The Remington at Valley Ranch - Irving, TX

5-star living standard making the rooms expensive. This location is above my price range.

Very Engaging

This community is very nice, even on our tour the residents and the staff were very engaging, welcoming. My mom's apt is very spacious, we have brought some of her own furniture and add some new so it is starting to feel more like home. Mom has started to take part in some of the many activities and I am sure she will be doing more once she's settled in. The dining room is very nice and mom enjoys the food. I like the way the residents are so engaging with one another, they're always out visiting with one another in the common area, there also a courtyard and sitting areas outside with lovely garden areas. This has been a very good move for my mom.

My opinion

I was not impressed by the person that took us on tour. They were very nice, however they did not seem to acknowledge the residents we met in the hallway by name. The community had some nice rooms and the community seemed clean. This community did not seem to have the same family atmosphere as the community we chose.

My fathers care

I am very happy with this community. The staff are great and the care takers. We like the cleanliness of the community with the nice atmosphere. The meals are outstanding and the variety . They offer a lot of activities with residents. We would highly recommend this community to other families that want great care for a loved one and a nice value.

LOVE it!

We took a tour and really liked The Remington. My mom ended up moving in two weeks later. She LOVES it! The staff are amazing - truly. The residents are charming and so friendly. My mom has a smile on her face I haven't seen in a long time. She is part of a community but also has her own space. She lived in her home alone for 15 years. The tasks and upkeep just became too much. She feels independent and free of the burdens that came with owning a home. [Removed], the activities director, housekeeping, maintenance, and the servers all have a wonderfully positive attitude. They are so sweet and caring with the seniors.

My brother's care

I am very happy with the care that my brother is getting from this great community. I found the staff to be very caring and attentive to his needs.We were able to have a meal and the food was very good and appealing. They do offer him activities, but at this time he is not participating. The community gives a feeling of being at home. I would highly recommend the care and the value to other families here.

Review of The Remington at Valley Ranch - Irving, TX

Jerry visited. No prices. Nice independent living apartments. Smaller facility. Seemed sterile and impersonal. Nice neighborhood among mostly residential.

Nice place, overall

The Remington at Valley Ranch is a nice place, overall. The facility itself is well kept and nicely furnished, and the rooms are spacious and clean. Really the only negative I've seen is that the staff can get a little overwhelmed at times, they could use a few more people or just more training for the people they have.

I'm really liking it. I have been really impressed.

I'm really liking it. I have been really impressed. The people, and the management and the maintenance people have gone out of their way to be helpful. The neighbors are pretty friendly. They are able to take pets, and were right in the average price for the other places I looked at.

Spacious and nice

This is a very spacious, nice facility with great decor. The staff is so pleasant and eager to help us with anything we might need. The residents seem happy here, but the food could definitely be better.

A great place for parents

A really great place and great staff. We have just had my parents living at the Remington for 1 month now.

The Remington has gone to extra lengths to try to get my father involved in activities albeit he just wants to sit and watch television right now. My mother loves it and has made numerous new friends and is very involved in many of the activities that are available to the residents.

Again, the are a great facility and would recommend to anyone.

Wonderful place!

Remington at Valley Ranch has been an excellent place! The staff are are wonderful, friendly people, and the rooms are fantastic. Our loved one's suite has a living room plus an extra room that we were able to turn into a dining room, which we were able to decorate with her beloved family hutch. The rest of the suite we were able to decorate in her own style. It was so important to us that we could set up her space with as many things as possible from her home of 60 years to make her feel comfortable. Having my Mother live here has been a wonderful experience.

Dana provided a very thorou...

Dana provided a very thorough overview of the community. This definitely was the nicest facility, with a pricing level matched to amenities being offered. However, the two meals per day vs. three may be an issue ... Although it is my understanding that that can be customized (not sure of pricing as we did not ask). The other issue on the meal plan - sounds like breakfast was a cold / continental. This may be our misunderstanding. We loved the community interior setting, activities and general feeling of a lot happening to keep everyone as active as possible.

Do not mess with senior and do not insult their intelligence

We are served frozen food. The meal that is served at noon is the same meal that is served at the evening meal. All of the meat that we are served is frozen and heated up in the microwave. We are seniors and please do not insult our intelligence. The menu says Cornish Game Hen and what do you get ??? ... a chicken leg. The menu says Salisbury
Steak and what do you get....A pile of hamburger meat with some gravy on it...come on.....us seniors are not dumb....
most of the meat is tough and why....because it is left over from the noon meal. The meal sits there all day and is heated up in the microwave and served at the evening meal. Enough....do not want to give away everything.

doesn't match with what Kar...

doesn't match with what Karen got for me. If this site is correct, and info sent by Remington to Karen is right, it could work

Very Impressed!

Mother almost moved into that one. We were very impressed with that. They had really good food and quality furnishings. The appliances were nice. The rooms were kind of a darker beige or taupe color that my mother just didn't like and she asked if she could paint it. They said oh yes! If you bring the paint they'll paint it whatever color you want. They seemed like they were very accessible.

LOve this one!

LOve this one!

Become a part of our flourishing family at The Remington at Valley Ranch, offering Independent Living services in Irving, Texas. Our inviting community puts residents in the capable hands of experienced staff. The Remington at Valley Ranch offers the privacy and freedom to live the way residents choose in comfortable surroundings. At the same time, it offers companionship. Say goodbye to the worries of living alone. Say goodbye to home maintenance and housework. Say hello to a relaxed lifestyle at our community in Irving, Texas, filled with exciting events and quality care. Apartments are spacious and well-equipped with sought-after amenities. Some of our apartment homes feature balconies that offer sweeping views of the surrounding area. Apartments are much more than comfortable places to lay your head. Each of our floor plans is equipped with safety features that give residents and their friends and family peace of mind. Residents also can splash and relax in our heated outdoor pool open year-round, practice their short game on our putting green, grab a book from our well-stocked library or attend informational sessions on healthy aging. When residents wish to explore the local area, our community is convenient to local transit lines, including DART. Our location near Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport also makes it easy for friends and family to visit or for residents who wish to travel.