The Wellington at North Bend Crossing  - Cincinnati, OH

I feel so much at ease knowing that my mother is in a great clean place and well taken care of. It took her some getting used to at first which is understandable but now she's gotten to know the ins and outs. She's made some good friend as well. I would recommend to anyone who is needing a place for their loved ones

Almost like family

It’s someplace my dad said he’d never go - a senior home. But his health needs were changing. My mom had passed some years ago. Out of 6 children 2 lived out of town and the rest of us had full time jobs. He needed attention and most importantly interaction with his peers. He and his family Dr had very frank conversation and with tears in his eyes he agreed “It was time”. The Wellington was the perfect fit. He could take his furniture and create a comfortable living space. He was introduced to his “new audience” - new friends. Amazingly there were people he knew either through church, or bowling leagues, or work. The staff was amazing. These are people who really care. Walking in the door to visit they recognize me and if he and I go out - they are quick to give a parting pleasantry. His medicines were administered daily without worry. He actually enjoyed the meals. Lots of choices. Family could join him for meals at any time, which he enjoyed. Activities were offered - some days he felt like it - some times not and that was ok. The staff was always keeping me informed if anything was out of the norm - medication changes, reaction, meal habit changes. They cared!
As dad’s health declined after several months he was surrounded by wonderful people. Everyone from aids to Administration was checking on him. Even the wonderful housekeeping staff was checking on him and spending a few extra minutes with him and he loved it. He met so many great people at The Wellington who motivated him to be more engaged, to be more active, to smile more. As his health deteriorated Hospice was able to come there. He didn’t have to leave and he dealt comfort in that. His new neighbors were there for him, prayed with him and supported him in his final journey. Everyone we encountered at The Wellington was professional, caring, compassionate and sincere. I never worried when I left after a visit. He was in good hands - if not the best hands. They were like family.

Look Elsewhere

****Do not put your loved ones here. Inattentive staff on their cell phones rather than watching residents - would be simple to have a no cell phone policy, right ? If you do place someone here - do not believe promises made to you when you sign your paperwork - paid an initiation fee and my father was told he was not allowed back and was not refunded the initiation fee even though we were told we would be refunded it if he was not a good fit - corporate office is in Texas - onsite management takes zero accountability

Management is atrocious

This place has mostly great nurses and aides. The facilities problem is that the Director should not be in her position, she never comes out of her office and when she does her dog comes running out down the hallways and almost knocks over residents that are walking around including my mother. I like that we can bring pets into the facility but we are told they need to be on a leash and I think she should have to do the same. Can I also mention that the assistant director of nursing is very rude and unprofessional as well, she should be so embarrassed the way she talks. She is always talking down to her employees and I would never let anyone talk to me like that. It's a beautiful facility and could be a good one but management needs work, alot of work. They dont know what professionalism, respect, or kindness is and that's truly sad if you are wanting to send your loved one there.

Horrendous! Communication is non-existent and the nursing staff are rude.

Horrible

Nurses are terrible even the hospice nurse. Uncaring and lazy. Never see the director out of her office. She realizes on her posse to tell her things. They all cover each other even though they know they were wrong. Do not take your loved one there. Many times my mom was filthy and I had to clean her up myself. The staff stands around the nurses station laughing and cutting up when they need to be taking care of the residents. Never let your loved one go to memory care. This is where they dump the needy residents till they pass. Just terrible. They need to be shut down. Not to mention the bugs that were in moms room. We did take her out and is much happier where she is at now.

Don’t let the decor fool you!

Don’t let the decor fool you. The care in the memory care unit leaves much to be desired. Residents wander in and out of others’ rooms. Residents are frequently given the wrong medications or meds are missed or given in the wrong dosage or not discontinued per the doctors orders. The staff always passes the blame to another when a mistake is made, particularly to agency nurses working there. The agency nurses can’t answer questions except to say, I don’t know, I’m just an agency nurse. The turnover in staff is ongoing and there is never any staff around when you need them. They do not answer emergency call buttons in a timely manner, if they answer at all. They do not return phone calls to family members. They do not do much of anything that they promise. And all this for almost $6000 a month!!!!

No covered parking. Brand new. Not a possibility.

Be careful

The nurse [name removed] is horrible. If you have her for a nurse you better take your love one out. They are safer outside of the building. Lazy director. Uncaring administer which was no help and had [language removed]. Beautiful building. But uncaring people. Always short staffed..

Seems very pleasant and thoughtfully laid out. Would have liked to see the memory care area and forgot to ask.

Community Working Out Well

This is a nice facility, and my father is in good hands here. They are taking good care of him, and his. The staff is good at what they do, and have been great to work with. The community is always clean, and looks well-kept. He has tried some of the activities offered. The experience is going well for us in this community.

A nice community

The staff have been very nice and they are very encouraging. My parents have started to participate in some of the daily activities. The community is very clean and the food is good. The residents all seem happy and I would recommend this community.

Great over all carcare.The food is amazing

We Were Lucky For An Availability

The community was our preference and we were fortunate to get my dad moved in. The proximity of the location is best for my dad. He knows the area and has friends that live near by. He is doing fine and we love the community. He is getting good care and the staff are doing a good job. The meals are enjoyable and he likes that he gets 3 meals a day. He is not really involved with the activities that are available for the residents.

[removed] was great. Took lots of time with me. Answered all my questions. Facility beautiful. Residents very friendly. Very impressed.

A Great tour!

When I went to tour The Wellington at North Bend Crossing, I thought it was a beautiful place. The tour guide that took me around gave me a lot of good information and showed me around the entire building, I think she did a good job. The community was clean and organized.

We like it!

The staff has been great here with me and my loved one. The community is beautiful and the people are nice. The food is good and they provide enough portions. I would recommend this place to my family and friends.

Great place!

Renaissance West At Northbend Crossing has been great, it's a great place. My parents really like it there. They meet all the needs. They are staying active there with the activities, like bingo. They love the valet service since they have their car with them. They drive them to all of their doctor appointments. The food is just ok, that's the one thing that could be improved.

Renaissance West -- What a great place for mom!

My father was my mother's main care giver. When he passed away suddenly -- we needed to quickly find a place for mom. We had toured 1 other assisted living facility, when we walked into Renaissance it became very apparent this was a place we would be comfortable with moving our mother into. Her apartment is spacious, clean and well appointed. The aids are friendly and caring. The common areas are very home like. Visitors are required to sign in when they arrive and the facility is secured at night. Mom is happy and has adjusted very well. Our entire family is happy with Renaissance!

Friendly, helpful staff

We are happy with Renaissance West At Northbend Crossing. My mother is in the memory care unit because it was the only room available at the time. It has turned out to be a better situation for her, because she receives more care there than in the assisted living area. She fell last week and the nurse and staff helped her immediately. The staff appear to be very caring and talk pleasantly with her. The first week she was there, the staff in the dining room already knew her name. The food is really good there, too! They offer lots of activities, but at this point, Mom has not participated in many of them. Hopefully, she will join in soon. The facility is safe, beautiful and always clean. The Executive Director, Debra Saul, is very compassionate and capable. She knew I was upset about not being able to take care of Mom anymore and she gave me a book about dealing with Alzheimer's and dementia. She has helped our family feel comfortable with our decision to place Mom in a care facility.

A nice place that I would recommend

The facility is decorated nice. It's pretty clean. The people are friendly. They are not really good at communicating with the family about care plans. Other than that, It's a nice place. I would recommend it. My mom likes the food and we have had meals with her before. The food is good. The value is also pretty good for all the services that you get. It has been a pretty good experience for my mom so far.

Looked very nice

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for our loved one. This place looked very nice, and was the front-runner in our search for quite a while. It is a very nice looking community, and the care and staff both seemed to be exceptional.

Great staff here

Overall they do a great job here. It's a nice looking place, and the care they provide is excellent. Since my loved one is in the assisted living section she has a lot of interaction with the staff, and I think they do a great job of being compassionate and professional. They provide a good variety of activities, although my loved one has said she would prefer more going on in the evenings, especially on weekends.

Nice But Expensive

This community was really really nice but also really expensive. If we had had the money, honestly, my parents probably would have moved here.

Very nice property. Friendly staff an...

Very nice property. Friendly staff and residents. Good location.

I love the place and it is close to h...

I love the place and it is close to home.

loved this place. It would be our fi...

loved this place. It would be our first choice.

Nice place, nice rooms, all showers w...

Nice place, nice rooms, all showers with access.

Went to an open house. Mom liked

Went to an open house. Mom liked

Live regally in Queen City when calling The Wellington at North Bend Crossing your next home. Our Independent Living, Assisted Living and Memory Care community in Cincinnati, Ohio provides a helping hand for residents who may appreciate assistance with activities of daily living. You can be assured that we provide the quality care that will allow seniors to remain as self-reliant as possible while living in a supportive environment. Independent Living and Assisted Living apartments offer one and two bedrooms with full kitchens or kitchenettes along with a bevy of safety features including safety-assist hand railings in bathrooms, emergency call buttons and individual locked mailboxes. Sunrooms and furnished outdoor patios are available in select apartment homes. A host of calendar activities and social programming such as daily happy hours and monthly birthday celebrations provide that neighborhood feeling that residents and their loved ones appreciate and respect. Cozy seating areas and the lounge with a big-screen TV are popular gathering areas during downtime. Our friendly and professional team is available 24 hours a day to help with support services that include medication management, housekeeping and escort assistance. Our Cincinnati senior care community provides easy access to Interstate 74, allowing residents to get out and explore the many restaurants, recreational areas and attractions that make our city great.