The Hazelwood - Portland, OR

Life at The Hazelwood, located in the heart of the neighborhood, holds an unending variety of opportunities for our active residents to experience life to the fullest. Shopping is a short walk from our lobby. Private courtyards encourage outdoor gatherings. Exercise equipment and programs keep residents fit and healthy. Regular social events keep everyone up to date on the latest happenings. An in-house library is well stocked with books and periodicals. A county library is a few short blocks away. Bus and light rail service can whisk residents to cultural and entertainment offerings from Hillsboro to Gresham and beyond. Our own air-conditioned bus makes regular trips for sightseeing, special outings and scheduled appointments.

We welcome you to explore our development. Meet our staff. Get to know our residents. Compare the market. We know you will recognize the quality we have put into The Hazelwood.

A Five

I would give Hazelwood a 5. The staff has been very helpful, the food is good, they have several options during mealtimes, and I find the community to be clean and tidy. They do have many activities as well including a bus that takes residents on several trips a week. I would definitely recommend the community to others.

Helpful Staff!!

My dad has recently made the move into this community and I have no complaints of how things are going for him. The staff have been helpful with the transition and made sure to accommodate all of his needs to the best of there ability. I liked the apartments they had available as well other great amenities for the residents. Overall it has been fine and I would recommend it to anyone.

We Had Lived Here

The community was nice enough however the apartment we were in was getting to be too big for us. The community at the end of us living there started to go down hill it was not maintained and not as clean as it use to be. The staff seemed to be not as friendly and there tended to be more of a turn over in staffing then years past.

From what I have seen the staff are nice and helpful and I would recommend them to my family or friends. My dad has an apartment with his own full kitchen to make his breakfast. That is what he really wanted and the reason we picked this community. For the most part he likes it. He really likes the meals they prepare for the residents. They serve salad, take orders for the main entree, then serve dessert.

Positive experience so far.

They've met my exceptions so far.We chose The Hazelwood because of the price.My father was able to get a one bedroom for $1,400.It's also close to where I live and there are shops and restaurants close by.

Highly Recommended!!

This is the perfect setting for my mother. The staff are all extremely helpful and are very attentive. She has participated in bingo and looking to participate in the other activities that they offer. Her meals are perfect they are nutritious, the taste is good, and have great portions to them. Most importantly my mother is safe here.

Great!

My mom has only been here a week and a half but so far she absolutely loves it here. The staff and renters are super friendly and genuinely happy to be there.
I've talked to a lot of residents and they all have wonderful things to say. Tom, the marketing person was really helpful getting mom set up there.
Thanks!

Mom is Happy

I don't deal with them all that often when in my experience they have been pretty friendly. My mom likes it there. I think the activities are good but i'm not sure my mom participates in them too much. I know my mom is pretty happy there so that's a good thing.

Great for Older, Active Seniors

It's a qualified rating. I'd give them a 5 as a good place. The problem is it's just not working out for me. I'm 65 and I think I jumped the gun a little soon on this. I thought I was going to move into another apartment building. This place had all the amenities. If you need help it's there. It's not just an apartment building, it's a community. They want you to join this and that. They asked why I didn't go the dance and if I was okay because I missed bingo. Tor an older person who needs more socialization, it's great. The dining room situation wasn't ideal either because it's an assigned seating in the dining room and I sit with very nice ladies but we ran out of things to talk about a month ago. For me, personally, it's just not a good fit.

That being said, I have nothing but great things to say about how this place is run. The staff is fantastic. They're very friendly and involved with the people here. There are plenty of activities both within the complex and otherwise. They drive them to the senior dance in Gresham, to plays, wineries. It's spotlessly clean. I wold totally recommend it to some one with an elderly parent who just needs a little help with meals and that kind of thing. They do have a full kitchen which is a really nice option. I think I just jumped the gun on this. In 10 or 15 years I would definitely consider moving back.

Also looks good, and fairly affordable.

Also looks good, and fairly affordable.

Neighborhood is very busy with fast-m...

Neighborhood is very busy with fast-moving traffic, topless bars, a little scary beyond the facility. Facility itself is nice and convenient to shopping via walking. Provides meals.