Sunrise Villa San Ramon - San Ramon, CA

Caring staff and nice facilities in a residential area

I'm doing this review to address the one-star rating below.
My in-laws are in this facility and find the staff friendly and helpful.

On Meals:
The dining room is for the seniors living there. However, if you want to eat in the dining room with your senior, you need to pay for the meal. They can't have any number of family come and just sit in the dining room taking up space. There are two seatings, which means every seat in the dining room is needed. It is also disruptive to the other diners to have groups of people coming in/out of the dining room.

We were visiting and my in-laws weren't hungry at dinner because we had taken them out for a late lunch. We went into the dining room during their usual meal time and asked for items from the menu "to-go". No problem. The order was filled and we brought the food back into their apartment to eat later.

Both my in-laws have not been sick since they have started living here. Before they had trouble remembering to eat and not wanting to bother cooking anything.

Housekeeping:
We've found that the facility is clean and the apartment is cleaned regularly, laundry done, beds made daily.

Facility/Grounds:
For the walk-able, a small Walmart/CVS are around the corner. Some rooms overlook a creek with deer and geese visible when we visited. It is located near the Iron Horse trail.
There is an enclosed courtyard off the dining room for wind protected outdoor sitting.

Excursions/Transportation
Although my in-laws just want to sit in their apartment, there are weekly shopping and field trip option weekly.

While my in-laws hate getting older and their physical limitations, they have thrived here. Cost provided $8000 month is for two persons/two bedroom/two bath apartment.

San Ramon - Sunrise Villa

Low income units are kitchenette only with microwave and small refrigerator..
The studio is so small it is depressing $2,310
move in fee is waived

The one bedroom is almost useless if he has to have a king size bed $2,763
We didn't take photos of them.
They don't have any availabe and the wait time is 1 or 2 months.

top 2 pictures are of a Studio 393 sq foot
It could work for Dad. $4,139 on special

The other photos are of the one bedroom approx 450sq
1 Bedroom priced 5,125
Does not qualify for low income
Room has full kitchen
Can be independent living or assisted
$29.00 per month cable

Move in fee is $3,500

The assisted living fees are staggered
Minimum CAre $1,035 per month 1-2 adl's
Moderate Care $2,070 per month 3-4 adl's
Maximum Care $3,135

cannot administer insulin shots
Set dining hours, salad bar, daily specials and set menus they can order from. Can take food to room but they charge to
deliver unless person is sick.
coffee, tea, water bar with fruit, pastry, and cookies
2 computers in library, students come in on Saturdays to help learn about them
bi-monthly -trips cache casino
Restaurant, shopping, movies, sports, and mystery bus trips, etc.
can not take him to livermore vet hosp
They have a 1 or 2 day visit he could do in that furnished guest apartment we took pictures of.

My tour guide, [name removed] was very nice and thorough. The facility is a bit older than others and they are undergoing remodeling right now. It was a nice facility.

The tour was excellent. [Removed] answered all our questions. Location is great,. However, the building is kind of old, but beautifully decorated.

The food left something to be desired...

My loved one's stay at Villa Sam Ramon is going just fine! The facility and staff are great, and they are taking great care of my loved one! My primary concern is that the food has left something to be desired. Other than this, I don't have many complaints about this facility!

Don't move here!

Do not move your aging parents or grandparents here! While the staff seems "nice" and "friendly" when your loved one is ready to move in, the staff is actually incompetent and rude to not only the residents but, to their family members as well. My grandmother resided in the Assisted Living section. When I went to visit her at meal time, the staff accused me of stealing her and other resident's food. They advised me that I was not "allowed" to sit with her at meal time, as there are a limited number of chairs and meals prepared. I did not come for the meal (which is crap!); I came to spend time with my grandmother. This "rule" should be changed and allow family members to spend time with their loved one at meal time, without having to take them to the larger dining room. If I'm not eating the food, I should not be required to pay to spend time with her.

One day at lunch, my grandmother's requested hot meal was somehow missed by the kitchen staff and she was served a cold turkey sandwich with a bag of chips. If you think your family is well-fed, think again. The so called "salads" are usually one - I repeat- ONE leaf of lettuce with some canned fruit on top. For the price you pay for your loved on to live here, you would think the meals would be creative and incorporate all food groups. They do not - the food is tasteless and extremely salty. Forget about asking for anything other than water - the staff will tell you that it has too much sugar and you aren't allowed to have it.

Hand-washing and personal hygiene is not a priority at Villa. My grandmother moved in with great health and now it is much worse since living here. Residents are not encouraged to wash their hands before meal time. Since the residents need additional assistance, they should be given hot sanitized towels before all meals to ensure influenza and other contagious symptoms are not spread throughout the facility. Instead, residents sit down and begin eating without washing their hands. This should be a top priority for this type of senior care facility.

The staff at Villa requires payment for any and all additional care or services. Half of the time, I question whether they are actually performing these additional services. My grandmother's apartment has gone weeks without being vacuumed or cleaned. Dishes remain the sink and the trash is not emptied for days at a time. Do not bring any valuable clothing to Villa, as the laundry staff may never return the items to your loved one. My grandmother's undergarments have gone missing, causing her to have to wear disposable adult briefs.

Residents are not encouraged to participate in activities, but rather to stay in their apartments alone. At this age, it is important for seniors to have social interaction and fun to avoid depression and loneliness. I attended an activity/performance with my grandmother at Villa and the residents looked like zombies. It was a musical performance and while I understand that some residents are immobile, others who are not were not encouraged to dance or participate.
The activities schedule needs to be revamped. Although some residents find it fun, bingo and knitting are not mind stimulating activities and do not encourage socialization. I think that the staff should spend more time encouraging residents to participate than socializing amongst themselves.

If you want to save yourself the headache and worry, avoid moving your loved one here at all costs.

Excellent Facility

Have been very satisfied with service I have received. Of the many facilities I looked at, I feel this was the best choice. Management tries to please you and food is good. I feel the caretakers are above average. Like anywhere, you still need to visit and check on things.

Villa San Ramon

Elegant, caring, truly supportive, excellent cuisine, all amenities, great location for shopping, doctors, hospital, fire station next door!

Very nice residential locat...

Very nice residential location and two-bedroom independent living units available!!! Very nice two-bedroom set-up, small but sunny with nice view. This place has a reputation for good food which is a big plus. The atmosphere when I entered this place was upbeat and it's close to Danville home. DEFINITELY SHOULD TRY IT OUT.

Very Clean

Everything is going very well so far! I would rate them very highly. They are working with us to make sure that my loved one is healthy and eating well. I really can't think of anything that would need improvement. We mainly chose them over the others because the facility was very clean, and the location was good for our family as well.

We are very p;eased with our home at ...

We are very p;eased with our home at Villa San Ramon!!! We have A NICE 2 BEDROOM APT,in a beautiful building surrounded by hills creeks etc but also a nice neighborhood and all facilities for shopping etc. There seem to be many planned activities but we are still busy moving in here and out of our home in Danville.However we feel at home here.

Best by far

They are a little expensive. They have a lot to offer. We looked at a couple of different places and they were by far the best. They just offer so many onsite activities and a van for transportation if needed. We are very pleased with them and would recommend them to anyone.

Very friendly staff with longevity. ...

Very friendly staff with longevity. Met a couple who had been there 10+ yrs. Good location. Toured twice. Same good feelings both times. Didn't like that assisted living ate independent the first time but on second tour the dining area was set up and it did look very inviting.

Attractive, appealing meal plan. Apa...

Attractive, appealing meal plan. Apartment floor plan didn't seem workable for us.

Visited this facility - it is definit...

Visited this facility - it is definitely in the top three. Discussed both Assisted Living and Independent Living with outside caregivers to come in.

Very nice, very lively, nice dining r...

Very nice, very lively, nice dining room. Allows small pets. Average age mid80s. Mix of indy/asst living. Good prices for one bedroom. Top pick so far. Close to Dublin senior center. Close to shopping.

Welcome to Vintage Villa San Ramon! Enjoying life at Villa San Ramon is easy. It shows in the smiles that are everywhere. Our residents take full advantage of exciting programs and outings, enjoy wonderfully prepared meals, and have every convenience of luxury accommodations. Since our opening in the summer of 1992, we have provided our residents the highest quality of care…. Supporting their dignity and independence with a comforting, caring and loving staff, all in a beautiful environment. Visit us at Villa San Ramon and experience our unique community and meet our staff and residents. Tours are available daily.

It’s a friendly, flexible environment that celebrates your individuality and nurtures your soul. We recognize that each new resident has a unique lifestyle. So we’ve tailored solutions to match: Independent Living, for our most active seniors. Assisted Living, when you need a helping hand. Short Term Care, for a respite or recovery period.

Serving San Ramon, Danville, Pleasanton, Alamo, Blackhawk, Castro Valley, Dublin and more East Bay cities in Contra Costa County area.

All options include: A safe, secure environment,compassionate, capable staff, busy days, rewarding activities, 3 chef prepared meals daily,scheduled transportation for errands, medical appointments and field trips and friendly people and a sense of community.

Shopping and Dining include extensive fine dining nearby, close to a major mall anchored with top tier department stores and specialty shops.

Medical options include San Ramon Regional Medical Center and all the resources of neighboring San Francisco.