Quail Lodge - Antioch, CA

I was very impressed with this facility. Love the fact that apartments had lotza windows and were bright and airy. The staff was warm and friendly throughout and extremely knowledgeable and willing to discuss every aspect of starting to move into the third part of my life - retirement. I plan on taking another tour with my daughter so that she can become familiar with this facility as well.

My husband and I loved the facility. Talked to residents who appeared happy with the facility and were pleasant. It was well maintained. The pricing was affordable. Unit for 1 bedroom was a nice size. Like services offered to make the senior's stay more convenient. The menu was inviting, although we didn't have time to dine there. We were impressed with the community.

Beautiful facility, independent, not assisted. Nice people, residents and staff very friendly.

Independent living only. No memory care. Some assistance can be contracted. Good size apartment s highest annual increase encountered at 6 % last 3 years. Meal was adequate but father could not understand servers accent. Not as snack friendly as other facilities. Quite area.

Beautiful Community

Mom is settling in quite nicely at Quail Lodge. It is difficult moving from a large home into a smaller place. It is very clean and they take care of any maintenance issues right away. I have dined there with my mom and I think the food is great. There are plenty of activities for the residents to participate in and keep busy. As a gardener myself I really love how beautiful the landscaping is around the community. I would definitely recommend Quail Lodge to others, I would love to live here! I also would like to thank [Removed] from A Place For Mom in all of her help assisting us in finding the right place.

Love Quail Lodge!

The Quail Lodge Retirement Community is truly a community. The activity director, [Removed], has a wide variety of activities that the residents can take advantage of. There is always something happening if they wish to participate. Management is important to make a facility run smoothly. [Removed], the executive manager, and [Removed], the office manager, bent over backwards to help my husband and when we came from Wisconsin with plans to move my cousin to a nursing home near us. Because her health deteriorated and doctors stated she could not be moved, we ended up staying in California for six weeks. [Removed] and [Removed]i made sure we had a place to stay in Quail Lodge the entire time. This was a godsend for us as they not only ensured we had lodging and well-balanced meals during this difficult time, but also were there to offer emotional support to us as my cousin went to hospice care. We were impressed by how [Removed] connect with the residents. For example, they stop at each table during meal time to visit with each resident, making everyone part of this friendly community.

I cannot speak highly enough of Quail Lodge and its friendly management. I researched many retirement communities before helping my cousin move into Quail Lodge seven years ago. Throughout her seven year residence at Quail Lodge, my cousin repeatedly told me how glad she was to be there. Her good experiences started with the move in and continued until the move out. The beautiful building and landscaping give Quail Lodge an airy, pleasant atmosphere. Even the hallways are welcoming with their lovely, varied artwork, wide aisles and comfortable seating.

I highly recommend Quail Lodge Retirement Community.

Quail Lodge--a Great Place to Nest!

I took my mother to Quail Lodge several times before asking her to decide to move in or not. Each time, we showed up unannounced so as to see the place and the people as they really are and each time we were extremely pleased with the look of the place, the friendliness of the staff, and the quality of the food. They made every effort to accommodate our requirements and in the end offered us the very best deal for our money that they could. My mother eventually signed up and since she moved in she has had nothing but good things to say about Quail Lodge, especially how friendly everyone is, staff and residents, and how much fun she is actually having there as opposed to her previous living situation. We both feel Quail Lodge was the right place at the right time for her. Our experience has been nothing but positive.

Mom's Comfortable Care

This is an outstanding community for my mom's care. The staff is very nice and friendly. My mom likes the meals and I found them to be appealing, but my mom likes authentic homemade meals. The offer her activities but does like to watch her own television shows. The community comes highly recommended for good care and value for a loved one's needs.

Made my mom feel at home as soon as we moved her in. Great food and everything is what they advertised.

Was not very impressed with this community!!

I was not very impressed with this community at all. They seemed to have a weird feel throughout the building and I did not get a comfortable feeling during my visit. They also had outrageous community fees and rates for there packages. I just did not think the expense matched the amenities that they had to offer.

Grandmothers Happy Home

We are happy with the care for my grandmother here at this nice community. She is happy with the staff and the community is clean and maintained. The meals are appealing and she seems to like what is served. They offer a good variety of good meals. We would recommend this community for the good value and care of a loved one.

We really really like this community

The activities director is nice and personable. They offer a variety of daily activities. The staff are wonderful. They knew dad by name before he moved in and they keep me updated about his care. The food is wonderful they have a variety of choices and he can have anything he wants for breakfast. The community is very clean and has a lot of light. There is always fresh flowers and popcorn. The community has a homey feel to it and a path outside to enjoy. His apartment looked brand new when he moved in. I would recommend this community to anyone.

Professional staff, clean community but an outdoor area would be appreciated.

My mother is still adjusting but things are fine. I think they need a garden area. It would nice if they had an area where the residents could plant vegetables and flowers. They have the space for it but it isn't set up. She does participate in the other activities they offer . She enjoys the food but breakfast is served too early. She misses it sometimes and has to wait for lunch. If they could extend the time frame when they serve breakfast that would be nice. The staff is very nice, considerate and professional. They remember by name when I visit. The aesthetic of the community is very nice. When we toured my mother liked the community was clean with a friendly staff.

Overall a nice community. Hopefully they get their staffing issues fixed soon.

We recently moved my Mom into Quail Lodge. I like the layout of the community and the coziness of the amenities. I definitely think they could have done a much better job of preparing her apartment for move-in. After moving everything in, my husband and I spent over an hour cleaning cabinets (inside and out), door handles, door jambs, and window sills. Unfortunately we also moved her in while there was a transition of staff. The executive director left the week prior as well as the activities director. I think that IF they get the right team in place it could be one of the better communities in the area. As for the meals and residents, my mother is enjoying her first week and feeling very welcome and at home. So far, so good, she is happy and ultimately that is what counts.

My dad says the people are friendly. The place is clean. He likes the food. He really needs more social contact. Several of the activities have been canceled. Many activities are just up to other seniors. Days he gets to play cards he is happy. When there are not activities he wants to leave. He loves to hike, walk, play cards , he is very fit physically with short term memory issues.

A great choice for Mom.

We moved my mother to Quail Lodge a month ago from out of state. It has been a big adjustment for her but she seems to be settling in. She had been living on her own with a companion 3 times a week, and occasional visits from family. She was alone a lot and was without much socialization. She has some memory loss and does not drive. She needs help with meal planning, shopping and scheduling.
At Quail Lodge, she maintains some independence by having a private apartment, yet she can have socialization daily in the dining room and with the activity options. She has a lovely balcony where she can have her plants, and sit outside for her morning tea or afternoon reading.
We have found the staff at Quail Lodge to be friendly, responsive and helpful. Everyone from concierge to management, housekeeper, hairdresser, and dining staff have been welcoming to Mom. They truly seem to care about the residents and their well-being.
I just asked Mom what she thinks about Quail Lodge and she says, "they really make me feel that I can be more independent for this next phase of my life." She feels that being at Quail Lodge will relieve some of the care responsibilities for her children.

New

My dad has only been there a week and is adjusting to his new life. He did have an issue with the dinning part but with a quick email to the facility they were on it and taking care of his issue. But as of now he does love it there so far.

I feel safe here

The reason I had moved to Quail Lodge was because of the security and as far as that goes it is good. I do feel very safe here. The food there is atrocious though. Very unhealthy; high salt and high fat. The thing that bothers me is that it is in my contract to have to pay for it even though I buy my own food.

I rate this place a 5+, very attentive and helpful

The Quail Lodge a very nice place to be I have had a wonderful experience and I rate this place a 5+! This place very excellent, and clean. I feel the staffing is attentive and very helpful to my needs. And the services provided having been excellent.

They have an issue right now with a water leak in the kitchen and it's starting to become a serious problem. The place is wonderful other than that and I don't know why they haven't stepped up and made the repair.

Sunshine

Its great to hear you think so highly of our Novato community. We are sorry you experienced a leak and hope it didn't cause a bad taste for you. Here at Deer Park, our residents and their daily lives are our top priority and we apologize you experienced anything less. If we can improve in any other areas, please let us know!

So far, so good!

My mother has been enjoying it so far in the time she's been there!

Sunshine

That's great to hear your mom is enjoying Quail Lodge and all it has to offer the residents! Thanks for your feedback.

so thoroughly impressed

We drove by Quail Lodge several times and never thought that we could afford it since it is so nice and beautiful. He was staying at another place and we decided to check out Quail Lodge after his rate went up at the other place. To our pleasant surprise it turns out they do so much more for even less! The place is so warm and inviting. I am so thoroughly impressed with everything that they do and the prices that they charge. The food is great, the staff is great, everything about it is really great!

Sunshine

We are so glad to hear Quail Lodge was able to meet your needs. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to assist you further.

Safe and Comfortable

My parents moved in a couple months ago. The facility is well maintained, they enjoys the activities, and the staff have been nice overall. They say the meals prepared in the kitchen are pretty decent, but can be a bit bland sometimes. Not everyone likes a lot of spice though, so it is understandable.

Sunshine

Kristina, its great to hear your parents are enjoying their new residence and made the right decision choosing Quail Lodge. In addition to daily wellness and fitness classes, activities and chef-prepared food program, our all-inclusive community offers many other amenities and features for them to enjoy. Please let us know if we can provide you more information, or make your parents experience even better!

... pretty impressed with what they have to offer

At the time of a family emergency, in our time need they very quickly made a place for our mom to stay. They are very clean. I think they’re a good value, very much so! They are very accommodating and pretty impressed with what they have to offer. My mom didn’t partake of any of that activities, but from what I could see, they had a pretty good offering.

Sunshine

We are so glad to hear you are happy with your choice for your mom. If there is ever anything we can do to make your mom's experience even better, please let us know!

This would be the best plac...

This would be the best place for my parents, but the cost is too high. Everyone seems friendly. Residents appeared that they liked it there. A red flag raised up while we were leaving. I asked a resident if he likes living here, and he stated 'I would be careful'

finding a place for a veteran

i really loved the tour of your great facility and i love all the great things that your facility has to offer. i wish there were more places like yours around so people can live in a better place.

Sunshine

Shelby, thank you for you for taking the time to review our community and we are pleased to hear how much you liked your visit. We hope others will have the same experience at Quail Lodge and make us their new home.

Nice community. Very friend...

Nice community. Very friendly. Staff available to answer questions. Managers live on site. CONS: Location. Hot weather. Third party sourced out for residential additional needs.

Sunshine

We are happy to see you experienced our friendly staff and managers who live on-site, providing an extra sense of security 24/7. It sounds like you visited Antioch during a hot spell, and hope this was not a deterrent. As an independent community, we do not provide nursing, so encourage residents to outsource help as needed. If you would like to revisit Quail Lodge, or Antioch area, we would love to have you for lunch to further experience our community.

Quail Lodge is an affordable all-inclusive retirement community, located in beautiful Northern California, just minutes from shops, restaurants and hospitals. A Sunshine Retirement Living Community, we offer a variety of amenities to simplify your life, including three chef-prepared meals daily, on-site beauty salon, fun daily activities and free transportation, so you can all enjoy today and look forward to tomorrow!

At Quail Lodge, we believe you deserve to enjoy a carefree lifestyle surrounded by warm and caring managers, staff and residents. We pride ourselves on offering you choices that allow you to live your life the way you want. It’s a simple concept that means you can take control of your time, find comfort in your surroundings, and be part of a community of friends and neighbors.

In addition to the beautiful grounds and outdoor walking path, Quail Lodge residents enjoy the finest benefits in our affordable community, such as: *Chef-Prepared Meals: Enjoy three home-cooked meals are prepared daily by our chef, served at your table in our dining room. Invite your friends and family in for special occasions and dinner in the private dining room!

*Fun Social Activities and Outings: Access a full activity calendar including: Games, Exercise, Wii Bowling, Bingo, Movies and much more!

*Transportation: We offer local transportation for shopping trips, doctor’s appointments and other scheduled activities and events!

*Weekly Housekeeping Service: Enjoy your own personal housekeeper who will clean, vacuum, do light dusting, change your linens and bring you toilet tissue weekly.

*Caring Live-In Managers Available to You 24/7: You’ll have peace of mind knowing that our mangers live here too. Each apartment has an emergency communication system and we have security round the clock.

We would love the opportunity to show you around our beautiful community. Please contact us to schedule a visit and join us for lunch!