Renaissance Village - Lewisville, TX

It was everything I thought it was going to be.

It was everything I thought it was going to be. The director is great and her assistant is great. Anybody that can keep my step mother reasonably happy, is good in my book. I think she thinks of the handyman as her personal servant and she calls the van driver a chauffeur. It isn't fancy, but it is exactly what they need, it's great. When it's icy they will deliver their meals, and tell them don't come to the dining room because they want them to be safe. The food is awesome, and Dad has gained a little weight since being there. His wife says it's not healthy enough but she eats it all and they will grill her fish on Fridays. It is good food! I wish the buildings were just a little more energy efficient, but I think that would cost the community quite a bit of money. They are a little older, but they aren't shabby and they are well maintained. I don't worry about them now.

Looked nice enough, but not the best we saw

This was a location we toured when looking into options for our loved one. It was a nice looking place, although it was older than others we looked at. It felt more like a regular apartment complex. It wasn't in as good a condition as others we looked at, and the pricing was about the same.

Mom Likes the Community and the People

They go to horse races, they go to the library, and take the residents to the grocery store and all their medical trips within 10 miles. They play games and the food seem good. My mother eats there everyday. She likes the community and she likes the people.

Nice people but not a good fit for my...

Nice people but not a good fit for my dad.

The apt. was big and clean. The drawb...

The apt. was big and clean. The drawbacks were the bathtub and the walk to the community bldg. to eat and get mail. For a 94 yr old that's not good.

RENAISSANCE VILLAGE In today’s society, many retired people are living more active lives. Many of these individuals may need some assistance, yet not require the structured environment or care an assisted living facility provides.

Created to promote an active homelike quality lifestyle, Renaissance Village, located in Lewisville at 1716 South Edmonds Lane, is small enough to provide personalized services, and large enough to offer a variety of activities. The monthly fee for each one or two bedroom cottage includes one meal per day, weekly housekeeping and flat laundry service, and schedule transportation. All apartments come with extended basic cable through Time Warner, complete kitchens, and all maintenance services. Activities, 24-hour security and even emergency alert pendants are available at no cost. The well trained staff assures safety around the clock and will arrange for immediate medical attention when required. We also offer an exercise room, beauty and barber shop, library, chapel and home health care.

Our community is located near local restaurants and shopping areas, and transportation can be provided for residents. We invite you to call us to arrange for lunch and a tour of our beautiful community. The warm comfortable atmosphere and companionship that prevail may make Renaissance Village just the place for you and your loved ones. Come visit us and create your perfect living environment today!

What Renaissance Means to Me While my husband was living, my daughter brought us to the Village; I fell in love with it from my first visit. The staff made us feel at home and moving here has been a blessing. Such care and such good neighbors. It’s my home. I feel it is one Big Family, and a visit from each of you would be welcomed.

Counting My Blessings, Mary A. Rose