Corinthians Retirement - Carrollton, TX

Very convenient for me. Not bright enough for my mom.

I liked the variety of activities offerred. I did not like that no one was at the front desk to greet us and i had to look around for a staff member. However, the residents went out of their way to tell us how much they enjoyed living there. That was the best recommendation possible.

Assistance on care

We toured this community for the care for my mom. The staff was nice and able to answer the questions we had on the care. The community could use some improvements in the cleaning of the rooms. The menu was average on the choices. We would suggest that they do some improvements. We would recommend that other families tour before making a decision.

Dependent Senior Living

This well established independent living community has one glaring flaw. Residents do not have access to a variety of health care companies. They have an in-house home health/private care agency that rents an office and is the preferred/ protected agency and friend of management. So if you're not happy with their services or if they don't have the skill set you need, you're out of luck. Upper management doesn't believe you should have the freedom of choice even though you're living independently.

Outstanding Care

The community for my parents is wonderful. The staff is friendly and outstanding and go out of their way. We are happy with the cleanliness. The community has activities for the residents. The meals are fantastic. This is a outstanding community for the care and the value for a loved one. I would definitely live there if I had to move. Any family would feel comfortable having their loved one living there knowing that they are in good hands.

Very accomodating staff!

My mother's respite stay at Corinthians Retirement went very well! The facility was kept clean and the staff were incredibly accommodating to my mother. Overall, the stay for her is going wonderfully!

We toured Corinthians Retirement. The community seemed run down and the residents did not seem very happy. We did not have a good impression of the community. We chose another community for our loved one.

Poor quality of care!!

My mother only lasted four days in the place before I pulled her out of there. The staff does not pay attention or watch what there residents are doing what so ever. One of the times I had found my mother in the courtyard, she had fallen and could not get back up. There was also a dog out there licking her face. I was in complete shock and could not believe the staff let it get to this point I would not recommend this place to anyone.

Close second!

The Corinthians were very comparable to the community I end up choosing. The place was clean and everyone was very nice. There was a positive atmosphere. The 2 reasons I did not choose this one were one, the location was farther from my home, and two, storage. There was little to no storage in this community and my mother was coming from a house.

I liked Corinthians. It felt a bit like a small town or "The Friends" bar from the tv show. Everyone knows your name and everyone is laid back and comfortable. [Removed]front desk person) gave me my tour. She was nice and friendly and knowledgeable. The folks who lived there seemed to know and like her. The rooms have full-sized refrigerators and are larger than most of the rooms I have seen in other places.

This is Independent Living and is a bit different than Assisted Living. I understand that healthcare can come in and check on my father, but I am a bit concerned about the differences.

Other than that I loved it and I loved the location ... and I think he would like it.

The jury is still out ... no decision until he gets here and gets a chance to look around for himself.

All around great community!!

I have no complaints of this community this far. Everything has been great and my family and I are very pleased with the services they have provided my loved one. She has really liked the meals the chef prepares for all of the residents as well as the different activities they have going on throughout the day. I would recommend this place to anyone looking into retirement.

Nice rooms in an older community that is in good condition and an excellant value.

At home already.

The Corinthian's staff have been so loving to my mother. She felt "at home" right away. She loves the food and has gotten to know some of the other residents even though she has only lived there less than two months.

This community is a safe place for my loved one!!!

I like this community, however I think they could use a few more activities. The community is kept clean. Mom likes the food but I feel they could offer a few more heart healthy choices. I would absolutely recommend this community. This is one of the better priced communities for what they can do. The staff are good and we have good communication with them.

Review of Corinthians Retirement - Carrollton, TX

Independent Living Only. 1960 for studio. Would have to have everything through Home Health company. Great area for dogs can let off leash...dont have to walk or pick up poop. One hallway smelled of pet urine (faintly). Magnifier readers for reading books. Showers have to step over they are willing to put in rails or whatever else is needed. Would be a great place except it is only independent living home health.

It's a good place

It takes a little while to adjust, but the staff is wonderful and they help you and show you around. It's great.

Not so good

The staff lied to me when I was trying to get in. They were saying it was going to be XX and would not work with the VA with me. Could not get into the facility but would like to.

The staff lied to me when I was trying to get in.

The staff lied to me when I was trying to get in. They were saying it was going to be 1800 and would not work with the VA with me. Could not get into the facility but would like to.

Caring staff

The staff here is very caring and professional. The facility is always kept very clean. They do have some activities for the residents, but they seem repetitive, like they are always the same ones. I don't really participate in them. The food could use improvement. It is not very good and there is not enough!

I like it so far.

I like it so far. The people here are very nice. I haven't had any trouble with anything. It's clean, and nice. It was a little more than I was hoping for, but has been very nice.

Nice retirement community

I love the fact that it's all inclusive. Prices include rent, utilities, cable, 3 daily meals, and weekly housekeeping. There is a home health agency in the building so if you need medical services, they are available at an additional fee.

My dad has been there for a few months. It's really nice compared to others I toured in DFW. Employees are friendly and they keep it clean.

My dad seems to like it there. The only issue so far has been the food. The portions are really small and the food is not as good as expected. My dad is a big eater so he is usually still hungry after the meal.

Overall it's a nice community.

Use this facility only if you have no other choice! It is clean, but that's it's only redeeming quality. the units are tiny, the food was inedible, the residents seemed stand-offish. They have a fenced courtyard for people with canine companions, but it didn't look like people were picking up after their animals very well. "Watch yer step!"
I did not see a pool or exercise facility or computer access. Maybe it was just a bad day when I went, but I'd be careful sending anyone that I loved here.

Unbelievably friendly!

Unbelievably friendly! My brother-in-law has been very happy and participating in the activities. They make you feel welcome when you walk into the door. They were very helpful with giving me information on the additional services they have available as well. Five stars across the board.

Caring, staff incredibly helpful, excellent management, great activities

Without them I don't know how we would survive, so I find them extremely valuable. My mother is 95, and we didn't know what to do. Robert made us feel so welcome, helped put Mrs. Diaz at ease, provided us with what we needed, made everything much easier.

It's a retirement home, we pay for everything else. They feed her, but nurses or anything we pay for it; it is independent living.

Their activities are wonderful. They have everything. They want to make sure people keep engaged. They have music, daily bingo, movie nights, a whole calendar that is published each day.

The management there is really top notch. The bedside manner is excellent. They treat my mother in law like a son would treat their mother. I love it.

I only have one concern and that is the food isn't very good.

Corinthians Retirement is very good. It's very clean, and the staff is friendly. They are very responsive to questions and concerns. I only have one concern and that is the food isn't very good. My mother has asked me to take her out because the food is terrible.

The best place for mom to live

Visiting the Corinthians was a very pleasant experience. I met with Robert Bennett and he gave me a tour, the facility has everything a senior would want. I was able to speak to some of the residences and all the feedback I got was very positive. This is the best place I found for my mother. Thank you!

independent living with ser...

independent living with service available; approx. 45 of their residents use this.

Great service great price

So far everyone has been really nice. Robert has gone above and beyond to help us get my Mom settled. I saw the reviews about the rooms being expensive, but we just moved my Mom from a converted home where she was paying 3600 a month and getting very little care. The staff is always polite and seem happy. She is very happy to have more of her furniture back, she went from a 10 X 10 room to a small apartment for less money and good care. What's not to love.

Nice looking place

We toured this community when we were looking into care for a loved one. This was a very nice looking community, but wouldn't have been an appropriate level of care for our loved one. It was a very large community, and not laid out well for someone with memory issues.

Very nice community

They've done very well so far at Corinthians Retirement, I'd give them top marks across the board. It's a clean, homey feeling place. The employees are very friendly, and really get to know all of their residents, their names, schedules, particular needs, etc. It is definitely worth a look if you are looking into care for a loved one!

This is a nice place to live. The onl...

This is a nice place to live. The only concern is the cost. My father is paying 1400 dollars a month which include three meals, utilities, basic cable and light housekeeping. His room should big enough for his furnature. However they do offer larger apartments which is more what he is paying. Staff is friendly and they always acknowledge you when you visit. Management appears to be understanding and caring. I think the resident should have more activities and outings. Such as fishing, museum, aquarium, park, movie grill and more restarant outings ( Wendy's Mcdonalds, ext..) Hopes this helps

Great retirement place

It was very very nice and everything was brand new so that made it that much nicer but I felt mom needed more care than they provided, but for a retirement person that didn't need a lot of care it would have been perfect.

Working So Far

It's only been 8 weeks. There's never anybody at the front desk when I gone up there. You kind of have to hunt around for them. I don't know who all the staff is actually. The cost is obviously high but I understand why it has to be that way. They do a head count in the dining room and if they don't show up they go and check on them. My mother doesn't seem to be interested in the activities but that's just here. Overall, I like it. It's good and it seem to be working so far. My mother is kind of still settling in.

Great Activities

My mom says the activities are great. They have everything. They have movie night, bible study, church, yoga, arts and crafts, bingo, and I think they have happy hour kinds of things. I think they're already working on it but they're facility is in need of renovation. It's a constant upkeep.

Was comfortable, but worn f...

Was comfortable, but worn feeling. Think it is a contender

Very nice - a little far from my house.

Very nice - a little far from my house.

I loved this place and director. Its ...

I loved this place and director. Its so friendly and a great enviroment. Thinking of bringing my parents by there to look at it, I am considering this place for anonther fmaily member. I will bring her by there for lunch soon.

Representative offered my parents a 5...

Representative offered my parents a 5 day complimentary stay.

I like the montly wellness check at t...

I like the montly wellness check at this facility.

We liked it. We'll probably go back w...

We liked it. We'll probably go back with Mom. It's at the high end of what we were looking for, but is available now and includes everything. It would be nice to help her get back on her feet in this type of setting. They mentioned a one-week trial. I like this idea because it lets me know if she would try and participate in the activities first before I pay for a community that has them.

Welcome…to Corinthians, the premiere choice for senior retirement living in Carrollton, Texas. Corinthians offers a combination of services and amenities to complement your choice of activities within a beautiful, uplifting environment.

Our independent retirement lifestyle meets the diverse and changing needs of today’s senior adults. Within our community of elegant architecture and interior designs, we offer a diverse selection of spacious studio, one- and two-bedroom apartments. All apartments are rented on a month-to-month.
Our activity programs are personalized to meet the desires of our residents. Enjoy stimulating pursuits and activities, or just relax – it’s your choice.

For your peace of mind, and your family’s as well, an emergency response pendant system is available. This connects you immediately to our 24-hour staff. The Corinthians is equipped with ample smoke detector throughout the community.
Should you need additional personal assistance and care, just as in your own home, you may contract services from any home health care agency of your choice.