Carlton Senior Living Concord - Concord, CA

Tour was nice

We had a very nice tour and the staff was able to answer all our quests. The community looked nice but we felt that this just was not going to be a good fit for my mother.

Comfortable

The facility is very nice, close to stores, shops, parks & movie theatre. Lots of good restaurants near by.
However, food is provided here, sometimes people like to go out to a restaurant. They have a lot of activities to do, a nice variety.

Clean and Cooking too!

We choose this place for several reasons the location is pretty ideal. Cleanliness is also very important to us and this place is definitely clean. My mother is close to her friends, shopping, and the freeway! The staff is very nice and accommodating! Mom being a chef does not think much of the food but is very happy to have her own oven in her unit! She has been busy settling in and getting comfortable but she really likes the Thursday night social!

We Like It Here

My wife and I like it very much at this community. It is a clean place in all areas. The people are very nice. The food has improved, but it is not like home cooking. The staff really care about the residents and they do what they can for us.

Cozy feel and friendly staff

The facility and the grounds are beautiful. The building and the grounds are well maintained. When you walk in, it is bright with a cozy feel. The staff and residents alike are all so friendly and happy.

Chateau on Broadway

There is genuine care for the seniors that live here. Staff and tenants alike are friendly and helpful. There is a lot to do if you so wish or not if you don't want. There are a lot of stores and restaurants close by although it is probably wise not to walk around at night but during the day it is fine.

My mother is very happy and comfortable here. Residents & staff are welcoming and friendly.

This is a good place for my mother. Her eyes lit up the first time we pulled up to the building. Friendly and helpful staff to get us started and that has continued as she has become a permanent resident.

Very pretty

They have a nice garden.

Wonderful place!

Can't say enough about this place! The staff is wonderful, they have all kinds of activities for the residents to do, the apartments are clean and spacious. So glad we found Chateau on Broadway for my mom!

Pets Welcome!

Very clean and very nicely kept up, staff very supportive. Meals seem to be very small just ok but can get seconds. Activities are limited but extra fee can have dogs.

This is a place I would its sunny bright and g close to locations. Security first class and maintenance always on hand to take care of everything. Feeling like on a first class cruise ship.

does not provide medication management. great location though.

Very nice place!

Mom likes it a lot. It is great, and the people are wonderful. The crew looks out for her and they even make phone calls if they don't see her. Units are nice and good sized. A lot of them are recently fixed up, and there is a nice garden area there for people to sit in the summer. They have nice activities and good programs for people coming in to play music. They can drive her to appointments. They can take people shopping with a bus or smaller vehicle. The place is clean. VERY clean. Great deal for the money. Nothing else is close to it in the area for the value you are getting.

Chateau On Broadway Concord, Ca A Great Place

A wonderful place. My brother lives there and we are so pleased with the staff and service. This place gets 5 stars. Thank you Chateau on Broadway and your fantastic staff.

A Place For Mom & The Chataue On Broadway, Concord, CA.

The Chateau On Broadway is a wonderful facility. We kept, clean, and the staff is outstanding. Thanks to A Place For Mom, especially Ms. Erin Ruiz, CSA, Eldercare Advisor & Certified Senior Advisor we found this place. Erin was kind, considerate, and very professional. She paid close attention to all of our needs. Because of that everything worked out quite nicely and seamlessly. My elderly brother loves it. He is retired US Army, and there are a lot of other vets there as well. Breakfast and Dinner is served daily. There are weekly Menu's and bulletins for all sorts of activities to many to mention here. Dinner is served nightly on white table clothes and real china and silver. The other tenants are friendly and courteous. The apartment is immaculate, new carpet, and paint. My brother is very pleased and well served at Chateau On Broadway in Concord, California. Thank you Erin for all your help regarding finding a place for my brother.

It's a good good place, it's not a bad place.

It's a good good place, it's not a bad place. They are very friendly people. They are a little slow to respond to normal requests, though I imagine if it were an emergency, they would be right on it. The activities aren't very interesting, and they are geared more toward the older people, not so much the independent. The independent residents mostly plan things among themselves. The food is the number one complaint, I would give them a one. I don't like the way they do it, it's not the kind of food I would want. The breakfast is terrible, it's all sugars and carbohydrates. Their methodology of serving is exasperating, you have to be there at a specific time, and everything comes in pieces, and takes ten minutes in between to bring the food. If I take it too my room I can get it all at once. I do like that they have a big deep walk in closet. The second complaint I have is small maintenance items, I waited five days to have a little thing done, and finally did it myself. Every time I have a maintenance call and I get nothing for at least a day or two. They only have two maintenance guys for a four level building. I've gotten to where I don't expect things to get done.

Recommended

It was very clean. The staff is very friendly. I think it’s a good value. It seems like they have a lot of services available and my friend is very happy there. She says there are a lot of activities. I’d live there myself if I could.

This is definitely a 5 Star...

This is definitely a 5 Star place to live. Gina and Peter were wonderful Hosts and Caregivers. The place was clean, bright, cheerful and the guests were happy. This is the type of home I'm looking for.

I really think they're great!

I really think they're great! The only area that would be less than a 5 would be the food - but, that's only sometimes. Sometimes, the food is great! Also, they really try with the activities! They're not 100%, but they try, and they have a regular schedule of activities that is fantastic! The staff has been wonderful and caring. If they notice my dad isn't at dinner, they give him a call to check up on him! They really get to know everyone, and everyone looks after each other. They are good people with very sweet and positive vibes.

Chateau on Broadway is with...

Chateau on Broadway is within our price range. They offer a low income program. The apartments are nice with full kitchen. I am concern about the activity level. It appeared that residents don't interact with each other. But then again, there were several people in the laundry room talking. So far this is my number one pick. My concern is that this is an independent living facility and do not offer assistant that maybe needed in the future.

A great place for your Mom!

Our experience with Chateau on Broadway, has been great for my Mother. Everyone is very friendly, the food is great, and my Mother is really enjoying her apartment.
She has a wonderful one bedroom apartment, with a walk in closet.

I think my mom would get lo...

I think my mom would get lost. It is a large place. I would like her to have the option of lunch or dinner. Facility is clean, the apartment I saw was lovely, but there are too many drawbacks...plus smoking is out on the street and no seating for the smokers.

Friendly, kind and sincere environment

The folks at Chateau on Broadway are excellent, everyone from the Retirement Counselor, Gina, to the maintenance folks, Phil, to the front desk to the Executive Director, Peter, EVERYONE. They have made my mom feel comfortable and welcome and every time they see her ask how she is doing, calling her by name and encouraging her to take part in activities. At the very onset of our search for the right place they were helpful, never pushy, and worked with us to make our situation work based on mom's need and timing. Very happy as is mom.

I Didn't Like The Shared Laundry Room

I was there for two months and it was terrible and sad. The food was no good and there was very poor management. It's an independent place. The laundry room is on the third floor and you pay a dollar for laundry and a dollar for the dryer. If you were on the first floor like me then you had to go up two floors and try to beat everyone else there. It's just not functional for the elderly. They also charge you $50 a month for parking.

Good For Me

This is independent living. I have been here a short time and it's within what I am looking for. I cannot complain about the food. I gotten used to home cooking so now I have to get used to the food here. There are activities every week. There are field trips and going out to places. There are games and movies. They have short parties like welcome and birthday parties. There are lots of activities. It's up to the residents which ones they want to attend.

independent living only, no...

independent living only, no assisted living option; 1-2 meals/day; nice apartments but not much of an advantage over what she has now

The only one I have looked at is this...

The only one I have looked at is this Chateau on Broadway and I liked it.

Both my Mom and I were impressed with...

Both my Mom and I were impressed with the tour. Definitely have the Chateau at the top of our list. Still looking