always open with communication and engaging the residents. My grandmother was hesitant to move into an assisted living but the Administrator made the transition extremely easy and she has been happy ever since. This is a hidden gem for Assisted Livings.

DON'T GO HERE - SAFETY HARBOR SENIOR LIVING

Write up says special care for Alzheimers patients.
There has been times they have wandered off from the facility and the aides or other residents have to bring them back in. They don't have a bracelet or anklet that says they are away from the building. They only have a coded door which they slip out of very often.

HORRIBLE PLACE

I would rate this place a -0. Notice that the positive reviews are prior to 2014. That is because there is a new management for this facility. They are horrible. There is absolutely nothing for residents. No transportation, no Nurse on staff, food is horrible. Residents never meet with management ever!! And he could care less. They raised 50 percent of the residents rent by $500 to $1200 per month!! Yes, I said per month!!! And they never improved anything for the residents. This could happen to your family. There are so many other places that offer so much more for the price they charge.

Nice looking place

The senior living has nice big open rooms their not small or anything. The food is really good and have proportionate meals. I am glad we placed my loved on in here she seems a whole lot happier. The taking ignition into each resident and spend time with them and get to know them and us family.

Wonderful community. Really attentive

great, but pricey

The lady that did the explanation and gave us the tour was great. No question about the quality friendly staff.

I do feel that the cost per square footage is a little high.

Feeling Less Stressed

My grandfather has been in SHSL for 2 months now. He adjusted very quickly. The facility is very home like and the staff is very friendly and helpful.

I do not have to worry about my grandfather because I know he is well taken care of. Not having to worry about medicine and him falling in his own home is a great relief.

Thank You SHSL.

My husband called and they ...

My husband called and they were very helpful and informative. They did say they only do respite care if they have some room and they cannot guarantee a place months in advance. We would consider this community.

Pleased

Very pleased with assistance provided to move my grandfather to facility. Only been there 3 days but could not be happier.

Wish There was Transport

We chose because of location. The building is very nice, and the food is very good. Most of the facilities said that they take everyone in a van or bus and take them somewhere once in a while, but they don't really have those facilities. It would be nice if they had some sort of transportation for the residents to doctors appointments, etc.

Our second choice

We really liked this community a lot and they are very well located. Their staff is really friendly and the community is very clean. Was our second choice and there were only two factors that separated them from the first, the location convenience for our family and they also cost more then the other community.

Beautiful apts and building...

Beautiful apts and building. Loved this place. The location is great being on main street, the residents can watch the street fair from a lovely balcony. Downside was not having their own transportation for dr appts. Also a concern is being so close to the water considering tropical storms.

Located in Safety Harbor, Florida Safety Harbor Senior Living ALF is a landmark that is newly renovated. This is a place where palm trees, ocean air, and sunny days are a part of life. This can provide a home where your loved one can relax and enjoy the senior years. Each day there is a social calendar with many things to do. Our open veranda can provide the perfect place to relax after a day of fun filled activities for our residents. All of the cooking is down home cooking where the menu is familiar to all of our residents. Meals are prepared during each service for all of the residents special dietary considerations. There are many healthy choices each day that can provide residents with choices. It is the food that many of our residents boast about. They look forward to the meals that will be prepared next. We have physicians on site, and this can provide the best medical care for all of our residents. Our doctors get to know our residents, and this can help to pick up on any changes in physical, or cognitive health much sooner. A courtesy of Safety Harbor Senior Living ALF is that we complete housekeeping tasks each day for our residents. Trash is also removed daily from all rooms, and this can keep our facility clean and pleasant for all of our residents. We strive to make living as comfortable as possible for all of our residents and their family members.