Autumn Oaks Assisted Living - Corinth, TX

Rip off

Everything was good until the end. My mother passed away October 13, 2016. She was in a medical institution not related to Autumn Oaks for a month and a half before her death. Because my mother did not give 30 days notice concerning here death management would not refund her deposit to her heirs. My question. How do you give 30 days notice that you are going to die? We gave them the apartment back three days after my mother died and 15 days before the lease was up. No one lived there for 45 days. Rent was paid even though no one was there These people are all about the money. Ridiculous!!!!

Judy Brown

I want to personally apologize for any issues that were not addressed in a manner as timely as you would like, and want to assure you that we are taking immediate steps to review your concerns. We have already contacted our staff in Autumn Oaks to share your comments.

Finally, as distressing as it is for us to hear about your unhappiness, we’d like to thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention.

Don't do it!!!

My mom and dad moved in to Autumn Oaks assisted living the end of 2011. In the beginning everything was going great. The staff was wonderful the food was awesome. A month after moving in the managers changed, everything went downhill from there. The staff had a turnover rate of 4 people a week. The good ones moved on to better paying jobs. The food is absolutely horrible. They made my mother move out because they didn't want to care for her. To this day I feel that was the beginning of the end for her, being separated from my father was more than she could handle. She passed away 7 months later. This is supposed to be an age in place establishment, but only if you age the way they want. Now they are raising the rent 800. dollars a month if my father wants to stay there after 4 years. The director takes no responsibility for anything, it's always someone else's fault. Do not put your loved ones here!

Judy Brown

I am deeply sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction with Autumn Oaks. We have already contacted our staff to share your comments and to begin addressing your concerns.

Very nice place, overall

Overall we're very pleased with how things have gone at Autumn Oaks. It's a very nice looking facility, they do a great job keeping everything clean. Overall the staff are very friendly and helpful, and I like that since it is a smaller community the staff and residents all get to know one another. They've got all sorts of activities going on to keep the residents active and engaged.
One area I'd like to see them improve is their food service. It started off very well, but they got a new chef since she moved in that seems to be much less willing to accommodate specific dietary needs. I'd also like to see them offer a bit more in terms of individual transportation for doctors visits.

Judy Brown

Thank you for taking time to post your kind comments.

Very Accomodating, Good Care

The care was very good. Overall it was very good. My dad passed away. He was only there a short time but overall they were a five. He had issues with swallowing so they worked with him on special meals and they worked with him on his schedule. He didn't like getting up in the morning so they kind of did his meds at a later hour in the morning to accommodate that.

They have all kind of activities like bingo and trips to Wal-Mart, lunches out, church groups that come in, and a luau. They had a karaoke thing too. There were all kinds of things going on.

Judy Brown

Thank you so much for your comment. Nothing means more to us than a satisfied resident. Everything we do is meant to make sure your loved one has the best care and environment possible.

I couldn't be happier!

Fabulous, perfect! There are not enough adjectives to descibe how happy I am!

My mom doesn't participate much in the activities, but i really like the activity director and the activity calender looks good.

Before I walked into Autumn Oaks I was so depressed and worried that I wasn't foing to be able to find a place for my mom. This was a God send. I couldn't be happier. I toured a lot of places and this renewed my hope that there were people out there to help. We're moving my dad in next month!

Misti, from A Place for Mom, was perfect. It was a very good experience. I couldn't have done it without thier help!

Judy Brown

We are grateful to all of our families, like you, who have entrusted their loved ones to our care. Thank you for sharing.