Rittenhouse Village at Michigan City - Michigan City, IN

No activities.

My mother has been at the Memory Care area of Rittenhouse in Michigan City for two years. The first year, she received exceptional care and activities. The last 6 to 8 months, we noticed the level of care has diminished and there are no activities. A monthly list of activities is posted in the dining area and in each residents rooms to look good, but the activities are not offered. Basically, she gets up to eat breakfast, lays in bed, gets up for lunch, lays in bed, gets up for dinner and lays in bed because there are no activities for her to engage in. When addressed with the Executive Director, I was told this was being worked on. Since this has been going on for so long, unfortunately, we are reluctant to believe things will change. How sad.

Beautiful Community

My sister took a tour of this community for our my mother, and her needs. Unfortunately they were able to take my mother in the condition she was in, but this is a beautiful community from what she told me.

It was fine..

While my mother was at Rittenhouse Village, it was okay. We moved her out of there to another community. We have no complaints.

Totally Unacceptable

Rittenhouse Was Totally Misleading! Mom has Alzheimer's and needed secure care. They evaluated her, said she needed care at a level 2. No problem. Dad moved into their villas to be near mom. Rittenhouse suggested family stay with mom and keep Comfort Keepers (paid service) for a bit to ease the transition. This turned into their requiring someone with mom 24/7 until she could get into a behavior hospital. Meantime, they apparently don't clean the villas when it snows and promised cleaning of the floor did not happen (was not done before move in). After 2 weeks in behavior hospital and now on meds, Rittenhouse advised (on the day before release) they could not care for mom, so she can't come back. After scrambling to find a place for mom, dad advised office he would be moving to be near mom as they were not able to care for her. Even with 2 weeks notice and a waiting list to get in they refused to waive the 30 day notice for dad. All guests in the memory care unit received the same care...so apparently everyone is a Level 2. It became clear it was about making money, not care...Beware of what you are promised or assured will be provided.

I contacted "A Place For Mom" in need of a place for my dad in a hurry and they were extremely helpful in helping me do just that." A Place For Mom" called around and set up tours for our family and checked back on our progress and he was placed in one the next day. I was very grateful for the help in our time of need and I would refer them to anyone in my place. Thank u A Place For Mom.

Mom is happy

Moving my mother into Assisted Living and then shortly into Dementia Care was an emotional tornado for my family. The staff extended themselves above and beyond to make her comfortable, as well as assist our family in the transition. It is clean. The staff friendly and caring. Most of all, my mom is happy. She is safe and happy. We feel blessed to have found Rittenhouse

Beautiful Villas! Kristian ...

Beautiful Villas! Kristian was very informative and helpful. I will call Stephanie on 5/19/14 and set up a time to talk with her.

It's been so wonderful. My parents have loved it.

It's been so wonderful. My parents have loved it. The food is wonderful. The people knew my parents name, they were so and warm and welcoming, when we first visited. They have just been wonderful. Housekeeping comes in once a week. I think they really liked the ambiance and that is why we chose them.

Rittenhouse Senior Living of Michigan City is big enough to cover all your needs yet small enough to treat you like family! Rittenhouse makes it look easy! We cover one's big and small worries to make your life more enjoyable! Rittenhouse offers Independent Living, Assisted Living and Memory Care Suites.

Rittenhouse offers the luxuries that you been waiting for: Top-notch chef-prepared meals, nursing available around the clock, GPS emergency pendent services, housekeeping, social activities and scheduled transportation.

Rittenhouse is a beautiful newer envioronment filled with cheerful residents and dedicated nursing staff. Rittenhouse Senior Living of Michigan City is very proud to be voted the "Best Retirement Community for three consecutive years and Best Assisted Living for two by the News-dispatch, Readers Choice Award.

View our video on line.