Atria Countryside - Clearwater, FL

Beautiful Site

It has been a little over a month since mom has moved in and she is doing very well. She has adapted to her new surroundings very well. The staff and the residents have made her feel welcome. She likes the staff very much they are extremely friendly and supportive. She seems to be enjoying the food.
She is enjoying some of the activities and any social hours they may have. Over all, I must say it has been a positive experience so far and I would happily recommend this place to anyone who would ask me.

My father's care

I like the care that is given to this community. The staff are outstanding and keeping me informed on his progress. We like knowing the meals are good and he is happy with the menu. They had activities that are offered to participate in. We like knowing that he is happy in a nice environment. We highly recommend the care and the value to other families for the care of a loved one.

it was okay. a little outdated but they are getting ready to do some updating. Great promotions.

We were very pleased with the pricing and room layout of this center. If it had more of an outdoor place than just the court yard, we would have made this our first choice. Lots of choices for residents for actvities and meals and outings, and full of information for us.

Excellent in almost every way

When we started looking for assisted living facilities near Palm Harbor, we reviewed and visited 8-9 different ones. Many of their features were equivalent; for example, the room sizes and amenities were similar in most cases, as were the dining facilities. We settled on our #2 choice, Horizon Bay Clearwater (now Brookdale Safety Harbor) based on 2 of our criteria - closeness to our home and cost (our #1 choice was $1000/month more expensive.)

We give very high marks to almost every aspect of Safety Harbor. The ONLY area that we felt was less than excellent was the way in which the different staff/departments coordinated with one another in cases where the resident needed non-standard attention. We give a bit of a pass here because of the ongoing merger with Brookdale. Also, the week we moved Dad in, the executive director was absent due to a training meeting, and the head nurse was out on a critical day in Dad's care - no one's fault, just the ball taking a funny bounce.

Likewise, the less than excellent rating for the activities is more of a reflection of how they fit Dad's needs than on the quality of the activities themselves or the dedication of the staff. For example, Dad, is a dedicated walker, and it is not realistic to expect the facility to accomodate his capacity for a daily 3 mile jaunt. But his needs are also not met by chair aerobics.

If Dad's future is in memory care rather than assisted living we can accept that. However, in that case we MAY have to find a facility that has more secured outdoor walking space (there are 1 or two in the area) If your loved one falls clearly within the assisted living or memory care category, you will be very happy with Brookdale Safety Harbor.

If you have futher questions, contact us at [removed]

Happy relative

My sis in law is so happy here. Doesn't want to leave. She has joined several groups and is very active. It's been wonderful

I am perfectly content with Horizon Bay.

I am perfectly content with Horizon Bay. We didn't have the welcome they usually get, but we came in a little under the radar. But we haven't had any major complaints. They are a great location, and I would place any senior there. I would highly recommend them.

My Walk Through At The Community

This community was nice and clean. It was a bigger facility and the respite care was on the top floor. I was looking for something closer and a place for my mom to easily navigate through. Everything seemed nice on the tour.

Anybody want drinks?

My loved one only stayed for a week and my loved one loved the community. The staff is always making sure that my loved one was involved and happy. The food is great and the entertainment that they provide is out of this world. I love that they offer a happy hour. That is what stood out to me. The community makes the residents feel like they are at home. It is like a 5 star hotel.

Highly Reccomended!!

Horizon Bay Clearwater has been working very well with my friend. The staff are very vigilant they make sure that he is comfortable and that his care needs are being met. The community is clean and up-kept at all times. The food is great it's tasty and very healthy the portions are very good as well. He is still having a little trouble getting adjusted to the community but overall everything has been great.

My Father's Care

My father is in great care with this community. We are very happy with the cleaniness of the room and the grounds. A wonderful staff who offer assistance for my dad. Good food is always offered to him to choose from. Activites are offer for him to stay active when he chooses. I highly recommend this community for others.

Very nice ALF,well kept.

I really like it here, everybody is so friendly and helpful. The food is mostly good, but once a while things there are things that I can't eat or don't like. To be expected, I guess.

I like the weekly cleaning, vacuuming, etc and laundry services.

The only thing I don't like is that they are charging me $137 a month for an oxygen machine. I didn't know upfront that it would be an issue. It may be resolved, however.

Overall, I would recommend it.

Short experience, but good so far

My loved one has only been here a short time, but so far our experience has been a positive one. She has settled in, and seems to be doing well here.

The little experience I've had has been great!

Other than the fact that my Dad is "cooped up and unable to go anywhere" he is doing fine. He is used to being Independent and still trying to get used to the transition but he looks good. He's gained weight and even made some friends. I haven't been there too often since I'm in another state but the times I have been there the staff has been great and keep me informed on his progress.

Slow on repairs, but staff is very nice

The managers who run the place are stellar, they are very nice. The maintenance department has trouble finding people to work though, their services are really super. It takes forever for her laundry to be clean and to respond to repairs.

Nice facility, could use more maintenance staff

The managers who run the place are stellar, they are very nice people. However, the maintenance department has trouble finding people to work, the services are really sub-par. It takes a long time for them to respond to repair requests, and the laundry service is also very slow.

Nice place

Great facility with nice apartments and lots of amenities. The place is clean and well managed and the staff is super friendly. The food could be better. The residents are always active and so nice. Nice place.

Nice place, overall

We have had somewhat of a mixed experience with Horizon Bay Clearwater. The facility itself is very nice, it's got a warm homey feel and it is always clean and well kept. They also have some very nice, very accommodating people working here. The problem we have run into is that the communication between staff members could use a lot of work, the left hand doesn't seem to know what the right hand is doing. They're always happy to help with any requests, but sometimes you really have to stay on top of them and ask multiple times before something will get done.

Nice enough place

I think Horizon Bay is a nice place overall, but there are also a few ways I think they could improve. The facility itself is well kept and clean, and the staff have all been friendly. However, for the price the apartments are a little small. I also believe they're a little too involved in the day to day lives of the residents. I'm not, nor is my loved one, entirely comfortable with things like scheduled wake-up times and bed times. They also tend to implement these sorts of things without consulting the the family first. But overall it is a nice enough place.

Review of Horizon Bay Clearwater Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Clearwater, FL

about 7 min. drive from Oldmar so that appeals... lovely outdoor courtyard... but not nearly as beautiful as on the water!

Horizon Bay is wonderful

Very friendly staff. Great location. The place is so nice and clean. Extended dinning times and choices. Price met our budget. Great 1 bedroom apartment with kitchenette available. Love the staff!

A Good Place for Mom

This is about the memory care portion, also know as Clairebridge.
When my mother needed memory care I first encountered Clairebridge in Gainesville, FL, I like the unit there (all memory care in a stand alone building). I liked the facility and staff better than the next available national company, Emiritus. But following discussion we determined it would be more advantageous to be closer to my residence, so we investigated Clairebridge at Horizon Bay (Clearwater, FL). Here too I was impressed by the dedication and quality of the staff. The facility is clean, safe and well run. I feel that my mother gets the attention and services she needs while the staff is courteous and respectful. At Horizon Bay the memory care unit is only 20 rooms in one wing of the building on the ground floor. They have their own eating area, as well as an outside garden area easily accessed.

Living Everyday at Horizon Bay

I have been a resident for 3 years. This is my home now and I'm very happy and comfortable.
I have many friends and we try to participate in as many activities as possible. The activities are to my liking; there are many ways to keep busy. As a matter of fact, I'm the Vice President of the Residents Council, which I enjoy! The council's job is to find new ways to improve our everyday living.
I have the support of my son and daughter who live nearby so I feel more fortunate than some other residents, but Horizon Bay tries hard to accommodate everyone's needs. The Horizon Bay facility is just one part of the much larger Brookdale community but it still manages to feel like a cozy home.

Too Large

Larger facility - it's a large apartment style complex. Didn't have the right feel for what we were looking for. Just too large but the lady was very nice, and the building was nice. Everyone has their own idea of what they want when they go looking, and this was just too large for us.

they wouldn't work with our price con...

they wouldn't work with our price constraints...didn't even want to show it to me

“The passion our team has for our community is clearly reflected in the care our residents receive.” Horizon Bay Vibrant Retirement Living is conveniently located in the Countryside area of Clearwater, Fla. It is within minutes of state-of the art medical care, shopping and entertainment. Horizon Bay offers options for independent living, assisted living and memory care. Residents can choose from four different floor plans, each with beautiful views.

Residents congregate in the spacious lobby, catch some fresh air in the courtyard or relax with a good book in the library. Residents continue their stories at Horizon Bay by enjoying an easy, comfortable life. From group outings, to painting to just sipping coffee in our French café, there is something for everyone. Enjoy a snack with friends, catch a movie in the theater and enjoy delicious, restaurant-style meals with our popular open dining program. There are exercise classes, social hours and group outings for shopping and entertainment. And you won’t have to worry about home maintenance or chores. Our staff takes care of all that for you, leaving you time to pursue your interests.

Our Individualized Care Services (I-Care) offer a helping hand to residents who need assistance with activities of daily living or memory care. Memory Care has new life stations and a dedicated and specially trained staff. Our custom programs provide compassionate care and meaningful interaction. Our staff is committed to helping those with memory loss maintain their independence and dignity for as long as possible.

Call today to arrange a visit, and experience for yourself the meaningful lifestyle our residents enjoy every day.