Parkrose Chateau - Portland, OR

Tucked away within beautiful grounds overlooking the Columbia River Valley, you’ll love our comfortable facilities while enjoying all the convenience of the nearby city. We’re just minutes from shopping, healthcare, dining, golf and all the attractions of Portland, Oregon. I

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind

This Place is Fabulous!

To begin with, this place is fabulous. The food is great and their staff has gone above and beyond for my friend. She has been going through a tough time but through the care from the facility they have been helping her to do better. She’s slowly beginning to get out of her room a bit more often and her starting to go out of her comfort zone little by little. I hope that this continues because the staff here is just fabulous. I cannot say how great they have been including the managers and the assistant managers. We have been very impressed. Their food is amazing. They have an executive chef that really does an excellent job and is very well trained. The meals that are served are very well balanced, not overly carb-ed, and even the desserts are not that extreme. My kids and I encourage her to stay here forever because of how great of a place it is.

Great care and attention

This is the wonderful community for great care. We liked that the staff made her feel at home and it offered that warm feeling to the residents. We liked the cleanliness of the community. The menu offers a nice variety. Activities for the residents. We would highly recommend this community for the care and good value for other families and their loved ones.

Holiday Retirement

Hi there, thank you so much for your positive comments about Parkrose Chateau! Your recommendation means so much to us and we're so happy to have earned it. Thank you again for taking the time to let the world know about your positive experience. Have a great day!

Clean Property!!

My father has recently made the move into this community and so far things have been going well for him. The staff have been attentive to his needs and I am comfortable with the care he has been receiving. He has been enjoying the dinning experience with the other residents as well as other amenities. Overall it has been a great fit and I would recommend it to anyone interested.

A wonderful community

The staff have been great. They have bent over backwards to make sure mom is well cared for. The chef has visited a couple times to make sure the food is ok and to see if they can do anything else for her. Mom has gained strength and is doing better health wise. This is a peaceful and good feeling place. The community offers everything you could possibly need. They have a community bird that welcomes you. This community is in a good location and it has a homey feel to it. I would recommend this community.

Living Space is a good size.

My wife and I are settled in very well here. We love being here in our new apartment. We found needing to downsize from where we were and this apartment is just perfect for us. The community offers quite a few activities which we really haven't looked at yet other than me playing pool occasionally. The food here is not bad. They do offer courtesy transportation but due to me using an electric scooter it can't go on the bus.

Great place, great value!

The staff was very friendly and helpful from the reception desk to the sales manager, dining wait staff and anyone else we have spoken with. The room was very clean and it had the amenities we required. The monthly cost also included cable tv and internet, electricity, water and garbage and weekly housekeeping. They will even change the bedding if we like. It offers a library, billiards, game room. There are washers and dryers on each floor for tennants. It is definitely the best value around for the amenities.

This is a Great Place to Be

I really like living at Parkrose but I sure miss my washer and dryer but they do have a laundry room just down the hallway.
I like their food but sometimes they get a little creative, and they even have protein plates which include cottage cheese and cheese.
Very clean, and the staff is very friendly and accessible. The Managers are just great they pitch-in when anyone needs help they help serve meals very nice to all of us.
Weds is our outing days, they do all kinds of game nights, Casino nite once a month, take you shopping and to doctor visits all included in your pricing.
I would have no trouble recommending Parkrose to anyone.

I enjoyed my visit very much. Talked so long with Sales Leader that we missed lunch. It was too hot to see the gardens and walking path. I viewed a 1 BR that was previously a manager's apartment. Kitchenette with view of parking lot and front entrance. Then I looked a 2 BR/2 bath cottage with garage. I liked it very much. In retrospect, it really is more space than I need and unfortunately, cost prohibitive. I plan to return for lunch and a chat with residents. I am flexible with move date so I can wait for a differnt 1 or 2 BR in the building. My biggest dilemma is how much I still would like to be able to cook. All the apartments have kitchenettes. So I really need to taste the food and talk with the chef about special dietary needs. I do plan to look at two other communities. But I like this location and the people I interacted with.

A Very Nice Place But No Kitchen Available

We liked Parkrose a lot. It looks very nicely decorated but it was higher in the price. The apartment that was shown to us didn't have a full kitchen for my dad. They were not the right fit for us.

I would recommend this community

I liked the marketing director that helped me decide to move in, however he is no longer working here. They are looking for a cook. The food is ok. There is a high turnover with the servers at this community. They have had some changes in management as well. They offer a lot of activities and the community is kept clean.

Pretty close to perfect!

My parents are doing very well in this community, they love their apartment. It was actually the deciding factor, my parents were looking for a spacious 2 bedroom 2 bath. They get 3 meals a day, they have the choice of small or large portions as well as healthy choices. They get along very well with the other residents and have joined activities.

A positive experience!

From the minute we walked in, the residents have been so friendly to my mother. Her apartment is very nice and she likes it a lot. One of the outstanding things is the food. It is so good, they have 4 choices every meal and all of the choices are very tasty. She has just recently joined activities, she started playing some of the games. When she first moved in, she was sick and they brought the meals to her apartment and were very concerned about making it as easy as possible for her.

My mothers care

I really like this community for my mom. She is really happy here. The activities are outstanding for her. The food is wonderful in every way. We like knowing she has a community that is very clean. The staff are very attentive and respectful to her needs. We highly recommend the care that is given here and a great value for other families.

A perfect place for Mom

Very bright and cheery with a beautiful dining area. My Mom loves the two libraries and her lower level patio with a nice greenway outside her door. The people are friendly and quick with a smile. The transportation for shopping and doctor's appointments are a real plus and the outside trips are a bonus.

Great place

My Tour

This is beautiful and I really like the way it looks. It is in a nice area and neighborhood. I was able to get all my questions answered. The distance is too far for me.

Great place!

My mother has only been there a week, but so far, we are very happy with the Parkrose. Everyone is very nice and the food is good. My mother is a bit disappointed in the activities, but I think it will get better as she makes more friends. So far, so good.

the greatest place in the world.

They are the best. They aren't there for the money they are for the community that lives there. The staff is great and tries hard to keep the people up and moving. They are great.

owner was rude to the residents

Overall it has been a good experience at Parkrose Chateau. The owner was rude to the residents when I was visiting one time. I am not sure if he was used to talking to them that way. I did mention it and he did apologize for it. It is resolved now. Other than that things have been good.

very impressed by the friendliness

I have been just very impressed by the friendliness of the staff and the activities provided at Parkrose Chateau. At this point I don't see anywhere that needs improvement at this facility. I have actually been impressed at how quickly I have adjusted to being here, especially coming from a large home. My one bedroom is spacious enough to feel comfortable in.

An Okay Facility

They have a big turnover of their staff, which is probably the biggest thing for me. Also the housekeeping isn't very good, they do very little housekeeping. They are suppose to come in once a week but they don't do that much. There isn't a whole lot of activities. There are some, but they are very repetitive. Other than that it is okay.

Seems to be improving

From what we've seen at Parkrose Chateau, the food is getting better, it seems some nights it's better than others. Some people there are grumpy as well.

Happy and pleased

I have a loved one who lives at the Parkrose Chateau. They seem happy and pleased. The facility is very nice and it's always clean. Every time I visit, The staff is always friendly and welcoming. The value is good. The care services and activities are good as well. They offer a variety of activities. The Parkrose Chateau is a really nice facility. I would recommend it to anyone. It has been a good experience.

right at home

The facility at Parkrose Chateau is very nice and clean, and the staff there is really nice, and make the residents feel very welcome. It was a bit of an adjustment, but they made it as smooth as it could possibly be and after a month or less there you just feel right at home.

Satisfied

Seems pretty clean and the staff seems pretty friendly. There are enough activities for Mom to keep active.

This is working out really well.

This is working out really well. She is having a really nice time there. It's very nicely kept, and the staff is friendly. She is making friends and joining in the activities. They had a little hiccup with the chef, but that is getting back to normal. We are very happy with it.

Nice place, overall

From what I saw they do a great job overall at Parkrose Chateau. It was a nice looking, clean place, and the staff all seemed very friendly. The only issue I noticed is that they do not appear to be very accommodating when it comes to certain dietary needs, for example they did not to provide many gluten free options.

Very nice community!

Overall we're very pleased with how things are going with Parkrose Chateau! It's a lovely looking community, and the staff are all very friendly. They provide all sorts of great amenities, services, and activities, and my loved one seems to be settling in well! We're happy with it, and would recommend it to others!

Amazing Staff

The staff is great. They've recently had a manger change - which is normal for them - and they had a problem with the elevator and the new manager got that problem resolved pretty quickly considering all the red tape they had to go through. Parkrose Chateau is part of a fairly large corporation and the management had to go out on their own and get this elevator fixed. It was good that they did that.

I've had one meal there and it was pretty good. The did have an interesting desert but sometimes you just have a flop. The staff is just amazing. I really can't say enough about them.

loved this place nice and quiet. Mom...

loved this place nice and quiet. Mom made freinds when she visited.

We liked this place. No smells at al...

We liked this place. No smells at all. Ground floor with easy access to grassy area.

looks good.

looks good.

Shocked by all the 'old people'. If a...

Shocked by all the 'old people'. If all the centers are this way, it will take some serious 'getting used to'. Staff, amenities, incentives and pricing were all superb. Really good food.