Care and comfort

We are very happy with the care at this community. The staff has been caring and friendly. We like knowing that the community is clean and well maintained. They have a good variety of healthy meals on the menu. The activities are helpful. We would recommend that families tour this community for the good care and value for a loved one

I think the facility is perfect. The staff is friendly and caring. They are also engaging with the residents.

Nice apartments

This place is a very large and spacious community with a lot of residents. It has nice apartments with lots of amenities. The staff is very nice and seem willing to go above and beyond to make the residents seem at home.

Very nice, but expensive.

Come by for a tour to see for yourself how happy the people are here!!

Montecito is great. The residents are awesome. The staff are caring and helpful.
The food is sufficient. Lots of choices with a five week revolution to choose from. I'm happy & feeling grateful to live at Montecito.

This place is just gorgeous.

This place is just gorgeous. I used to come and help put together scrapbooks with seniors and other activities here. It was gorgeous. When it came time to find a place for my loved one we looked at it. It was quite a bit more expensive than what we were looking for. But when it comes to how clean and friendly they are, I would live here if I could.

Stay very far away....

I would not take a loved one here ever. They are understaffed, lie, and as far as I can tell have about 0 compassion for those in their care.

They will suck you in with their schpiel and then take your loved ones hard earned savings, while not caring a lick for your loved one.

Stay away - very far away from this awful place. I swear they sped up the death of my father.....

Large, active community!

My mother in law and I toured this beautiful facility as a possible new home for her. It was very nice, the staff was gracious and friendly. The apartments were spacious and bright. In the long run, the reason for not choosing this facility was two fold. My mother in law needs a lot of help and we felt it was important to have a dedicated care manager (the same person every day). We were told that at Montecito Oakmont that the care staff rotates and that the resident would not have the same care manager every day. The second reason was the sheer size of the place. My mother in law felt it was just too large a community for her. She's a bit of an introvert and wanted to live in a smaller, more intimate environment. This community was a close runner-up. I would think that an active senior, who didn't require too much care, would love Montecito Oakmont!

Placing Mom in a Memory Care Facility

It was a hard decision to place Mom in the next level of care --Memory Care. I visited several places and decided on Montecito. They were very informative and answered all my questions and concerns. I dropped in/out several different times to see how they handled their people.
I was very pleased to see how they took pride in caring for each of their special needs. They always have time to be their for them. When my mother wants to go out and take a walk someone takes her out for a walk. I sleep better at night knowing Mom is in a SAFE environment and somebody is watching out for her. Mom must be happy as she doesn't call me as often.

Too Spread Out and Too Expensive

That was too spread apart for me. There were very long halls to walk and it was up there price wise. It was definitely more expensive than the place we chose. The staff was kind of friendly.

It's a beautiful place

We looked at several other places in Northern and Southern California, there were closer facilities, but we chose Montecito Oakmont Senior Living because of its surroundings and the people who work there. It is a beautiful place and everyone there seems happy. We had a great experience with the medicine room. If there has been any issue the staff has been great, totally working with us. I just had a good feeling about Montecito Oakmont, they recently replaced the Senior Director who had given us our initial tour and the new one is just as nice and greets us when we visit and is friendly with both family and residents.

Montecito Oakmont was and remains my number one choice for my mom.

I visited four of the ten communities recommended by a Place for Mom. Montecito Oakmont Senior Living was by far my favorite. This is a community that has retired, assisted and memory care available. My mother is in assisted living but it is comforting to know that if the need arrives she can get memory care with out going to another community. The presentation of this community is one of a resort hotel. It is beautiful inside and out. There is plenty of parking so when I visit or frinds visit there is someplace to park the car. There is a large yard courtyard park in surronded by the buildin wings. A pool and spa with bathrooms for convenience and for changing clothes at the pool. There are multiple activity rooms, a theatre, a library. Lots of activities, friendly staff, just lovely. I told my mom that Montecito Oakmont is were I would want to be.

Michaela was fantastic! Mo...

Michaela was fantastic! Mom really liked her - maybe 3rd place of all we met - and really everyone we met was superb in different ways. Beautiful space, loved almost everything about it but maybe too far away from SF for ease of visits to Mom. Seemed to be the biggest one we saw, large hallways, POOL!!, amazing courtyard spaces. Really well done. Nice that it's privately owned. Keeping this as an option though not ideal...but we get that sacrifices will need to be made in one direction or another.

Best bet yet.... Nice courtyard and ...

Best bet yet.... Nice courtyard and year round heated swimming pool, and balcony/patios with units a big plus for Mom.

Nice size floor plans. Partial kitch...

Nice size floor plans. Partial kitchens (no ovens in some units). Daily rate that increases depending on floor plan and level of care required (approx. $149/day for one person). Attractive and clean. Nice outdoor space, swimming pool, outdoor fireplace.

Not top neighborhood,Clayton Rd is no...

Not top neighborhood,Clayton Rd is noisy - but good facility.

This facility is set up too much for ...

This facility is set up too much for independent living than I would like for my mom. I worry about the mini-kitchens and such and would prefer something with more combined facilities for dining and activities that would engage my mom more.

Montecito is a premier retirement community situated on a lush five-acre campus with views of the rolling hills and direct access to Galindo Creek and Newhall Park. Montecito provides quality, comfort and a continuum of care with five-star services and amenities. Here, an active lifestyle promotes independence which is enhanced by an array of services tailored to suit your needs. We offer seven different floor plans all featuring nine foot ceilings with crown molding and private balconies.

If there is ever a need for additional care, we offer Assisted Living and Memory Care services right within our community. Our highly trained staff are hand-selected for their skills and previous experience and on the basis of their personal characteristics. Compassion, creativity, flexibility and a warm sense of humor are traits we consider essential in our staff members.