Westmont Living of Brentwood - Brentwood, CA

Great Memory Care

Because my aunt is in the memory care area, the fee for her care is quite expensive. The staff team is good and everybody knows their job. If you call the main desk they know exactly who to transfer you too. [Removed] the main director is very responsive; if I leave a message he gets back to me at a reasonable time. I wouldn’t have to wait 2 days or anything. The way that he sign you up there is very organized and he knows his job. I rate everything a ten, it’s a very clean place, the girls are sweet, and they take good care of the residents. One complaint I would say would be toward their food. It’s horrible except for specials days like Thanksgiving or Christmas. I think that could use improvement.

Tammy Lee

Thank you for the great review. We appreciate you taking the time to leave helpful feedback and we are so happy that our team is meeting your expectations. We have alerted the staff with your concerns about the food & wanted to let you know that we are currently working on a brand new menu for 2018. Sincerely- Westmont Living

Memory Care Unit Really Needs Improvement

My review is for Memory Care. Unfortunately I would not recommend placing a family member here. There are times when the unit is understaffed and they call in temp help who are not adequately trained.
Currently they are trying to hire a director and have had no success in doing so.
As for activities, residents are often taken to the activity room and placed in front of the TV. The current activity director needs to do a better job of planning actual activities.
The management need to step up and make sure that our family members receive the care that they deserve!

Tammy Lee

Thank you for alerting us to your concern with our community. I'm sorry that you have been subjected to an experience that did not meet your expectations. We pride ourselves on responding to customers' concerns very quickly, so rest assured your comments are very important to us.
We have spoken to the team about your concerns and we thank you for your input. Please do not hesitate to let us know if you have any additional concerns. We are happy to help and welcome you to contact us any time. We value all of our Residents and Families. Thank you, Westmont Living

Horrible

Very poor care in the memory care side. Residents aimlessly wander in and out of other peoples rooms. Residents are unsupervised. Their activities consist of putting the residents in the great room and turning on the TV. Poor quality food.

Tammy Lee

Everything is going well!!

I have no complaints of how things are going for my loved one since she has made the move into this community. The staff have been helpful and attentive to all of her needs to the best of there ability. She has had no complaints about the meals and enjoys participating in some of the activities from time to time. Overall it has been a great experience and I would recommend it to anyone.

Tammy Lee

Thank you for your positive review. We appreciate you taking the time to review our community. -Westmont Living

Just Too big

I felt that Westmont Living was too large for my father and I was concerned about the care in the Memory Unit. I felt it was geared more towards Independent and Assisted Living.
The cost was also a concern for me, as your loved ones care and the needs for that care would determine the cost of their stay there as well.
I was also concerned because I would have had to furnish my dad's room and many of his daily amenities as well.
It was clean and nice just too big.

A nice place!

My tour of Westmont Living of Brentwood went very well. The place was beautiful and very well maintained. The staff was very nice and the tour guide was knowledgeable. I toured many communities and they were all very nice. It was a good experience.

Look at this community

The staff at this community were nice and knowledgable. The community was clean and I liked it. This community was hard to navigate as it is quite large so we did not feel it would be the right community for dad.

Outstanding Care

We like the care at this community. The staff are outstanding. The chef goes out of his way to make sure that the meals are good and healthy. He is participating in all the activites. We highly recommend the care and vlaue of this great community to other families.

Tammy Lee

Not really assisted living -- more for independent people

Where to start.

When we first visited the facility and talked with the marketing rep, we were given to understand this was an assisted living facility. But after a few months we found that their idea of "assistance" was pretty minimal. When my mom needed help and pressed her button, sometimes it would take over 1/2 hour for someone to show up. Not acceptable. Medication dispensing was a nightmare. The process was overly cumbersome and it seemed as if they were more interested in covering their own liability than they were giving the medication to my mom when she needed it. The food was horrendous. I had numerous occasions to eat with them and every time I was appalled. The staff was pleasant enough, but many were clearly under trained and actually did more harm than good when helping my mom. The facility was obviously understaffed and seemed to have a pretty high turnover rate, even in the short time we were there. Unless your loved one is very independent, I would steer clear of this place. In fact, I would just steer clear... period.

Tammy Lee

The staff is trying extremely hard to do everything they can!!!!

Mom had some challenges with her medication when she first moved into this community. We have since corrected this issue. I think they may be a little understaffed. She is not a fan of the food. They keep the community clean. I am not sure this is going to be a good fit for mom. This community is set up like a hotel and she is in a room away from the caretakers, dining room and group activities, so they are not able to hear her if she calls out.

Tammy Lee

Thank you for alerting us to your concerns. We appreciate your review & apologize that your experience was less than positive and did not meet your expectations. We pride ourselves in responding to our customers concerns to ensure we can make immediate corrections when possible. We have relayed the concerns directly to our team and would appreciate your time to further discuss any additional specific information that may help us resolve those concerns. We value all of our residents and families and your insight is of the up most importance to our Westmont Living family. - Westmont Living

If you are looking for a quiet community I would recommend this Westmont Living!

Westmont Living has been the perfect place for my grandma. She has lunch and dinner in the dining room and even though she is a picky eater she is still able to find something she likes. The staff are very friendly and know us by name they also give us updates on how my grandma is doing. Although she does not participate in any activities at this time there is a wide variety. The cost is a lot less than others but the care is the same.

watch your wallet

Westmont of Brentwood is a good place at both the assisted living and the memory care facilities. The food is good on the assisted living side, but has a lot to be desired at memory care. My mother has been living there for three years. The caregivers are amazing. The one important issue I am having with them is their executive staff has gone thru four directors, three office managers/accountants, and three directors of community services (the administrative nurse). Westmont has owed my mother money for months, but wont pay while they demand payment for services in advance each month. The monthly invoices are incorrect as if they dont charge enough already. Its a great place to stay but be aware of financial inconsistencies.

Happy w/Westmont

Westmont Living was a great experience for my dad and for our family. The aides were caring and helpful. The food was great! Our dad only survived 1 week - but the facility was genuinely caring and helpful.

Tammy Lee

Have been to Westmont 3 times now. Toured the assisted living apartments and had lunch in the dining room. Was not impressed the food was terrible, I've had better tasting, quality and presentation at Black Bear Dinner. Very outdated facility.

Memory care went there 2 times, just saw people sitting around. Was told both times on our visit that my parent could go there. Well then they called week later and said no he couldn't go there. Then received another call next day and said yes.
At this point I questioned their LVN as to why all the going back and fourth she was apologetic but really couldn't give me any answers. I'm glad we didn't go there, because after touring other facilities, I saw the staff interacting with the people that live there.

Brookdale and Sunol Creek Ridge are great facilities and they both have accepted him.

great experience

Dad was on the dementia side, and they went out of their way to help him out and do the right sort of activities for patients with mental illness.

They took us by hand through the transition from not knowing what we were doing to getting set up and it was a very smooth transition. Dad always had a fear of living in a place like this, but it was nothing like he feared, but was rather a very pleasant atmosphere.

Tammy Lee

Very friendly and personable staff

Things have gone well overall at Westmont Living of Brentwood! It's a nice looking place, and always very clean. The staff are very personable, and they really seem to get to know each of the residents as an individual. They have a lot to provide for the people who live here, and they even do a good job with the food!

They were very helpful!

They were very helpful! I like the looks of the facility. The staff is very friendly. I think my father will adjust just fine there, though he has only been there a short while and is still getting acclimated at this point,

Tammy Lee

Clean, with friendly, helpful, attentive staff.

So far they are right in the middle. The room they said would be available wasn't available until a month and a half later. They may have been overly optimistic with their assessment of when it would be ready. Overall the staff is very friendly, and helpful, they seem very attentive. I haven't had any issues with the staff. It's as clean as it can be. I'm a little disappointed that it's taken so long for the room to become available. But other than that, and in the long run, I think I will be very happy with them.

Tammy Lee

15 minutes from home. Not t...

15 minutes from home. Not the most scenic site but the facility looked very nice. The shared bedrooms here were superior to both Cypress and The Commons. Square shaped layout similar to The Commons. One thing to note, much like when my mom was at Westmont of Morgan Hill, the reviews tend to indicate high turnover from the directors down and minimally trained staff. May look great but this is a problem.

Tammy Lee

Thank you for your positive review. We appreciate you taking the time to review our community and have alerted our staff about your concerns. -Westmont Living

Good place to be

I think it’s pretty reasonably priced. Everyone is very nice. I feel my mother is well taken. I have eaten there several times and the food is very good. There are outside areas for residents to use. There is enough parking. My mother says that she’d like to be home, but if she had to be some place, this would be a good place to be.

lackadaisical

They overlook a lot of things. Even though they’re supposed to be watching over the people there. They neglect things unless it’s brought to their attention – if you want something done, you have to remind them, but then they would do it. The housekeeping staff, in particular, was very lackadaisical.

Tammy Lee

A great place for Mom and Dad!

My mother had broken her ankle back in March of this year. With surgery and a stay of a month at a nursing home, I needed a place to give her more time to heal. I got a hold of a place for Mom, they gave me several options in Brentwood and ended up picking Westmont Living of Brentwood. Needless to say I made the right choice. They had offered what is called a respit, where you stay to heal from surgery or just need a place for them to stay while you are on vacation. From the outset I had been impressed with the caring nature of the caregivers there. I never saw one person, not one who did not have a smile on there faces. Every single caregiver at this facility was happy asked how your day was going and was truly interested. All the residents looked engaged and happy. There are many activities that are offered and they really try and get everyone to join in. I was content and new Mom was in a safe and happy environment. Mom is home now but I will be bringing her back for visits. They do not offer the respit anymore and I'm truly sorry they don't, since I do travel a few times a year and would have loved for her to stay with them. When it is time for her to move from our home, she will be going there. Her words! That's if they have room.

Very friendly community!

We've been very happy with the service here! Everyone is so friendly, and the staff are warm and welcoming. The facility itself is very nice looking, and they always keep it very clean. The food is also delicious!

Tammy Lee

Arnold is approaching 101 and likes W...

Arnold is approaching 101 and likes Westmont.
He seems to have made the adjustment to a new home without any problems. Staff are friendly and the facility is well maintained.

Tammy Lee

Westmont of Brentwood is probably OK ...

Westmont of Brentwood is probably OK for seniors who require an independent living situation or small level of assistance. The facility is clean and well-maintained, and the food is good. However, Westmont is the corporate operator for an independent owner. There have been three executive directors in a year, although the current director is very good and committed.
On the care side, much leaves to be desired if the resident is moderately impaired mentally or physically. Family members should carefully understand how much authority and trust they are giving the facility for medical and care decisions. Personal care assistants are minimally trained and turnover in staff is frequent. Medical technicians also receive little training, but have the authority to contact the residents' medical providers without the knowledge of the family. Ambulances are called for minor falls and illnesses, resulting in unnecessary emergency room visits, increasing the stress and costs on the families. Once at the hospital, the resident is on their own to figure out how to get home.

Positives and Negatives

My mother's only been a month and a half. They have an extremely friendly staff - that's their best point. The care is excellent. If anything, my mother finds it intrusive because people are knocking on her door all the time and coming in especially the first month while they're getting to know what her needs are. She's a very private person but she's accommodated her self to it. They come in to giver her meds and to check to see if she wants to come down to lunch. In other words, they're being proactive about integrating her into the society there which is great.

They do have activities but I think they could have more. I don' think that's their strong suit but their staff is superb. The food is very institutional which is a shame. It's an excellent deal, financially, and the apartments are large and varied - many different configurations.

Tammy Lee

Thank you for your review. We appreciate you taking the time to review our community and we have alerted our staff about your concerns. -Westmont Living

Satisfied So Far

We seem to be satisfied with everything so far. It was less than we were going to be charged at the skilled nursing facility and this has more of a life there. That's one reason we chose it.

The care is pretty good. There's only one nurse there so sometimes there's mix ups, if a doctor changes orders they don't always catch it right away but that all got straightened out. My mom has dementia so inconsistencies kind of screw her up but it's not that big a deal.

In her words, she not that big of a joiner but she loves the bingo. They change things around so she gets confused. There's a calendar but that's not always correct. As far as other activities, I imagine she'll join in. She's only been there a couple months. She really likes it now and it's about 5 minutes away from my house so I can get there quickly if anything happens.

Tammy Lee

Come for a while or stay for a lifetime...

When it comes to searching for a senior living community for yourself or a loved one it can often feel daunting. You want cutting-edge care in a friendly community that feels completely like home. You also want the peace of mind that comes with knowing you've placed trust in the right hands. Finding the balance between modern technology and a comfortable homelike setting can be the biggest challenge in selecting the perfect place to spend your days.

Westmont of Brentwood offers retirement living, assisted living, memory care, and respite care in Brentwood, California. We offer comfortable, attractive residences coupled with engaging activities and events so that you or your loved one is assured of well-being, attentive care and a life lived to its fullest capacity each day. We offer all of the modern accouterments you would expect from a cutting edge senior living facility while providing the highest standard of care for our residents. You'll find that our staff truly cares for each and every resident.

At Westmont of Brentwood, we have years of experience providing excellent senior housing and senior care in beautiful, comfortable surroundings. Come and see how much Westmont of Brentwood feels like home. You'll see as soon as you step foot onto the Westmont of Brentwood Senior Living campus, you'll know this is where you or your loved one belong.