The Preserve at Clearwater - Clearwater, FL

Ralph Gotshall

The Perserve at Clearwater is one of the most up to date design buildings to meet all of the needs of its residents. It is spacious, bright, clean and can withstand a hurricane five. It has nurses and care 24/7.
The staff is caring even when you are not around. Not only do they have an Assisted Living but they also have a fully staffed Memory Care facility. The Staff have social hours for the residents and entertainment brought in for sing a longs. Sunday afternoon is always a big treat its 'Ice Cream Sunday day'.
If a resident needs to be taken to a doctor or to the VA arrangements can be made with the front desk for them to be taken.
When my dad was dying, the Director who took a liking to him spent time with him playing soft music and rubbing his hand, to this shows the quality of people/staff the Perserve has, very touching.
My mother was there for 3 years and my dad for 5 years.

I toured this community

I went on a tour here and the staff was really nice and helpful. They answered all of my questions. It was nice and clean. It had a nice courtyard area. The residents were up and active. This was my second choice, It is important to me that there is a front desk person and they didn't have one here.

Adam Kaplan

Thank you very much for your feedback. We are pleased that overall you had a positive experience. We take tremendous pride in recruiting and retaining high quality staff as well as maintaining the cleanliness of the community. We are disappointed that you didn't meet our front desk staff during your visit. The front desk is staffed from 7 AM - 9 PM 7/days per week. Please do not hesitate to reach out to Amanda San Marco, Sales and Marketing Director at [removed] if we can be of further assistance.

We are very happy

The staff at this community are attentive and hands on with the residents. The food is good and they offer a tone of daily activities. The community is clean and up to date. I would highly recommend this community.

Overpriced and poor customer service

Staff turnover is a problem. They are disorganized and poor customer service. You can ask for specific help with something and not get it. They don't clean the residents rooms very well and lose the residents personal items, like clothes and towels. People are poorly trained and so they can't keep anyone very long. Incompetent employees.

I removed my parent from here and do not recommend this facility

My parent has Alzheimer's and was stayed in the memory care facility here for a little over a year. I looked into many facilities and this one stood out from the others. However after time, the level of care declined to where I was concerned for my parent. I can not say for certain what the cause was however I can tell you that I am not impressed with the new director that took over in 2014. I spoke with her to give her a chance to address some of my concerns with my parents's care and she suggested I give her two weeks to resolve them and she would follow up with me. That time and more passed and nothing changed and she never got back to me. It was not until weeks later when I gave notice he was leaving, she was very responsive. There are some great people working there. The activities director is spectacular. Many of the nursing assistants are incredible, however there seems to be some favoritism under the nurse manager and staff is encouraged to be neglectful and lazy if you are in inner circle of hers so that work is easier for them. Ironically, it is the nursing assistants outside the head nurse's inner circle that truly care about and take care of the residents. Some of the concerns I had were that they would not do things unless I asked, such as trimming nails that were close to becoming infected, shaving, showers where rarely given and often it was obvious that my parent had been in the same clothes for multiple days. Stains and messes in the apt floor were never mopped. This facility is new and they have a great customer facing marketing team. However this facility is all looks and no better and perhaps worse than many others and costs much more. In summary, I feel it would be dangerous to leave a loved one under the care of this facility unless you make frequent visits and constantly request and remind these people to do their job.

really like it

I really like Inn on the Pond. The people there are super nice and we have been very pleased with the experience.

Great Facility and People

This is a wonderful facility. The people, particularly the Marketing Director, Lois Miller, are top notch

This is a wonderful resource

A Place for Mom is a wonderful resource. I ran into a few problems along the way and my advisor Mary dug in and found the information and solutions I needed. My mother is now in a wonderful ALC. I recommend A Place for Mom to everyone.

Excellent

I’m very pleased with them. I’d give the friendliness a six. They are very caring and there is an excellent quality to the staff. Food was excellent! They are extremely well planned. Its very new. The way the neighborhoods are laid out is very good for the elderly. There are no long halls.

has a yiddish experience

new community, very nice grounds, interior is beautiful. good choice of apartments.
this community is one of the few places that offers Kosher food.has Friday night services. should check this one out.

The caregivers are wonderful, the director is not so friendly in my experience.

The caregivers are wonderful, the director is not so friendly in my experience. The director is not real warm and friendly. Some of the staff has left since the new director has come on. The administration have really been the only ones we have had a problem with. I have seen a lack of professionalism with the administration on occaision. We had some rough spots in the beginning. I would still like to see showers happen more frequently. One important thing I recently learned, is they don't do a monthly weigh in, and nobody knew where the scale was, and their alternative option was to do a personal trainer at 40 dollars for 30 minutes. They have a friday bus ride, that we really love. It's a smaller community.

The Preserve at Clearwater is an elegant, assisted living and memory care community located in Clearwater, Florida (just south of Dunedin, Florida and Palm Harbor, Florida) that offers quality, comprehensive care in a welcoming environment. With a strong commitment to maintaining the independence and dignity of our residents, our professionally trained staff provides our residents with supportive care and exceptional services so that they can benefit from an enjoyable and fulfilling lifestyle.Situated on a large pond that is bordered by a permanent nature preserve and surrounded by large oak trees and serene gardens, The Preserve at Clearwater provides a truly picturesque living environment.