Brookdale Countryside - Clearwater, FL

Care and options

The tour at this community is very nice. We like the staff which is nice and caring. The dining area was nice, but we did not have a meal. The residents seem happy with the care that they are rceiving. We liked this community, but we wanted a location that was closer to home. We would recommend that other families tour this community for the care of a loved one.

New Resident

Brookdale had a few hiccups with my mom being a new resident. But I hope with time these are fully resolved.

Nice place. I like that memory care is on ground floor. There is an outside area that they wander in and be safe.

We visited with my parents who really liked the community. [Removed] was great and the staff very engaging. Had a full tour and felt very comfortable and safe. Unfortunately they do not actually have 1 bedroom units, just a larger studio room. We needed a 1 bedroom an so unfortunately could not commit to this community.

Good, but the food needs much improvement .

I Would Recommend This Community

So far everything is working out well since my aunt's move to this community. It is a nice place, and I'am satisfied with her move here. She is safe and being cared for very well. The layout is very nice, and they do a good job with the cleanliness of the facility. It has been a good experience, and I would recommend this facility.

Mom's Respite Visit

My mom was here for 2 weeks for a respite stay. As far as I know she liked the meals that was made. They had outings and activities available but she did not go. The staff kept her safe and provided care that she needed. There were no problems and everything went well. I would probably use them again.

Great Service

I was able to take a tour of this community and it is very lovely. The staff is awesome and seem very caring about there residents. The place just did not give me the same feeling as some of the other communities. I would recommend them to other families.

Excellent Care

This is an excellent community for my mom.She is very happy here and likes the food and the excellent staff members. Wonderful activities are available to her. We would highly recommend care for other families.

Toured, seemed like a nice place

We toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. I thought Brookdale Countryside was a very nice looking place. It had a very upscale, social feel to it. The employees I met all seemed friendly and professional. However, I don't think it was quite the right fit for what my loved one was needing at the time.

A very pleasant place!

Everything is fine with my uncle since moving to Brookdale Countryside. He is adjusting nicely. I do not really have any complaints. He has had his eyes and ears checked sinc ebeing there and a hair cut as well. It is expensive but so is everywhere else. We visit him at least four times a week. Being close by was one of the deciding factors for us. It is a very pleasant place, not like a nursing home, it doesn't feel depressing. There are a lot of activities he can join in on when he chooses. And when he doesn't, the staff goes to check on him and make sure that he is okay. They do provide three meals a day which he says is a bit much for him, so he sometimes only goes for two meals. They do also have apples and other fruit to eat if the residents do not want a full meal. The meal sizes are a good portion and tasty. It is also close to the hospital in case that should be needed.

New resident

Dad has been there only a month. So far, so good.

Food Is Poor

I think that they are great. it has been a very positive experience. The staff has been tremendous. The negatives are the food though. It is not up to my standards at all. As far as the care, I think that there are certain staff members that could do better about keeping the patients tended to, cleanliness-wise and that sort of thing. The big thing is the food though

Brookdale Clearwater

Our first impression we were pleased with how the place looked. We also liked the friendliness of the residents and some of the staff members. We received pricing for the room, meals, transportation, electric, water and cable but we did not discuss care giving prices. Because my parents are applying for VA benefits they were required to use at least 2 of the services at the facility. I did have to meet more than once with the head of the nursing department. I also had to meet more than once with Amy in the business office to have the incentive for moving into Brookdale Clearwater deducted from my parents bill. At this time I am noticing that a lot of changes in staffing is occurring which I hope will improve the dining experience, as well as, transportation services. There are great people working there such as Rita at the front desk. She is phenomenal and makes sure that things are getting done. There are also a couple of resident aides, Ceelee, Chantelle and Yanis. Helen is in housekeeping and she is a sweetheart. The new hire for the business office, Stephen is good too. My other favourite people are Caroline, because of her positive attitude and Lorraine in the beauty shop. My Mom gets a big kick out of her server, Leonora, in the dining room. My Dad just would like his food hot. The place is well kept. My only suggestion would be that when you talk with someone that they should write it down so they can remember to get done what you are asking them to do. We walked in the garden this week and the covered area needs a really good cleaning. And I wish we did not have to get out there through the smoking area.

Personnel Improvements

They can improve on their communication, they told us one thing and it wound up being another thing. Then my aunt told me they have a shortage of cleaning ladies to clean the room. I like the place and my aunt likes the place, but personnel I was not happy with.

Found my mom wet many times.
Left in her room, missing meals
Sitting in her room alone wet.
Dirty diapers let on table and floor.
Staff turn over heavy.
Fired anyone with experience and hired kids that were not trained when they were used.
This is only for independent living and they will run you off if you get past that point.
To the point of sharing medical info they are not suppose release. In my case they released info that was wrong and made it harder to move because of the bad information.
This place is run poorly!

right at home

We have had a very good experience with Brookdale Countryside. They worked with us very well to get our loved one moved in as quickly as possible. She was made to feel very welcome. The activities director especially has done a great job to make her feel right at home. I can't think of anything they could have done better. It has been an adjustment but they have accommodated us very well and have been extremely friendly and helpful.

A great experience for dad

Everyone that we came into contact with was friendly, receptive, helpful and professional.

highly recommend

Very impressed and relieved; the staff is super. Memory care unit so pretty pricy but it's the best palce for my wife.

My wife is now 14 months in Freedom I...

My wife is now 14 months in Freedom Inn. I believe that she has gotten excellent care and I have recommended Freedom inn to several parties looking for a
Home For Mom.

Very Happy

There are a lot of activities, which is really important. It’s very clean! The staff is very knowledge and friendly. There is a nurse on hand twenty-four hours a day. It’s a great place. It’s a really good value you for the money.

My mom attended two weeks of respit c...

My mom attended two weeks of respit care. Unfortunately it was not the success we hoped for. She contracted scabies. She also complained about the food. We decided on another assisted living instead. Hopefully we will have better luck there.

It's a very good community.

They do have activities but they could get some additional things. They do go on a lot of outings, but a lot of the residents have dementia, so having some acitivites more geared toward those that can't really play a board game. The food is pretty good, but they eat a lot of sandwiches. The chef will cook them anything they want, but the waitstaff will come in and just give them a sandwich instead of asking if they would like something different. It would just be nice if they would ask once in a while. They have a hairstylist, a private lady, which is nice, and when we go I take my mom and pay cash. It would be nice if there was a way to make sure that my mom isn't going and having her hair done all the time, though, because I got a bill that I wasn't expecting, and because she has dementia, she can't keep track.

Great Staff

They have been really good! Actually, the food is something though - he complains that it is either chicken or fish, chicken or fish. There's not a lot of variety. The staff is just awesome. They all know my dad, they are wonderful. He is in assisted living and he has his own apartment with a kitchenette. We pretty much knew as soon as we say Freedom Inn that we would choose it.

Freedom Inn at Countryside provides our residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale’s signature Personalized Assisted Living we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each assisted living and Alzheimer’s care resident the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents at enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the proper lifestyle and care accommodations as their needs change.

We promise Respect for Individual Preferences and offer personalized care needs in an atmosphere that encourages each resident to live in health and longevity. Our residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate assisted living and Alzheimer’s care accommodations as those needs change.

Our Clare Bridge Place program serves those with Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia. Each day, we promise to work to deliver Daily Moments of Success for each resident. The Clare Bridge Daily Path provides structure and activities each day designed to meet specific needs of those with dementia, while the Clare Bridge Dining Program, designed by a gerontologist and registered dietitian, helps residents in need of Alzheimer’s care retain the ability to enjoy and master the daily dining experience.