Brookdale Beckett Lake - Clearwater, FL

Brookdale Beckett Lake - Clearwater, FL has yet not published prices.

A great place!

My wife and I have lived at Beckett Lake for 9 months, she in Memory Care and I in A.L. Compared with the other facilities we have experienced, this is IDEAL. The Staff is very caring and compassionate. Nursing is on hand whenever needed. Food is very adequate and quite diversified. The facility itself is beautiful, clean and well cared-for. Staff is responsive, even to "difficult" Residents.

A tour for care

We toured this community for care. We were not happy that the community needed improvements in the cleaning area. The residents did not seem happy with the enviroment. They have alot of activiites that are offered. We were not able to see a menu of the meals that are offered. We would suggest that other families tour this community

Impressed With My Tour

I was very impressed with my tour of this community. Everyone was very kind to my family, and I. The community looked great. Everything was well-kept. The staff was informative, and answered my questions. It was a very nice experience, and my tour was lovely.

Disappointed

Trash is not emptied unless I ask for it. Room has not been cleaned. Remote for TV missing. ( Reappears the next day ... miraculously. ) Boxed phone is missing. My sister had to give her a shower.(I am paying extra for Becket Lake to shower her) Clothes were not washed until I asked for it late Friday evening when I brought her back from a day out,

Shameless- mass exodus not surprising.

I just don't see what's to like, really. As expected with corporate mergers/buyouts, quality goes down and prices climb. Great job with spending money on the lobby carpeting and furniture, but no improvement on the quality of care including the food and staff. Staff members and residents are leaving in droves for reason. My mother has been here for 2.5 years and it's been very depressing for her to see what's happening. She will join the exodus this week. It's difficult for her to have to leave, but many of her friends have already moved away and I can see why. Shame on you Brookedale Beckett Lake. Brookedale, spare the insult of asking me to call and discuss, my mother and sibling have lodge complaints and you have turned a deaf ear.

short staffed

I am expecting things to improve at Beckett Lake. They are in the middle of a transition to a Brookdale community, and a major remodel, so everything is in disarray. With all of the changes, things are falling through the cracks. We have shown up for activities listed on the daily calendar, and there is no one around. The TV in the lounge doesn’t work. There have been several maintenance issues. Laundry service is supposed to be included, but when they have done the laundry, the clothes come back unfolded in a wrinkled pile. They seem to be short staffed, not enough Aides for the number of residents. Overall it has been a difficult transition, but the staff is really friendly and they seem to be genuinely interested in the welfare of the residents, so I’m hopeful that thing will improve when the remodel is finished.

My mom is doing very well here

My mom is doing very well here. She is comfortable and happy.

Very nice place!

So far we've had a very positive experience with Brookdale Beckett Lake! The staff is friendly, the food is good, and every time I visit everything seems clean and well kept. They really try hard to meet the individual needs and wants of each of their residents. I would give them top marks across the board!

Very friendly and accommodating staff!

We're very pleased with how things have gone with Emeritus at Beckett Lake! It's a very nice place! The staff are extremely friendly, and they try very hard to provide whatever it takes to make their residents feel at home. The facility itself is very attractive, well kept, and clean, and they've got a lot to offer their residents!

I would not put my mother anywhere else.

We visit mom at this facility approximately 3 to 4 times a week and eat with her at least once or twice in the dining hall. Everyone there is friendly and makes it a point to know the people who live there. It is also very clean and maintained. The Director, Mike, also knows everyone's names, employees and residents. This says a lot about him. He helped design and opened this facility 13 years ago, and his own mother stayed there before she passed. Pricing is comparable to other places, but the value highly exceeds other places. This is a must on your list of places to check out!!!

Did not have a good experience here

We had some major difficulties at this community. There were issues with items going missing from my loved ones room, and I feel they did not handle their medication management service well. We moved our loved one to an different Emeritus facility, which is doing a much better job.

David Virden

At Beckett Lake we are committed to providing your loved one with the highest quality of care. We have looked through our records and cannot find any grievances filed in regards to missing items or medication mismanagement. We are pleased to find that your loved one has found another Emeritus Community that suits their needs. In the future, please feel free to contact community management about any concerns. You can also contact our Ethics First Program to confidentially share your concerns. You can reach them at [removed]

Great community

What a well kept and lovely community. I would certainly recommend this community to anyone interested in the finer type of living.

These Emeritus ones just lo...

These Emeritus ones just look a little too nursing home-ish. I'm not sure about them.

My mom did not like this pl...

My mom did not like this place at all. She found it to be subpar.

Our peaceful setting, restaurant style dining experience, activities and beautiful setting combine to create a wonderful living environment every day. Our genuine caring staff, home style meals, daily activities add to our residents' experience. They will tell you they appreciate all the options while living at an Brookdale Senior Living community.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.

Amenities and Services
• Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
• Medication management
• Dining assistance and special diets
• Assistance with reminders and redirection
• Escorts and assistance with walking
• Emergency response call system