Discovery Village At Castle Hills - Lewisville, TX

Nice Community, well maintained, very professional staff who calls residents by name. Liked how they handled lunch and dinner. Open From about 11 am till 6 pm. Seemed like there was was plenty to keep residents busy throughout their day.

My mother liked the newer apartments but didn't like that they didn't have tubs. Thought the older section was too dark in the hallways and thought the bedrooms were small even though the square footage of the apartment was quite large. People living there were very nice.

A very nice place.

We toured here when we were looking around. This was very nice, and comparable to the one we chose. It was very clean and the staff seemed to be friendly and knowledgeable. The reason we chose the one we did was because it was just a little closer to us. This was definitely on the list.

Nice looking community

I've been very pleased with Stonebridge at Castle Hills so far! It's a great looking community, and the people seem very friendly. I really liked how many different options they had when it came to apartment types and layouts. They also do a great job keeping the whole community clean and nice looking.

Nice place, overall

Overall we're very pleased with the services that Stonebridge provides. It's a clean, well kept community, and the staff we've worked with have all been very friendly. The only issue we ran into was a misunderstanding during the sign up process, which I thought was misleading.
Other than that issue everything here has been very nice. They have well structured activities and events, the transportation services are good, and all of the residents seem very friendly. My loved ones are happy here.

Feels like home

It’s a very at home type feeling community. It’s a change for residents to adjust to. The food is excellent. There is enough parking. They have nice outside areas for residents and families to use.

If I didn't live here, I'd move here ASAP!

Actually, SACH is an independent living facility and care services do not apply. I'd have given this place GREAT except that the elevator nearest my apartment is out of order from time to time.
Also the doors on the rear entrances shut rapidly with considerable force which would never be allowed in Florida.
Perhaps it is ok in Texas because the last facility in which I resided had the same problem. (They did make a MINIMAL adjustment there.)
Love my apartment; lots of room with generous storage and a real utility room, not just a washer and dryer in a closet.
So far, the only ones leaving here are for health reasons.

I have only lived here a week, but ev...

I have only lived here a week, but everyone has been so friendly and nice. I think I will really like it once I get settled in and learn my way around.

You couldn't ask for better.

I’d give the overall rating a 4.99999! The cleanliness is terrific. The Staff- you couldn’t ask for better. I am busy, busy! I love the activities here. This is independent living for me and I’m very happy with this community.

Wonderful place!

This place has been wonderful so far! The staff and residents are all very very friendly, and the staff are really on top of things! They're right there in a minute if you need anything. I felt welcome right from the beginning, as they took the time to introduce me to both other staff and residents during my tour. I do most of my own cooking, but from what I've heard the meals served by the dining service are very good!

Pleased overall

So far Mom is happy with this place. It's a clean, nice looking building, and the staff are all very friendly. They've always been willing to help with anything Mom has needed, such as having a maintenance man help her hang a picture. They are also a good value, although they will charge extra for little things, like covered parking spaces.

Liked a Lot, but Liked Other Places Better

I liked a lot about it but it seemed like a very isolated location. Seemed to me like they were a little smaller and not as many that had a balcony. For my mother, to be able to go outside and see what the weather is like is really important.

Would Not Have Moved In

The outside property is very clean and very well kept, but the inside is that is primarily the reason that I would give them a two. We moved in Sept 1 and since that time there have been a number of things. We lived in a 55+ place before. We are on the third floor and our closest entrance is not well kept at all. Until recent, there were two mats that never got cleaned. They were disgusting and full of dog hair. We had a wind storm and they blew away - THANK GOD! I suggest it to one of the reps in the business office if someone could wipe the door down, no one ever cleaned. There are stains on the carpeting, whether you use the stairs or elevator. Most recent about a month ago, a pet made a big spill coming in the entrance door and there were several black stains. The elevator was filled with animal stains and mess. When I got to the third floor there was drops of animal poop as it walked along. I went to report it and there was no attempt to clean it on an emergency basis. They never cleaned the floor for several days. It took over a week. The first week the fire alarms went off in the middle of the night. The fire department came and told us that there were water problems from leaking. The alarm were shorted out because there was such a bad leak. We reported that. There are water stains all over the bedroom. We would not have moved in here knowing these things. It is just filthy. If anyone touring would see these, they wouldn't move in. They are not clean. Another major issue is I can smell smoke. I have seen several people smoking in non-designated areas. The management doesn't do anything about it.

Great facility!

We recently moved my Mom into Stonebridge at Castle Hills and she loves it! The entire move-in went smoothly and we are pleased with all aspects so far.

I love the apartment...more space tha...

I love the apartment...more space than expected except not enough cupboard space. Excellent decor and very clean. The appliances are low quality, but the maintenance men are exceptional, especially Ernesto. Jessie was super in working with me to get into the complex and to get the apartment I requested. Becca has also been very accommodating. The upkeep in and outside of the building is excellent.

Exceptional Living. Exceptional Value.

Discovery Village At Castle Hills is a captivating masterpiece nestled along Windhaven Parkway in Lewisville, Texas. Bordered by the Lewisville Lake and just north of the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex, this charming town is the perfect mix of historic Texan life with modern day conveniences. Complimented by its splendid architecture and landscape, resort-style clubhouse, cinema, included complimentary maintenance and transportation, and a full calendar of scheduled activities, your lifestyle becomes yours to create and enjoy. Living options include several nicely appointed one and two bedroom luxury senior rental apartments to choose from.