Pinewood Hills - Flower Mound, TX

Very Unwelcoming

The people at Pinewood made us feel very unwelcome and wouldn't show us anything when we went to take a look at the community. We were told everything was booked, and it was quite plain that the staff expected us to go away. We persisted and got about two minutes to talk with the director. We realize that she didn't have any models to show us, but she did not even offer a tour of the rest of the community or anything so we could judge if we wanted to get on their waiting list. Based simply on the way we were treated, we would never go there. I wouldn't recommend it to others.

Holiday Marketing

Hi there, first of all thank you for leaving us a review. We are sorry to hear about your experience at Pinewood Hills. It is never our intention to make someone feel unwelcome in our community. We've shared this with our management team and would like to welcome you back to our community for a tour, and show you how we are helping older independent people live better. Hope you have a great day.

Very accommodating and caring staff

The staff at this facility is very accommodating. We were a little apprehensive at first about moving my loved one in to a community, but from day one he just fell in love. They’re very friendly and they never make us feel like we’re putting them out if we have questions. The food is absolutely 5 star and he looks forward to every meal. They offer 5 different options at every meal, 2 of which are healthy low-cal options, and there’s plenty of variety. They have medication aids available at an extra cost and they’ve gone above and beyond to help us. They really work with us and they’ll even send us texts to tell us how our loved one is doing. Housekeeping is included in the price and they come once a week to clean the apartment; the rest of the facility is very clean as well. I absolutely recommend this place to anybody.

Welcoming staff!

When I was searching for a community for my mother, I toured Pinewood Hills. Everyone was very nice and helped with any questions that I had. The problem was the fact that it was more independent living, and my mother needed assisted living.

They were great!

The staff at Pinewood Hills were extremely friendly and helpful. They were very flexible and did all they could to cater to our needs. They were very knowledgeable and addressed all of our concerns. The community was very nicely kept and welcoming.

Too far from kim

Toured, very nice looking

We toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. I thought this looked like a very nice place, overall! All of the staff I met seemed friendly and professional, and the facility was clean and well kept. We ended up selecting a community that was closer to family, but I'd say this one is worth a look!

A Pleasant Tour

My tour of this facility went good. It is a good community with nice and friendly people. From what I saw everything is very well-kept. The staff was kind and answered all my questions. My mother in law wanted a community that fit her personality more. It was a pleasant experience.

A change for the better.

I am two weeks away from moving to an apartment in Pine Wood Hills, but each time I visit I believe I have made a good choice.
The facilty and grounds are all neat, clean, tidy and welcoming. The dining room and staff are similarly very attractive and the meals are well prepared and served.
Many apartments are of different sizes, shapes and location, all with pleasant views of the facilkty.
I moved from an independent senior facility because I knew Pinewood could provide me with services i could no longer do for myself.
One other service Pinewood offers is, since tbey one of 308 countrywide facilities, a resident of one facility can use other facilities as a vacation site for up to one week with all facility features at no cost.
Brian

could not be any better

Pinewood Hills could not be any better. We are absolutely happy with this facility. I am very thankful for it. There is nothing they could improve on. It has been a wonderful experience here. I am so pleased with everything.

The community setting was very quaint and peaceful. Davis was very gracious and provided a lot of information. He suggested that mom stay in the guest room for a couple of days to experience living there.

We are very pleased.

We are very pleased. We haven't had any complaints. I would give them a five. They were our hands down first choice when we were looking at options. They were pretty competitively priced, compared to others we looked at.

Pinewood Hills is a very nice facility .It was very clean and the staff were friendly and very accommodating. The care services are great and the food was good.I really like that there are so many activities for seniors to do on a daily basis.

Very nice facility. Very clean. Food was presented well. We are in our early 70's and still pretty active. Most of the folks were in 80's - 100. I think we would feel better in a "younger environment." Need a little larger space.

very friendly

One of the challenges I think they have is that their rental rates move frequently. If you see the price and budget for it at the beginning of the month, it could be different by the end of the month when you get ready to move in.

They are very friendly, and the facility is very well maintained. During the month and a half that my mom has been at Pinewood Hills she has had nothing but positive things to say about them.

Really like the the outer s...

Really like the the outer space access via normal doors, but especially the patios in the rooms. Comparing to other locations ... Seems pricing is too high ... Two bedroom - two person. But, our sample size is still small. Very good overview provided by Nickole. Good activities and friendliness with all we met. The rooms and hallway seemed more institutional vs. homey in comparison to other places we visited.

They are going too be a lit...

They are going too be a little high for the space they are offering.

Do not go there

Very costly and unsafe. Bullsnake in building spooked two people very badly,causing emotional trauma and psychiatric problems
Do not go there

It's been great so far!

We really like the independent living here! It's more of a retirement living setting, where the residents are lively! The environment is just different -- it doesn't feel as assisted! We also really like the grounds. It's nestled back, away from the street. Everyone has their own private balcony. It feels more like little individual homes. The activities and the liveliness are great! They have a dance floor, and let my loved one play his instrument. It's been great so far!

The staff really seems to care.

I think they are a little pricey for the area. I'd give the food a two. Other places do continuous dining, where you can go in any time and order off of a menu restaurant style, that would be nice. I know they get help serving in the dining mostly from high school students and there is a lack of proffesionalism there. They offer a lot of nice services. The thing I really like, is that the staff is really, really, nice. They really do seem to care.

Comparable to Lewisville Es...

Comparable to Lewisville Estates on all levels, but much more expensive, both monthly and community fee. Did offer a $500 moving voucher as an incentive.

liked green belt; 'trouble ...

liked green belt; 'trouble shooter' from CA showed me around... vs an inhouse mgr ???? didn't give me a good feel; Inhouse mgr couldn't provide floor plan for larger 2br/2b nor rate... left with a NEGATIVE FEELING

we loved the place and the ...

we loved the place and the people there every room had a patio

Really nice, but small. Impressed wit...

Really nice, but small. Impressed with the looks and felt welcome.

No separate kitchen or in room laundry

No separate kitchen or in room laundry

very nice facility. met with a rep fr...

very nice facility. met with a rep from a home health agency also. no offensive odors.

Love this one!!

Love this one!!

nice place management offered best de...

nice place management offered best deal of the three.

Love it here!

Love it here!

Perched atop 22 acres of stunningly landscaped grounds, you’ll enjoy a feeling of peaceful seclusion while being just minutes from Dallas. Our Town of Flower Mound has been consistently voted by D Magazine as one of the Top 10 Best Cities to live in, and residents frequently explore the sights that the surrounding area has to offer.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind