Lakeview at Josey Ranch - Carrollton, TX

A Great Experience Overall

My loved one lived here for several years, and overall she really enjoyed the place. The staff was friendly and helpful and they had plenty of activities for residents. However, when we decided to move out, there was a massive miscommunication. When we signed the contract, we were originally told that they needed 30 days notice unless there was a medical issue, then 15 days would suffice. We gave 15 days notice when my loved one had to go to the hospital but then we were told the 15 days was from the date the apartment was empty. Since then, we have had the issue sorted out satisfactorily, but I think that other prospective residents should be aware of possible misunderstandings with this policy. Otherwise, the community is very nice, and my loved one enjoyed her time there.

Mom misses this community

My mom stayed here for a long time and she got sick with a UTI and she came back very weak. She wasn't able to walk as well when she got out of the hospital. So we had to choose another place for mom unfortunately. The staff here were very nice and helpful. There is a wait list here so I would recommend this community that's how good it was.

Nice tour

This is a very nice community and the staff did a great job taking their time showing us around and answering all our questions. The apts were nice sized and there were lots of amenities for the residents to choose from. What I noticed the most was there was not much activity going on in the common areas between the residents themselves.
It would be worth taking a tour here.

Mom's good care

I am happy knowing that my mom is in a nice community and happy with the care that she is receiving from the nice and caring staff. The community is clean and a nice environment for my mom. The menu is nice and the community has a lot of activities for her to participate. We would recommend the care of the community for other families.

The Tour I Liked Most

I wanted my parents to move here when I toured the community. They had some assistance, lots of activities, it looked nice, and the residents looked happy. The community was easy to navigate through. I also liked that it was closer to me.

Great facility. Restraunt quality dining, friendly staff & happy residents. Lots of activities & room to roam. Lovely lake trail with Carrollton senior services across the lake. Only cons would be no community garden& no transportation to the VA.

Settling In Very Well

This community is clean and well taken care of. The staff are nice and friendly, I have had no problems. There are activities and my mom has participated in a few like movies and the fireworks. The dining room is open from 7-11 every day and my mom likes it, I think it's pretty good. I would recommend this community.

Facility has everything that was on my "must list" and my "would be nice to have "list.
2 bed 2 bath one with tub - balcony - utility room with washer dryer connection -
Parking garage
One meal a day
Somewhat flexible dining room hours
Hostess in dining room
Variety of food choices - order from menu

Disappointed in:
Apartment was not move in ready even though they think it was.
Counters and floor quite sticky - asked for good cleaning and was told it had been cleaned

Staff had not noticed:
Shelf in utility room was just hanging on wall. Needed to be reattached

No turn table in microwave Got a replacement after I moved in and requested one

Drawer under oven was off track and just on floor

Bedroom screen was not attached at bottom

Dishwasher did not work - has since been replaced after I called attention to it

Orientation:
Should have someone meet with new residents within first few days to orient them to facility and rules and procedures. If had not been for neighbor across the hall I would have been in the dark and rather uncomfortable. Would have been nice if someone -staff or resident) had met with me to discuss dining room hours, activities, emergency procedures, etc. Had to ask for a meeting to learn about emergency procedures."

Perfect for independent seniors

We looked at a few facilities, but Lakeview at Josey Ranch had all the amenities my mom was looking for. The food is terrific, the activities are varied to meet the needs of diverse residents, the public areas are inviting....I'm thrilled my mom has found a place she really can call "home." Many of my family members toured Lakeview, and every one proclaimed it an ideal place for mom.

The people who live here are so friendly. I have had several people come by and introduce themselves in the week and a half I have lived here. The food good and the service is great.

Spacious apartments

The apartments are spacious with lots of amenities. The staff here is great. They are really considerate and they care about the well being of the residents. The facility is always spotless. There are plenty of activities and the residents all seem to get along great.

I only gave 'em a 3-star rating on Value, Core Services and Activities because they are pretty much doing everything that everyone else is doing, at about the same rate. The location is the main selling point for me. It's close to my friends and church.
I did like the fact that this facility is close to bus lines and is in walking distance to basic shopping, fast-food vendors and the Carrollton Library/Senior Center.

It's wonderful, it's lovely.

It's wonderful, it's lovely. The people are so friendly. They have really embraced me, or at least I feel they have. The activities are great, and I have really started getting involved. The first week the food was wonderful, but when we had the ice storm, a lot of the staff couldn't get in, and the service lacked, we had to wait up to an hour, but all in all the food has been good. The cleanliness of the whole place is superb. I liked that I didn't have to buy in, and their prices were comparable to others in the area.

I didn't get a phone call when she went to the hospital.

My mom lived here for a while. It was okay, until she fell, and went to the hospital and nobody notified me. I'm glad she got to the hospital, but I thought a phone call would be standard. She moved after that. Everything else was fine while she was here.

Excellent facilities and Staff

We moved my in-laws into Josey Ranch over a year ago. They are both 88 years old and on walkers. The staff at Josey Ranch has been amazing. The meals and dining facility are wonderful. We really like the size of the apartments and that they have a full kitchen and washer / dryer connections. They really enjoy the events where bands are brought in. The music and entertainment is very lively. The residents of Josey Ranch are all so very friendly and really look out for each other. Josey Ranch has been a true blessing to our family.

Pretty good but there could be a few changes.

I think the way the meals are handled could be improved, if you are out of town or away you don't get those meals. Because there are 30 meals included in 30 days it would be nice if they could carry over instead of losing those meals, if you are not there. They could use more help in the dining room as well, there's not enough service. The front desk has been particularly helpful. The move in was not very organized, and that could have been handled a little better. We just kind of stumbled through it.

Very nice facility. We may...

Very nice facility. We may need more care.

Nice Apartment Layout

There seems to have been a lot of turnover in staff, and in particular they hired a new director and lost someone that was pretty key to things getting done. It doesn't seem to be as well run as I initially thought it would be. Other than that, the staff is kind and friendly. I think it is a pretty good location. I like that the apartment that my mother has is a nice size an pretty nicely laid out; it has a balcony and a kitchen.

Lakeview at Josey Ranch, Carrollton TEXAS

I was pleased with the facility on my first visit: the staff, the facility, the food.

When I brought my parents to visit 3 retirement communities I did not discuss the monthly costs (fortunate for me/my parents that wasn't a concern). I wanted my parents to visit what I thought were the top communities (i had toured 12). We did a quick pro/cons discussion as we left each facility.

After leaving Lakeview my mother said she liked it the best; my dad then said he too preferred the facility. AMAZINGLY (or great planning on my part) we all agreed that Lakeview was the best facility for them.

Think of what your priorities are and look at several locations, then you can feel more confident with the location you choose.

Modern and a Good Value

It's newer and more modern. Certainly a better value, I believe, even though I never lived there. They sure seemed clean and very frienldy.

Great food and views! Liked the apar...

Great food and views! Liked the apartments and staff. Received unsolicited "we like it" from a few residents. Dining when you want it (no set hours) a big plus.

We really liked Lakeview and the dire...

We really liked Lakeview and the director gave us a wonderful tour. We enjoyed a nice lunch and everyone was friendly and welcoming to us.

Attractive

Attractive

NICE! NO TUBS.

NICE! NO TUBS.

LOVELY PLACE! Wish I was ready to mo...

LOVELY PLACE! Wish I was ready to move in. Beautiful Kitchen. The garage on first floor is a bonus.

Really liked this place.

Really liked this place.

As Carrollton's newest rental retirement community, Lakeview provides residents a thoroughly enjoyable and comfortable lifestyle with large, well-appointed apartments to call home. With its scenic waterfront views and convenient location to the new Carrollton Public Library and Senior Center, Lakeview is a senior community unlike any other.

Stop by, and hear about all Lakeview at Josey Ranch has to offer its seniors! We will welcome you and show you why so many seniors are choosing Lakeview at Josey Ranch as their new home!