The Commons at Dallas Ranch - Antioch, CA

Large newer facility. Very attentive senior staff. Good mix of tenants not all disabled. Memory care onsite. Apartments nice and great location. Good meal and dining well run and one load of personal laundry a week. Nice place that got a nod from my dad and made me feel comfortable as well. Fantastic well done tour

Care for dad

this is a great community for my father. We like the staff and the cleanliness of the environment for my father. The staff are outstanding and always attentive to his needs. We like knowing that he is active and doing well here with the other residents. We would recommend other families to this community for the care of a loved one.

MBK Senior Living Home Office Representative

Thank you for your kind words. We’re so pleased to hear you had such a positive experience at The Commons at Dallas Ranch -- and that your father is receiving outstanding care, enjoying the activities and socializing with other residents. As part of our company purpose, we strive to exceed the quality, service and care expectations of those we serve. Thank you for sharing your experience and the lovely recommendation.

Mom's dog got to come too

My mom and her dog are settling in very nicely, she has a real nice 2 bedroom with a porch. The staff here are great their friendly and attentive to all the residence. There are lots of activities and special events for those residents who want to join. Mom likes going to the dining room and being with the other residents but she's not too crazy about the food as she's a good cook herself.

MBK Senior Living Home Office Representative

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We're pleased to hear your mother and her furry friend are feeling at home at The Commons. Thank you for your kind words about our friendly and attentive staff and robust activities calendar. We'd love to hear from your mom on how we might improve the dining options to better meet her standards. Please don't hesitate to speak with our Executive Director.

Individual and Personalized Care at it's Finest!

The Commons is a wonderful place for your loved one to live. The level of respect from Executive Director, Business Manager, Nurse, Bus Driver, Med Tech, Activities Director, and everyone else that i have come in contact with that works there, is incredible. They are humble and kind, and go above and beyond to make sure the residents are nurtured and well cared for. It has an atmosphere that feels like home, where everyone treats you like family. They offer individual and personalized care to enrich the resident's mind, body and spirit.

They also go above and beyond to make sure the families of the residents are well cared for as well. If you are looking for a place to put a loved one so that you can feel comfortable and confident THE COMMONS AT DALLAS RANCH is the place. Alberto is the ED who is professional, curious and an excellent communicator. He always gets right back to me and makes every effort to accommodate my questions or Mother-In-Law's needs. It is clean, organized, spacious with a professional and loving staff. The rooms are light and airy, the food is healthy and nutritious. They also offer a menu that is available for residents to order from outside of the scheduled meals. They will even deliver meals to your room if needed. They offer Bingo, on-site shopping, movie nights and have a private room to reserve for private gatherings. If there is an activity that is not currently being offered that a resident would like to do or have available on site, they will make every effort to make it happen. There is also a salon so residents can have their hair and nails done right there. They offer all levels of assisted living as well as a separate and secure memory care wing.

I feel so comfortable knowing my Mother-In-Law is safe and secure with thoughtful and caring individuals to help her anytime she needs it. We looked at many places before deciding on The Commons at Dallas Ranch. We are so glad a room opened up for her, because they rarely have openings. I highly recommend The Commons.

All Bad Nothing Good To Say

We had to take my mother out of this place it is horrible. Do not make your judgments based on appearances because we thought this was a good place but we were wrong. The staff was not aware and not prepared for moms arrival. The staff was not interested in going over her medications. There is not enough staff to look after the resident's property. They have had an epidemic of flu twice where the community had to be quarantined for 21 days so that tells you how clean the place is. Our personal experience was horrible

Great place!

We loved the tour of The Commons at Dallas Ranch. It is a very pretty and nice community. The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable. The only reason we did not choose this community was there were no openings.

MBK Senior Living Home Office Representative

Thank you for visiting The Commons at Dallas Ranch. We're so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience and found the staff to be friendly and knowledgeable. We're sorry we couldn't accommodate you at this time.

My parents live in the Memory Care unit and pay a premium to be there, however, the staff never reminds them about any activities. Also, the shuttle is suppose to be available on Thursday for doctor appointments but when my parents make an appointment on Thursdays they are told the shuttle is giving a tour and is unavailable. They have to continue to re-schedule the doctor appointment.

The manager is rude and does not give you the full story about the Commons even when pressed to do so.

A good tour!

My tour of The Commons at Dallas Ranch went very well. The place was beautiful and very well maintained. The staff was very nice and the tour guide was knowledgeable. I toured many communities and they were all very nice. It was a good experience.

MBK Senior Living Home Office Representative

How wonderful to hear! Thank you for sharing your experience. We appreciate your kind words about our community and that you found your guide knowledgeable and friendly. If you have any questions as you explore your options, please don't hesitate to call us.

1 week in - so far so good.

It's been a week today that we moved my Mom in but so far so good from the staff. My Mom was allowed to bring her dog (miniature poodle) with her which is a huge benefit. There was an opening in memory care at the same time my Dad died so poor Mom had her whole life upended all at once. This is bad enough for anyone but for someone with advanced dementia it's been pretty traumatic. She seems to be settling in and the staff has been very kind and loving to all of us. We choose The Commons based on friends/clients experiences, proximity to our home and the ability to have her dog so we feel confident that Moms stay here will be a good one.

MBK Senior Living Home Office Representative

We're so pleased to hear that you're mom is settling in and feeling at home at The Commons. We are happy to have her and her furry friend living here, and are happy to be of service to you all. Thank you for your kind words about our community and staff.

Transitioning Mom and us!

First of all I would like to say this was a difficult situation for us emotionally. Anything dealing with parents and children is hard. In this situation there is always a certain amount of guilt you feel within yourself. But The Commons has taken that feeling away from us.

My mother is a very happy, fun loving person. No one is ever a stranger to her! From day one visiting The Commons at Dallas Ranch has been extremely easy. Everyone has been gracious and welcoming and made the transition a breeze. Mom has adjusted with complete ease and has been enjoying herself. One afternoon when I went to visit her, she didn't want to leave for her room for us to visit because they were having arts and crafts. Her comment to me was, "I can't go now I'm busy with my friends!" This was a major turning point for me as I realized right at that moment she was happy being with "her friends!"

Staff is very friendly and attentive to each individual. Always greeting me with a warm smile and a big hello, telling me what mom has been doing lately. Letting me know she has a great appetite and loves singing to the music! On another day I went to take some things to mom and the group was seated around a table listening to a book being read. The staff member started asking questions to the group of what she had just read and they were discussing that portion of the book. It was great seeing and hearing mom participate with the group.

My family and I are very grateful to the staff for their enthusiasm with mom and the others, being very caring and attentive to the needs of these loving individuals moving on to the next phase of their lives with grace.

A Good Tour

It is a very nice facility but seemed too busy for me. There are a lot of residents here and the rehab suggested to not put him in a full facility. We needed the best care at all times. The price was too much for his budget. The community has activities to enjoy. I thank A Place For Mom for helping us.

What a joke, you ask for genetal information but can not get any info until you give all your information, then they can't help you, why isn't general info just available...

They Treat The Residents Very Good

My mother's time at this community was great, we were very pleased. They keep the community very nice and clean. The staff was great to work with. They did care for her very well. She had a very good time at this community. They really treat the residents very respectful and kind. It was a great experience and I would recommend it.

Impressive, friendly facility. Dementia care unit is on the smaller side which is nice.

My Grandfather Likes It

They could improve on the food. They only have a few choices and it is mostly carbs. Not enough protein or vegetables. My grandfather really likes it. The staff knows the residents names and greets them well.

Respite Care for Mom

Dallas Ranch took care of my mother in law by providing excellent service at their facility during her short time there. The staff and residents were very friendly and helpful. She had a wonderful experience participating in their activities and she made many friends.

Administrative Department Could Improve

Everything has been fine except for the administrative end of it. Seems like the long-term care I have been trying to get for my mom, the paper work is getting lost and I have had to come down a number of times to get it figured out, so that could use a upgrade.

staff is very attentive

So far so good at The Commons at Dallas Ranch. Mom has had a few issues at the beginning but she is happy there. We are still going back and forth on price. It's on par with everyone else. The communication is pretty good here. I have no complaints from my mom. The staff is very attentive. They are doing there job thoroughly which I appreciate. Whatever sparks mom interest they seem to really encourage. There is some confusion with certain things. The issues are minor but for instance some of moms towels haven't gotten back to her after going to the laundry. Nothing major but just a few little hiccups. Overall I am pleased with the facility.

very pleased

They worked really well in getting my mother situated there and have done a great job coordinating her appointments and care. They keep her busy with various activities (and they have very good ones for dementia patients) which is very good. It is a very nice facility and I am happy to have her in there. The biggest goal here was to keep her safe, as healthy as possible, and as happy as possible, and they have done a great job in all these areas. I am very pleased with them.

I think they do a great job. We had a little misunderstanding about the clothing, but it was our misunderstanding and not theirs, so we got that squared away.

Good place, lots of activities

They are good people with lots of activities and mom has gotten involved and is comfortable there.

Seems like a nice place, overall

Overall I think they do a good job at The Commons at Dallas Ranch. It's a nice looking, well kept, clean community, and the people all seem very friendly. The staff is very pleasant, and they do a great job working with my loved one. They'll come in and do extended visits with her, and she loves being able to sit and talk with them. She hasn't quite settled in and complains to me fairly often, but I think they're doing the best they can to make her feel at home.

Appearances are deceptive

The management at the Commons of Dallas Ranch clearly places their emphasis on "appearances". The bad news is that appearances are deceptive. This facility looks great, but if you have a relative/loved one who lives here then you know the truth. The care, safety, security, and well-being of the residents is secondary any woefully deficient. The memory care unit is packed with as many people as possible and the staffing in completely inadequate to deal effectively with the needs of the residents. I applaud the job that the care givers are able to give, however the facility is so understaffed that they can not possibly meet the needs of the residents. This facility has slowly but surely become a "custodial" facility with no quality of care. Residents are stacked in a TV room and if care givers are occupied with a couple residents then they are left unattended. The quality of food has gone down significantly and now consists primarily of canned or quick fix processed food that is very unappealing. Do not put your loved one here. The management/owners are only interested in collecting hefty fees for inadequate services and the management is completely unresponsive to concerns.

Liked the grounds and area....

Liked the grounds and area. 5 minutes from my house. Square shaped layout. Smaller than Westmont. 3 1/2 stars. Reviews of this place worse than Westmont in terms of staff and management turnover.

Going Down Hill Fast

Lemon tree very pretty and the lemon flower sweet but the fruit of the poor lemon is impossible to eat pretty much sums up this facility. At one time the care was great, food wonderful but of late, especially since the new managment company came on board 6 months ago and the hiring of the new Executive Director Michael Cataldo it has gone into a tail spin. They are taking on residents who need more care but the staff is not being trainned. Once the resident become more work the fees they tack on are unbelievable. Once single rooms are now double. Dietary needs are not met and heaven help you if you progress in your problems such as dementia, mobility etc and need more assistance they do what they can to have you removed primarily by making the cost prohibitive.

Very Good Experience

We have been very impressed with The Commons! Our experience with them has been very good! We had heard negetive things about other places from a family friend, and we were pleased to see the complete opposite here! It is a very clean facility, and the staff were all very friendly! It reinforced that this was the right decision!

Didn't See Much Activity

That was a nice facility. What really impressed me was the lady that took us around was just exceptionally nice to my mom. The one thing that sort of bothered us though is that we went for a tour in the middle of the day but the place seemed to be just empty event though it was a larger facility in the middle of the day. It was a nice facility but the fact that there didn't seem to be people around doing things kind of bothered me.

Big, Less Intimate

We got a brief tour there. The person who was supposed to show us around got sick and we didn't know that so when we showed up someone else took us around. They were not as knowledgeable but they were apologetic. It was a bigger place and it being bigger made it seem a little less intimate.

This also looked nice: good area ...

This also looked nice: good area and the people we met were nice. I guess there is some question as to whether she could be on the second floor because of her mobility, but she walks around home all the time without any assistance (her walker or otherwise) so I think she could walk down 1 flight of stairs in an emergency. At the Commons there are no balconies. Also, the fridge at the Commons was full size (which I see as a bad thing because my mom really only needs to keeps snacks if she has 3 prepared meals a day in a dining room.) The one activity we say were people playing bingo for money, and my mom doesn't like to gamble at all. There are no doubt lots of activities, but that did come off somewhat negatively. My mom has mixed feelings about set dinning times. She likes the idea of eating when she wants, but the notion of going to a salad bar other people have pawed through for hours sounds yucky. I assume fresh food from the kitchen anytime would be fine with her--this is something we probably need to investigate further.

The Commons at Dallas Ranch is an assisted living facility located in Antioch, CA. We are here for our residents and have staff available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week in case of any emergencies. This helps our residents feel safe knowing that they have medical help in the touch of a button for each room comes with an emergency buzzer. We provide all meals to our residents with restaurant style dining. Here at The Commons at Dallas Ranch, we want our residents to feel right at home with our newer building. We have several amenities available to our residents. There is an exercise lounge, hydrotherapy spa, life enriching activities, and a country kitchen in center with TV. All pets are welcome to the facility, for pets can be a great sense of comfort. Our residents also don't have to fear about power outages for we have a large generator in case it's needed.