Atria Walnut Creek - Walnut Creek, CA

Warm, Friendly Atmosphere

Atria Walnut Creek has been a very positive experience for us so far. My mother seems to be warming up to the community pretty well. I feel that the staff’s communication is good, They are flexible and willing to work with you, and that the atmosphere is very warm and friendly there. I get a feeling of genuine caring. The food is very good, and they have a lot of verity. It’s like a restaurant or a bistro, with breakfast all day and two menus. I also like that they have three choices of room available studio, deluxe studio, and one bedroom, so it is easy to find a suitable option. I’d certainly recommend Atria to others.

Enjoyable environment!!

I have no complaints about the tour I had taken of this community. The staff where on time to our appointment and made sure to answer any questions we had for them in detail. The property was clean and they had a lot of great amenities available to all of the residents. I would defiantly recommend it to anyone it was just not the right fit for my mom in the end decision.

The staff is outstanding!!

My mother is doing great overall, the atmosphere is very positive and the employees are outstanding. The meals are good, they have great choices, my mother has gained weight which is a good thing. Mom still has not been on any outings yet, but she has made friends during meal time and it has been a good experience for her.

Care and Comfort

I like the care from the staff at this community. We like knowing that the staff is very caring and attentive to his needs. The menu needs some small improvements. The community is very clean. We like knowing that they offer activities for the residents to participate and try to be active. We would recommend this community for the care of a loved one.

Tour for mom and dad

This was a nice tour for care. The staff was able to answer the questions. The community was not what we were looking for. We wanted a county atmosphere and not a building. They do have a nice variety of meals that would have been offered. I recommend that families tour this community for the care and the value of a loved one.

Nice community and good value.

My father moved here a month ago and things are going well so far. He is still adjusting so he isn't participating in the activities they offer yet but I hope they do. it's always clean when I visit and the staff is able to answer my questions. I have tried the food and it is okay. I chose this community because it was nicer and less expensive than most of the communities in the area.

Multiple levels of care so families can stay together

We moved both of my in laws here.When they moved in they were together but the community made a decision to move my mother-in-law because she is a dementia patient. I think they are doing a great job taking care of them. There has just been some adjustment needed because my father-in-law wasn't expecting to be separated.The community has been very supportive during this transition.

My favorite!

We really liked the Atria Walnut Creek. The place was beautiful and all of the staff that we came into contact with were very friendly and accommodating. The reason we chose another community is because we could not afford this place.

This was a lovely place, very nice.

This was a lovely place, very nice. They were very helpful when we came to tour as well. Everyone was very nice. From what I saw I would give them a five for my tour experience.

Positive Experience

I think that they have done a great job. They are very conscientious and very friendly and attentive and I just think that they really have been good in all aspects. They were very helpful with the move-in. They keep me informed about what's happening, so all-in-all it's been a very positive experience.

Splendid but perhaps too expensive

So far, so good

Mom moved into Atria WC in January 2015. I had looked at a number of facilities, and this one just felt right the first time I stepped in the front door. It's bright and clean, and the staffers are friendly and helpful and appear to really care about the residents. They've done a lot of little things that made Mom feel better about the move (a special shout-out to Tony, whose helpfulness and patience are really appreciated). It was hard for her to leave where she'd lived for the last 40 years, but she agreed it was time, and the excellent food (not to mention not having to cook for herself) has been a real plus. Expensive, yes, but worth it. There is a wide variety of activities (including movies, discussion groups, exercise classes, performances, and games), and transportation to the nearby shopping center and to the local library seems efficient and well-run. It can be a bit chaotic and noisy at the moment, since they're engaged in a major remodeling and upgrade of the facility, but each completed project just adds to the appeal of the place. If there's one drawback, it's the paucity of visitor parking, but I've never had to park more than half a block away, and the proximity to John Muir Medical Center is a big plus. If you're looking for a place in the Walnut Creek area for yourself or a parent, you owe it to yourself to check this one out.

Memory Care at Atria Montego Heights.

I looked at this facility in the memory care section. It appeared to be very nice. However after reading some of the reviews saying their loved one was asked to leave when she/he became worse I was concerned. After talking with the administrators I also found that they weren't interested in having anyone who might become agitated. This is strange to me as this is common among people with dementia. Therefore I was not interested in pursuing a spot for my husband.

Good things at a reasonable price!

Mom has lived here for 1 year. All in all, we're quite happy with the choice, understanding that there are some "nicer" places but they would cost a bit more. The daily menu is pretty good, but the choice of pork vs. chicken gets boring, especially if your doctor doesn't want you to eat pork!
After living there for 3 months, we learned that 2 floors were going to be remodeled to accommodate dementia seniors. The good news is that mom won't have to move now that she has been diagnosed with dementia. She won't HAVE TO move, but if she does, she will be living at a similar location. Finally, the secondary reason why mom likes Atria is that they allow residents to have pets -- dogs. That was very good news because her dog of 18 years died about 10 days prior to living at Atria. I'd give it a 4.

I'm Happy With My Mom Living There

I liked the facility. I think they do a good job in trying to get my mom involved in stuff. Everyone has their particular issues with caring for a loved one. My mom had some real bad health issues earlier in the year so she's been having a hard time. In the beginning of the year she was pretty independent but now she really requires a fair amount of care but I think they do a great job of watching her and making sure she comes out and participates in some of the activities which is something that I emphasized as important to me.

She says the food is fine. For me, the portions are a little bit small but being a middle aged man, I guess my appetite is bigger than the residents'. It in a nice area out in the suburbs with a nice tree line.

LaDawn K.

Thank you for your feedback on our community. I’m so glad to hear that your family has been pleased with our staff and service to our residents. I would like to assure you that those who live with us can always order additional items in our dining room. We want to make sure that our residents are satisfied with their meals, both the options offered and the quantity provided. If we can be of further assistance, please contact us at [removed] and be sure to include the Atria community name in your subject line.

A Lot of Staff Turnover

There a 157 residents and you have high turnover because the salaries are low. That was probably the biggest problem is the turnover from the director down to the kitchen help. The elderly become kind of frightened or lonely because all of a sudden people that they're used to and comfortable with are gone. That's what I noticed. You never know who to go to with a problem because the staff is always changing. It's like they have too many people there than staff. It was great for a while and then something happened in the last two years and then they had this horrible amount of turnover. It's great for the independent person who has an active life outside the facility.

LaDawn K.

Thank you for your review. We always appreciate hearing from our customers so that we can constantly improve the living and working environments for our residents and staff. Although we have had some transition in our community, I assure you that any changes that take place are in the best interest of our residents. I encourage you to contact us so that we can continue this conversation. Please email us at [removed] and include the community name in your subject line.

lunch was good; they had a ...

lunch was good; they had a Labor Day BBQ; we spoke to some people and they were friendly; some residents were Jewish; M thought interior was dark inside; the studio was small and we were unable to see a 1 BR but they are twice as big with two baths; staff were nice

Remodel is scheduled

They are scheduled to totally remodel and say it'll take about two years. Our loved one seems to like it, they get 3 meals a day and the food is good.

Atria Montoga Heights

It met many goals/desires for my mom and me. Like location and letting residents have a dog. Plus the price was right!

I think this is the place I...

I think this is the place I went into quickly. Mom was feeling wiped out so I went in and had a fast tour. It was ok, not as nice compared to what we've been looking at. Nice dining area and large theatre and activities area. Bingo board! Probably not gonna follow up.

LaDawn K.

We are excited to announce that our community is undergoing a complete renovation, and we encourage you to come visit us again to take a look at the new spaces our residents will soon enjoy. If we can answer any questions, please contact us at [removed] and include the Atria community name in your subject line. We hope to see you again soon!

Too expensive. Not sure if 4x day sli...

Too expensive. Not sure if 4x day sliding scale could be accommodated

LaDawn K.

Thank you for your post, and I would like to address your question so that those seeking senior living arrangements are aware. Regarding diabetic management, a 4x day sliding scale would require a nurse to assess the needs of the resident (based on their blood sugar reading) to determine what dosage of insulin to take (injection). We do not provide this type of care because it requires a nurse at least 12 hours a day, 7 days a week. If we can answer other questions, please contact us at [removed] and include the Atria community name in your subject line.

Mom is spending the month of August t...

Mom is spending the month of August there as a respite stay to see if it is a fit. So far, no towels in room, they did not do her laundry on Wednesday as their sign on room door indicated, and the bedside lamp does not turn on. I'm not sure they provide the level of care mom needs - but still 3 weeks to find out.

LaDawn K.

Thank you for sharing your concerns. I hope that the remainder of your mother’s stay with us was pleasant, and I will make sure that the appropriate staff have seen your review to ensure that any issues are corrected immediately. We are completely committed to making sure our residents and their families are satisfied with the service we provide, and we want to know when things are not as they should be. If we can be of further assistance, please contact us at [removed] and be sure to include the Atria community name in your subject line.

My favorite because it's facility see...

My favorite because it's facility seems to suit Dad the best. Alert device worn on the wrist.

LOVED it. Great vibes, people, staff,...

LOVED it. Great vibes, people, staff, layout, activities. Good apt location, dad likes that it's furnished. Lots of bang for the buck. Prob. won't find a better offering than this place.

Currently #1

Currently #1

As one of the most trusted senior living providers in the East Bay, Atria Walnut Creek has served families like yours for more than 10 years.

With a continued commitment to quality, they have just completed an exciting, full-scale renovation to enhance the beauty and functionality of the community, indoors and out. This includes the creation of an innovative new Life Guidance® memory care neighborhood, designed to meet a growing demand for dementia and Alzheimer’s care.

Residents now enjoy a host of upgraded amenities including more than 2,300 square feet of new living space, a completely renovated entranceway, new landscaping and outdoor patio, refurbished common areas, a new modern salon, bistro, private dining room, wellness and cognitive fitness center, and movie theater.

At Atria Walnut Creek, you'll find an active, vibrant lifestyle. A diverse social calendar encourages activity through live entertainment, regular sightseeing outings and continuing education classes. Lovely walking paths and a koi pond give you a quiet place to relax and enjoy the outdoors.

License #075600352