Brookdale San Ramon - San Ramon, CA

Brookdale San Ramon - San Ramon, CA has yet not published prices.

Too expensive. Starting price for a studio was $8,000/mo.

Looked pretty good

This looked like a nice taken care of community when I visited. The person that took us on tour was friendly. This community is larger than what we were looking for.

Brookdale San Ramon is VERY disappointing!

My Mom moved into Brookdale San Ramon [Removed] and it's been one thing after another since.

Employees unlocking her door and coming in without allowing my Mom to get to the door.

Employees coming into my Mom's apartment when she's not home.

Cold, dry, or incorrect food served.

Frustrating issues of what is included in Mom's monthly rent/services. One thing said and another thing done. Really upset my Mom.

Cancelled activities ALL THE TIME.

On poker night's my Mom can't play because it's "full".

Serious errors on her monthly rent invoice.

Mom's cleaning service barely cleans. My Mom cleans most of her own apartment and she's almost 90!

On the pro side - Mom has been medically looked after very well. They are always checking on her.

Mom's apartment is very cute and the perfect size for her.

My Mom NEEDS to be in a place like Brookdale, but I am having serious doubts that Brookdale San Ramon is the place for her. The building and her apartment are great, but as far as activities, food and follow through Brookdale San Ramon leaves A LOT to be desired.

Look beyond the pretty renovation

My mother has been a resident at this facility for over 4 years. She entered when it was Merrill Gardens, then purchased by Emeritus which resulted in the start of the downward spiral and now Brookdale. Brookdale San Ramon is a corporation and is run exactly like one. Management is poor, caregivers are wonderful but overworked and underpaid, food quality is poor, and the overall atmosphere is very dull and lifeless.
Don't be fooled by the recent renovation to make the place look "pretty and upscale." Look behind the closed doors of the rooms and you'll notice a vast difference. Old sliding doors, screen doors with no locking mechanism, dirty carpets, and no updated features in the room.
For an average of over $4000 per month the residents and families are not getting their moneys worth.

Great Tour!

My tour of the Brookdale San Ramon went well, The place was nice and the staff was all very friendly. The tour guide answered all of my questions. The only reason I was not able to choose this community was because of location.

Pay more and get less here

My mom has been a resident when it was Merrill Gardens, then Emeritus, and now Brookdale. Each transition has only included a reduction in services, quality, and management. The number of caregivers has been reduced to a level bordering on dangerous, food has gone downhill along with long wait times to be served because there is not enough hired staff, and services such as cleaning and transportation have suffered due to lack of staff. The only victims in all of this are the residents whose rent continues to increase along with their personal service rates. Management is clearly under tremendous pressure to cut costs. Also, don't be fooled by the recent renovations to the building. Pay more, get less is the motto at Brookdale-San Ramon. Morale is very low with residents and employees.

A nice independent community!!

Brookdale San Ramon was clean and the staff were nice during our tour. We did find out that this is more of an independent community and does not accept residents with mild cognitive impairment. The apartment we saw was quite nice.

The staff really looks after my mom. The caregivers and nursing/medical aide staff are great.
I only wish a facility like this could make the seniors do what the doctors all tell them, stay hydrated and move!! But no facility can force the residents to do that.
But they have had significant turnover in the dining room, and have had too many vacancies In key positions, but I see how everyone pitches in and helps where ever it's needed. Such team work. I certainly hope that the management is aware of it and let them know how much it is appreciated by the families.

great support staff

The support staff at Brookdale San Ramon is much better than a lot of places. The staff has been there a good while and they are very professional and good at what they do. I have had experience with a number of places like this, and the staff at this one is better than most.

The Fathers' Day meal was great!!!

Good Food And Independance

What my father enjoys the most is the patio attached to his room. The food is good and he likes that he can eat when he wants and sit where he wants. Everything is very good and want to thank a place for mom for a referral.

Their food is terrible.

My loved one lived here for a while. It was okay, but towards the end, the food really got terrible. Ultimately my loved one needed more care than they could accommodate. The food really got to be a big issue though.

Small, homey facility, many activities, a lot of effort to involve residents

I had a problem getting my mother over there. I think her first night was the night before last. We haven't been there for very long. They tried to encourage her.

I don’t think I can yet rate on value.

Everyone has been wonderful. I think that they have chosen people who are very personable, warm, and understanding.

We went through six places in the area. This was the best place. We like the small number of patients that they have. The place has more of a homey feel as distinct from an apartment like feel or a nursing home feel.

They were very attentive to our questions. The person in charge of the society is very kind warm, and I can tell that he runs a tight ship; he comes across as an extremely good manager, and keeps tabs on what is going on.

They have a lot of activities, but my mother hasn't had time to take part in any yet.

People introduced themselves and warmly invited her to participate in things, to feel her out about what she might like to participate in. Finally they hit on shopping and casinos, and she lit up. They really keep people busy. They cover a lot of different interests, and they also ask people what they might like to do.

The facility is beautiful inside with...

The facility is beautiful inside with bright colors and ample natural light. The residents are friendly and many have been at the facility for 5 or more years. Staff turn-over is very low and everyone is kind and caring. They work at welcoming new residents and assisting with the adjustment to a new residence.

Staff did not appear to be ...

Staff did not appear to be prepared. We had to wait about 15 minutes. Thought we were there at noon so we would be able to sample cafeteria food but was not offered anything. Building was very nice, well maintained. Not much outdoor space. Not many activities. Was impressed with food service. No mention of outside affiliations. Maybe should have visited during the week.

Sam Pollock

We are sorry to hear that your tour of our community did not meet your expectations. Unfortunately, our Community Relations Director was on vacation the week your tour was scheduled. Our concierge was more than happy to step in and take you on your tour, though it was noted that the tour could not start on time at noon due to a late arrival. We apologize that you had to wait 15 minutes for your tour to start, however, our concierge had to take her state-mandated meal break. I also see in our records that our Community Relations Director recently called you regarding your experience and invited you to come back for a second tour as well as lunch with the residents.

My Mom is Thriving There

We pay a little bit more but its' a smaller place so I think it's worth it, at least for my mom. They have three different sized one bedrooms and she has the mid-sized one. The care is great. They've actually helped a lot. When we first got her there she needed full assisted living and now she doesn't need any. They really helped to get her independent. She loves bingo, watercolor classes and the exercise classes. She's never in her apartment

I've been really happy with them. My mom was on the waiting list and had some falling issues and they took her into the studio unit and then helped us to get her healthy. She raves about the food there. She says it's like being on a cruise ship. Everybody is very nice. It's been an amazing experience for us. My mom has thrived.

Very nice place. 1/2 hr. d...

Very nice place. 1/2 hr. drive from home. Nice rooms, activities and eating facilities. Possibly too large for Mom to get around. I think rooms are available.

Visited this facility. Very nice, bu...

Visited this facility. Very nice, but very small balconies and rooms - options for living are a bit limited.

Very nice. Dining menu was amazing. I...

Very nice. Dining menu was amazing. In a remote location; a drive to get anywhere. Allows small pets. A bit pricey; less than Heritage.

I loved Merrill Gardens in Fremont. M...

I loved Merrill Gardens in Fremont. My Concern with them that its like an appartment. I don't like the fact it has a stove. Merrill Gardens would of been my first choice a couple of years ago.

Too expensive.

Too expensive.

Brookdale San Ramon is a luxurious assisted living community in San Ramon, California. Our community, located in Contra Costa County, boasts stunning views of rolling hills and an abundance of wildlife. Our residents appreciate the peacefulness of country living combined with the convenience of nearby several shopping areas, movie theaters, golf courses and medical facilities. San Ramon is an energetic city, home to several large corporations. It is proud to have earned the title Tree City USA.

Featuring a renovated downtown area, several parks and a temperate climate, San Ramon is a popular retirement destination. Brookdale San Ramon provides personalized care services that meet the unique needs of each resident while encouraging independence. Our residents enjoy private apartment accommodations that help them maintain independence and individuality, while they take advantage of community life with a packed activities schedule and inviting common spaces.

Brookdale San Ramon is highly regarded as a premier senior community in the region, highly regarded for the quality of life enjoyed by our residents. Services and amenities at Brookdale San Ramon include:

Scheduled transportation services
Housekeeping, laundry and trash removal
Any-time dining in our restaurant-style dining room
A holistic approach to care that provides a true sense of self and individuality
Library with computers and Internet access
Private dining area for family celebrations