Cortona Park - Brentwood, CA

The staff appeared friendly. Community seemed older, but improvements were being made. Liked that it had a pool. Also had a slight smell to it. Liked that the residents were planning a fundraiser for a charity.

Not the right fit afterall

I was here for about 2 months but decided to move back home. This place was kept clean daily. The food wasn't bad they would just run out of it sometimes. They did have other options. The staff was nice and helpful. I just needed a service they couldn't provide. I would recommend this community for a more active person.

My visit

This is a large community and I think it would be wonderful for younger residents. The community is clean and the staff I met were friendly. I would suggest taking a look at this community.

She's happy there but..

She's not really delighted with the food. She doesn't like how bland it is. She said the housekeeping does an adequate job but it could be better. Those are the only two complaints she's had. She's getting involved in activities and seems happy. We chose this community because it is close to family and makes visiting easier.

Meals need improvement...

The staff at this community are more than pleasant. The place is very nice, the only thing I could complain about is sometimes when she goes down for dinner, she's forced to sit at a dirty table, which seems like a health issue. Every time I go and speak to them about it, they just have a bunch of excuses. The food choices, although it's all day dining, are not so good. The good food choices, like beef, is very hard and hard for the older people to chew. Other than that, the cleanliness for the rest of the community is great, they offer a variety of activities for her to make new friends and get to know the residents.

Like it so much I moved in [Removed]

Friendly, welcoming staff

Our experience with Cortona Park has been a very good one! The staff here is wonderful, they're all very nice people. They are welcoming, helpful to families, and very professional. You can tell they really care about the people that they take care of, they know everyone's name and you always see them talking to the residents when you visit.

Very nice place, friendly people!

Overall our experience with Cortona Park has been a good one! There are a lot of friendly people here, everyone from the aides to the kitchen staff have been friendly and welcoming! My one complaint would be that I think they could afford to have the carpets cleaned more often, especially near the cafeteria and elevators. But other than that it's a very nice place!

Very nice looking place!

We toured this community and thought it was very nice! We actually decided to move our loved one in here, unfortunately that didn't end up being a possibility due to some unfortunate circumstances. But what we saw of the place was very nice. It is a clean, well kept place, and the staff are all very friendly. It is definitely worth a look if you're looking for senior living in the area.

Everything is exceptional at Cortona ...

Everything is exceptional at Cortona Park. My mom is very happy, and I am pleased with the care they provide, cleanliness of the facility, friendliness of the staff, activity options, and services they provide.

Can't Go Wrong Here!

It's absolutely perfect the whole place. It's run beautifully. They're very friendly. They know everybody by name and I don't know how many people are total here, I think about 150. This place was build for senior living, not a building that people jumped in and converted it for senior living. Brookdale is the one who runs it. You can't go wrong here - it's great! I think there's a waiting list started.

There are tons of activities - they just had the last pool party of the year. The have Wii bowling and I play bridge. They have all types of games and puzzles and all sorts of community interaction which is good. I also really like that everybody has a washer/drying in their apartment so you don't have to try and beat people to a laundry room.

I wish I moved my mom out sooner!

It was horrible. If you're not completely independent it's not for you. The care is horrible. It had been 13 days and my mom still hadn't gotten her medication yet - the staff is not trained well. When they have to give meds out, the caregiver to resident ratio is like 1 to 50.

If you're independent, it's a great place to live but for care it's not good. My mom was there a year and half and I wish I had moved her sooner. It was like they were trying every which way to get rid of her. My mom was coming back from a hospital stay and you have to be evaluated before you go back and I let them know that my mom would be discharged soon. They said that I would have to put her up in a hotel and wait 4 days for someone to evaluate her but she was not allowed to go back to her residence. That happened twice.

Cortona Park provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale’s signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

We promise Respect for Individual Preferences by offering personalized care needs and providing an atmosphere that encourages each assisted living resident to live in health and longevity. We also offer special housing and care options for those who require assistance with the activities of daily living such as dressing, bathing and dispensing of medications. We offer graduated levels of care based upon the individual need of residents, as determined by our continual assessment process. We are dedicated to enriching the lives of residents every day with signature services for those who value their freedom and independence, but desire or need services providing them with the highest level of quality, care, and value.