Brookdale Clearwater - Clearwater, FL

Brookdale Clearwater - Clearwater, FL has yet not published prices.

Clean. Companion rooms are a bit bigger than in other facilities I've toured. [Name removed] was well-prepared for my appointment and answered all questions. The residents knew him and he knew them. Warm, caring, friendly atmosphere. Outdoor garden area/large grassy patio area.

First place we his - the bar has been raised high. Love the rooms and options. Staff friendly and on first name basis with residents. Love the fact that family can spend the night. They also have activities that include family members. Can bring your dog to visit. They have a small kitchen and can cook their own meals in their room.

Breeze was fabulous and the facility was nice but we were looking for a homier feeling place. Clearwater seemed more institutional.

My husband and I thought the place was fantastic.

Being Remolded

The community is in the process of a huge remodel so once completed everything will be new and very nice. However, I thought that it wouldn't be a good fit for my in laws because of the remodel it is noisy and there is just too much chaos going on. The staff was friendly and nice.

I took a tour!

Brookdale Clearwater was much more Assisted Living than anything. My mother was looking for something more independent. Other than that, Brookdale was nice and the person that took us around was friendly and informative, it was just not what we were looking for.

They take a trip every week!!

Mom is in the memory care area of this community. She likes the food. She says the staff are friendly and helpful to her. I have had some issues with communication & feel they need to work on the phone system as it is difficult to reach my mom on the weekends. Overall everyone is very caring & have made my mom very welcomed & comfortable.

A New Lease on Life

My parents have been at this facility for one week and are so happy. They originally placed themselves in an ALF which turned out to be dirty, roach infested, unsafe and no nursing supervision which made them depressed. Now at Brookdale Clearwater they have a beautiful one bedroom unit. The staff is extremely friendly, helpful and concerned about the well being of each of their residents. My parents love it there and are no longer saying they have been on this Earth too long. We found Brookdale Clearwater with the assistance from the organization A Place for Mom. My brother and I are happy they are in this wonderful place that is clean and safe.

Nice place, friendly people, but also room for improvement

Overall our experience with Brookdale Clearwater has been a good one, but there are a few things I'd like to see them improve as well. It's a nice looking place, and the people here are very very friendly! However, I do think they feel a little understaffed, at least in the memory care section. The staff try to be as attentive as possible, but there are still things they miss. I also think they need to clean the individual rooms a bit more frequently, my loved one has run out of bathroom supplies more than once. But overall it is a nice place, and I think they do a good job taking care of the residents.

It's been very good. She is doing very well there.

It's been very good. She is doing very well there. They keep them occupied, the meals are good. The facility seems clean, and they do the laundry once a week. They have been quick to get back to me. I would highly recommend them. I would give them fives all the way across the board.

Satisfied thus far with our decision

Picked this Brookdale because of the multiple options on dinner menu, overall value and residents we talked to seemed happy. Pleased so far but a few loose ends. First, they need a welcome packet with FAQs. Seems pretty simple. Can be confusing to figure out the ropes. They changed the business person and it took some effort to get the billing straight. They were helpful in figuring it all out. Food has been good. Love the in house beauty shop. Have not had to use nurses. Satisfied.

Do not use this facility unless you are an independent person

Advise only go to this facility if you are independent or need skilled care. If your loved one is inbetween, this is not the place for your loved one. My mother did not get the professional care that was promised. I had to remind several times about cleaning her room, doing her laundry. The labs requested by mom's pcp were mot processed correctly or lost, the results not being at PCP were not processed correctly or lost, the results not being at PCP for appts. The floors only have 3 techs for 200 people, too many patients to handle unless patients ar eindependent. Mom went 5 days without toilet paper, meds were given incorrectly, and when asked the list was given. However, the amount given blacked out. PCP ordered in house rehab, med person in charge changed to outside, staff had mixed up meds, told me her staff could not take care any longer. If you want to keep reminding staff to do the job you have hired them to do, and monitor all is being done as promised, otherwise, do NOT use this facility.

Very Efficient

One thing they did real well was that I fell and hit my head and the emergency team had to send me to the hospital and everything was just taken care of very efficiently by the staff at Brookdale.

My mother is very ambulatory and independent; this place had more of a nursing home feel than I'd expected. It was the first place that we visited in our search. Walking in it had the feel of a large hotel lobby, dining room and garden area was beautiful, but the activity room was a not as well kept up. The private room was spacious and pricing was affordable compared to some other places we toured.

Brookdale Senior Living

We appreciate you taking the time share your feedback. We will share your feedback with our management team.

A great place for mom.

The Brookdale Clearwater is a great place for mom. She seems to be very happy there. Her needs are being met. I appreciate the friendly staff. The inside of the facility is really clean. The value is excellent. My mom is well taken care of. I would recommend the Brookdale Clearwater. It's a really nice community. I can't rate the activities because my mom doesn't participate in them. It is not applicable.

Stay away from Brookdale

I would never put my elderly parent in this place. We were told that this was a wonderful place and that mom would be taken care of. They lied the whole way and now we regret our decision. They take your money and that is about the only thing they do.

Not a good place for Memory Care

The memory care floor is awful. Not for people that need little care. Staff friendly. But a scarey place for someone that has Dementia and only needs to be in a Secure area.
She was afraid to go out of her room because the women wandering up and down the hall that kept trying to take her clothes or in her room. They locked up all of her toilet articles. Patients taking their clothes off and wandering around. Charging a month ahead of time. We were over charged for both months there and still have not received the refund owed. The company has no problem holding on to her money, and no thought that she needs that to pay for bills. Some consideration should be taken when they keep buying up all of the contracts of these Assisted Living Locations. Brookdale is not a company I wish to deal with ever again.

Brookdale Senior Living

We are sorry to hear that your experience with us didn't meeting you and your loved one’s expectations. We would be happy to look into your account status, hope you will call us at [removed].

Problems with staff and service

So far I'd say things here have been pretty mediocre. It's a nice enough looking facility, but we've had some problems with the staff and service. The response time from the aides can be very very slow. They also seem unorganized, often they say they will get back to you and then never do, or have to be reminded of tasks they are supposed to perform.

Sid said this place was a d...

Sid said this place was a dump. Dirty. People smoking right at the front entrance.

It's been really good.

It's been really good. They had the best value, the rooms were larger. We liked that the whole place is good size for socializing. We also liked that it was a rental place without a huge buy-in.

Depressing experience

I found this very depressing as did my friend that accompanied me. Everyone I saw needed full-time assistance. Met one resident that I could understand. She was limited due to hip surgery staying until she could manage alone; hated it. There was not any resident she met that was capable of carrying on a discussion. This would be good for those in need of a great amount of assistance. I was looking for independent living which they advertise, since I like activity. This definitely ran very short of their advertisements.

An amazing answer to our prayers

Greetings to all,
One of the most important decision for any family, is to decide to relocate their elder to either an assisted living, memory care or independent living home.

After praying for a solution, my prayers were answered. I was guided to "A Place for your Mom"! This is a free service that helps families to guide them on their relocation search.

They give you options of numerous professional places that have been inspected and rated according to Florida State laws, as well as your desired location and budget.

I had an amazing experience with a beyond helpful professional and personable woman named Miriam.
She helped me to find the perfect new home for the family that I am currently care giving for.

We will be moving in July, next month! Emeritus here we come!! Great place with a very sensitive caring staff.
Thank you isn't even enough words for my appreciation to Miriam.

no!!! I have see patients i...

no!!! I have see patients in this place and would never live there, not even one day.

Sam Pollock

We would like to respond to your review, however, we do not have enough information. We would like to hear more regarding your experience with us at Clearwater and invite you to contact our community management team.

more staff would be good

I think for the memory care sections – there are two sections – but from the memory care they would benefit from more staff. There is plenty of parking. The food is good. The residents even get seconds sometimes.

What happened

When my loved one had been living on her own with homecare – she was able to walk. She was at Emeritus for about two days when she fell – when she fell – I believe she broke her hip and she never walked again on her own. It became increasingly clear that she was in pain. After about 3 weeks, she fell out of bed and they took her to the hospital. They were nice people there, but not very well trained.

Sam Pollock

We assure you that we work diligently to provide the highest quality of care for our seniors, and their health and safety are our top priorities. Our records show that your loved one had two suspected falls, and for both we sent her to the Emergency Room. Both the resident’s family and physician were notified both times, and the resident returned with no injuries and no new orders from the doctor. Your loved one continued to participate in the activities in the community, and we have no other incidents on file. If you have any further concerns regarding your experience, we invite you to reach out to our community management team.

Perfection Everything as Promised

This home met our needs perfectly and we are very happy . I has everything it promised and web site pictures are accurate.

Very friendly staff!

The staff here are amazing! They take great care of my loved one, they're very friendly, and they've been very prompt in taking care of any issues I've brought up with them. In addition, they've provided me with all kinds of useful information and assistance with programs my loved one qualifies for.
The facility itself is well kept and clean, looks very nice, and seems like a great place to live!

Very nice community!

We feel like we really lucked out when we found this place! It may not look as fancy as some of the others in the area, but it does look very nice and the rates are good! And the staff members I have met have been incredible, patient, calm, and friendly! The residents here really look like they're thriving. They communicate their needs to the caregivers and the caregivers listen to them and act on their requests, which is so important.
We really haven't had any complaints, they are definitely worth a look!

Too few staff and poorly trained as well

We entered our mother into the Memory and Alzheimer's
unit when it became too much for the in home care-givers we had been using. At that time she could walk (using a walker) and go to the bathroom independently.
After three weeks she is now in the hospital with a broken hip and suffering dehydration. We believe the hip was broken by the third day and no one recognized it until she was finally sent to the emergency room.
Cleaning out her room today (a week later), I noticed many signs of neglect and carelessness; moreover, many of her clothes seem to have been lost in the laundry, despite being labeled. Needless to say, we cancelled the contract. She is now destined for several months of rehab; after that, we will
see what happens.

Sam Pollock

We are sorry to hear that you and your mother’s experience with us didn’t meet your expectations. Your experience is not typical, as evidenced by the other reviews here. We assure you that we work diligently to provide the highest quality of care for our seniors, and their health and safety are our top priorities. As we mentioned in another response, our records show that your mother had two suspected falls, and for both we sent the resident to the Emergency Room. Both the resident’s family and physician were notified both times, and the resident returned with no injuries and no new orders from the doctor. Your mother continued to participate in the activities in the community, and we have no other incidents on file. We invite you to reach out to our community management team to have any additional concerns addressed, or you can also reach out to our Ethics First Program at www.emeritus.com/ethics.

Our family committed to yours!

"Our family is committed to yours" is the motto of Emeritus of Clearwater and I found that to be true from the moment I first entered this ALF. The atmosphere is bright and cheery and everyone on staff and the residents were warm and friendly. Nicki took me to the model units I was considering for my Mom and sat and talked with me asking about my Mom and her interests and needs. Sitting there in each unit gave me a chance to visualize her living in an apartment there. When I took my Mom to see the units Nikki asked her what she was looking for in her community. I moved my Mom in earlier this week and she just loves it!

Visited today. Very nice. W...

Visited today. Very nice. Would meet current needs plus has Memory Care unit. Would consider it a strong possibility. Cost a little higher than I would like for care level $500 per month plus monthly room and board which is not bad for size of apts.

Nice pleasant friendly

when my mom first entered Emeritus she was on the first floor in her own 1 bedroom apt. It was spacious and very clean. The staff were so very nice. The entrance is always decorated beautifully. There is a spacious dining room, a wonderful hair dresser/salon, an activities room, a big TV room, and an ice cream social room you can use to eat in or visit in. There is always coffee on as well as tea and ice water available all day. The atmosphere is so bright and cheery I love it. However my mom had a stroke and fell and dislocated her shoulder the wonderful caretakers found my mom and called 911. When mom came back the care takers thought she didnt look well and sent her back to the hospital. I am so glad they did. My mom had changed. she now was no longer able to care for herself in her apartment and can not walk on her own and cant take care of her hygiene needs. Emeritus was able to move her upstairs to the memory unit. I am unfortunately not entirely happy with the 4th floor. The staff up there just seem to be going through the motions. Very few seem enthusiastic, Those residents that are in wheel chairs seem to be kept in the tv area where they can be watched better, but they just sit. Her care has not been as good as the first floor. I noticed her room was tidy but not getting vacuumed, bathroom toilet wasn't clean, laundry sitting for 2 weeks and mom ran out of clothes, and she needed a shower. I was sitting in the dining room alone with my mom when housekeeping mopped the floor while it was still covered with scrambled eggs and sausage, I cleaned my moms bathroom and put warm blankets on her bed and gave her a shower and talked to the manager on duty. I will check back every week to see if it improves but Im sorry to say I wouldn't highly recommend the Memory Care Floor. If it wasn't for this I would have given Emeritus 5 stars on every category.

Sam Pollock

We are sorry to hear that you and your loved one’s experience with us at Clearwater is no longer meeting your expectations. Our records show that your initial concerns regarding our Memory Care Neighborhood were immediately addressed by our Memory Care Director when you brought them to her attention. We are troubled by your comments regarding your mother’s care and the cleanliness of her room, and would like to hear more about this from you. We invite you to reach out to our community management team with these and any additional concerns you may have regarding your mother’s care.

Lots Going On!

The cost is still high, but one one of the less expensive places. She is in independent living, and they clean and do laundry, and take her to the store. She gets three meals a day, and the food is probably a 4. There are good days and bad days. I think that they could try and have better quality of food; less salt, less sugar, things like that. Otherwise, what got me was the kindness of the staff and how they greeted everyone, and how clean it was. There's no stink, it didn't smell of old people. I wanted a place that had a lot of people because my mom doesn't know anyone here and I wanted her to be able to make friends, which she has! There is plenty of stuff going on.

Great Activities!

My dad loves the activities! He's constantly talking about them. Everything from games to volleyball, and physical activities within the residency, but they also do trips, go to baseball game, dinner, movies, etc. The location is great, it is nice because it is not completely desolated but on a low traffic road so I don't have any fear about major traffic or anything. My dad seems to like the food, and he has gained weight! It's the best in terms of balancing affordability and quality of care.

Gross

It was a rat home. Not sure if it was actually infested, but it very well may have been. Not a good place.

A good place for the money.

A good place for the money.

Wonderful Community

Very pleased with them. They do a wonderful job. Particularly in the memory care unit where you have residents that make mistakes, they really care about the residents and take an active interest. If there is ever a problem, they resolve the issue right away. We had such a tough time because she didn't want to move, and they did a marvelous job befriending her and giving her a level of comfort. We have a locked rate, so the cost won't increase with the level of care. Activities are the top reasons that we brought her there. They have memory care on the 4th floor and the other three floors are move active adult living, but they do a great job allowing her to participate; she walks on beach, goes to happy hour, goes shopping, and I like that they keep them very engaged.

Best Room for the Price

We are doing independent living, so we don't have all the assisted stuff. She doesn't like the food, she says it's very bland and not very good. For positive feedback, I love the set up, she has a really big room. It's by far the best facility as far as the amount of space for the price. She has her own apartment with a kitchen. They do activities, but I don't know what my mom participates in. I don't think that the residents are very involved. It seems like there are only a few people who do the activities, and it would be nice to have someone to really dig and try and get everyone to participate.

Emeritus at Clearwater

After researching about 20 facilities through the help of 'A Place for Mom' out of Miami, I toured about 5 facilities in the Tampa/Clearwater area for my 85 y/o mother who suffers from dementia. I decided on Emeritus of Clearwater primarily because of the staff, who seemed very attentive and caring w the residents of both the assists living areas and the dementia floor of this facially.

This facility is clean and well staffed with friendly workers but I have to say caring for the demented residents even on the lock-down floor is evidently challenging. Residents w impaired memory have trouble w daily routine and require assistance w even menial activities we all take for granted, like dressing and brushing teeth each day. And the staff seem happy to assist.

My mother had a bit of a rough start, walking into the wrong rooms and dressing herself in the wrong clothes for the time of day, not finding the bathroom when she looked for it........ and I am sure everyone has their phase of adjustment. So I hope the Emeritus staff and my mother will all adjust their expectations and work with one another towards a more harmonious co-existence. It is especially difficult for me t monitor my mother's care as I reside in the north and Mom is in Florida. So I need to have open communication with the staff and hope for the best. One thing is for sure, mom is much safer at Emeritus, eating better balanced meals, taking her meds in a more regimented manner, and ambulating more than she was at home in her two story town home where risk of injury was high.

I hope Mom will adjust soon and perhaps partake in more group activities since she was first admitted less then weeks ago.

My thanks to "A Place For Mom' for all their assistance. I couldn't have found an appropriate residence for Mom without them.

I guess the food is pretty good from ...

I guess the food is pretty good from what I hear. We chose this place because of the staff. I think my sister likes it okay.

My mom did not like this pl...

My mom did not like this place at all. She found it to be subpar. This one was worse.

Jeff Yeager

Hi there,

Thank you for your feedback. We have recently undergone a renovation to improve the facilities and add to the cleanliness. We are also the lowest priced community in the area and plan a fun activities calendar on a daily basis. We would be happy to address any specific concerns you have. Please feel free to contact our staff. Thank you again.

Wonderful community. Outsi...

Wonderful community. Outside of budget for single room which is preferred - shared MIGHT work. Clean, friendly , great location. Had all the amenities some of which Mom doesn't have now. Requires a 'deposit' - not expecting that. Got to talk with a resident who loves it. Plenty of activities.

OUTSTANDING!!

Everything is outstanding! The people, service and food are all outrageously good. The service is a lot better than what we were expecting. Everyone makes it a point to introduce them-selves so you know who they are. The price was right. They have so much stuff to do; she is always staying busy with something going on every minuet. On top of all that it has a great location it’s only one mile away from her grandson and her friends so she is always having people come to visit her as well. They have a nice outdoor pagoda where people can sit and relax in the shade. We made a good choice in choosing the “Emeritus at Clearwater”.

might be good for later. Shared suite...

might be good for later. Shared suite is 2 beds side by side in a studio apt. which normally rents for 2800. but with 2 people each must pay 2015. that's quite some profit.

Our peaceful setting, restaurant style dining experience, activities and beautiful setting combine to create a wonderful living environment every day. Our genuine caring staff, home style meals, daily activities add to our residents' experience. They will tell you they appreciate all the options while living at an Brookdale Senior Living community.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.

Amenities and Services
• Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
• Medication management
• Dining assistance and special diets
• Assistance with reminders and redirection
• Escorts and assistance with walking
• Emergency response call system