The Quarry - Vancouver, WA

The Quarry - Vancouver, WA has yet not published prices.

Loved everything we saw. Employees were happy and the amenities are to die for. I don't like the surroundings as they are too commercial and lots of apartments. I would miss the birds! But if I were in the largest apartment I could handle it. I also like the idea of the continuum of care.

wonderful place but too expensive

My visit

This community seemed to offer a lot of nice activities when we visited. The people we met were helpful. The community looked clean.

Cannot retain care staff

My family member lived at the Quarry for some time and was taken very good care of. It seems that there are just a few really great caregivers that will go above and beyond for them. I was surprised with how many people I would see coming in and out of the memory care unit due to turn over. It was a little unsettling to be honest.

The food service was a little difficult to be constantly pleased with because of slow kitchen staff, especially [Removed]. It was hard to communicate with her when resident's needed things and in a timely manner.

I will always be very thankful for one of the medication aids, [Removed], as she went above and beyond for any resident and family member that would ask. Unfortunately she no longer works here.

I feel that if they could retain the caregivers who actually cared, this place would be getting 5 stars across the board.

[Removed], the executive director, was a very wonderful personable staff member. He remembers names and actually listens to your problems and I was very impressed of his attitude especially with such a high up title.

Do some research, but I do like the Quarry.

Drew Shaffer

Thank you for your review of our community! I agree that consistency in staffing is valuable for any Assisted Living community but specifically valuable in Memory Care—where staff can develop a relationship and familiarity with our residents. We work hard to ensure that our staff members experience a positive work environment and make every effort to dedicate staff members to particular areas of our community to provide continuity of care for our residents. That being said, for many of our employees being a caregiver is a stepping stone at the beginning of their health care career, and I am proud that we can provide experience and support to those employees who will go on to serve the Clark County area as medical professionals. Additionally, as a locally owned company, we have the unique opportunity to identify talented employees and offer them expanded opportunities in management roles.

Most importantly, thank you for entrusting us with your loved one’s care needs. There are many options for senior care in our area and we truly appreciate you choosing The Quarry.

Drew Shaffer

Decided too far out. It would be too far too get to our family. We want to be close to them. Not 20 plus minutes away. Lovely place. No tour though.

A wake up call

I moved a loved one into the Quarry 5 yrs ago. While the outward appearance is still quite nice it lacks inside! I have watched the rest run downhill quickly. From regular maintenance, office/nursing staff, caregivers, and meals!
The attention to "Mom's" care & medical needs have been left unattended SEVERAL times. The Quarry has been unable to keep up with her declining health!!! Her bedside commode has not been rinsed out (despite 4 years of "corrective" action) - leaving the apartment smelling like a well used public restroom. When it does get rinsed out feces is left on the floor of the shower. Dirty laundry with feces (not rinsed out) put into a plastic bags to be found days later in the closet. The turn over in staff is outrageous due to UNDER staffing. Therefore quality of care has plummeted!!! She has been found on the floor barely conscious and no one knows how long she's been there despite she is supposed to be checked on regularly! There is the big WARNING!!!! "Corrective" ACTION is non existent @ the Quarry. Apartment maintenance is an extremely long wait with several reminders/requests necessary. The meals are NOT even in the same realm of quality! The only constant has been the activities - wonderful & creative! We are fortunate we have been able to have a private caregiver (during the day) with our loved one during this time...And we are moving her OUT of the Quarry!! Why pay the big bucks for a pretty exterior when all the important things CONTINUALLY fall through the cracks???? Save your money folks!! BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES QUARRY!!!!!

Mom Is Doing Very Well

My mother is doing very well, and I'am very pleased with everything they have done for us. The facility is nice and clean, they a good job with the cleanliness. They have a pretty good staff here. She is trying some activities. The meals are nice, she likes the food. I know she is in good hands and I would recommend this facility.

Big place

Big place, kinda expensive, friendly staff

I'm not sure if they are engaging my father as much there, this is to be determined. For my mom she's going great and she likes the activities. My father is having a hard time with coping on being there. Other than that great services. The staff is very friendly.

highly recommend!!

Clean and Friendly

Well, my loved one has not moved in to the place yet, but I think they are all very friendly people. Also the facility is very clean, as are all the people there. All the residents seem to be very happy at The Quarry.

Very Impressed

Everybody we have dealt with has gone out of their way to answer any questions and correct anything that was not communicated. They are very thorough about that. They all seem to genuinely care about every resident. We were especially impressed by the food services manager who stopped by and personally made sure that everyone's meal was what they were looking for.

I am happy on the whole.

I am happy on the whole. Parking is a little rough, there are no assigned spots. The place is very well kept, and the staff is excellent. They have two options for dining. It's nice that the cafe is open if you want to eat out side of the hours they are serving in the dining room. They have a pretty good fixed menu in the cafe, and a good variety in the dining room. I would give them 4 and 3/4 out of five.

Comfortable living at its best

They are doing a good job.

They are doing a good job. Everyone is very attentive. It's kept very clean. The food is one of the best things about it. It's really pretty good. I don't really have anything at this point that I would like to see improved or done better.

Great Food

I would give the Facility 5 stars in all of these areas.
cleanliness, friendliness, caring staff, ample activities for residents. Would recommend to others.

Seemed like a nice place

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for our loved one. Overall I thought this place looked very impressive! The facility itself was clean and well kept, and the staff all seemed very friendly and professional. However, it just didn't have a very homey feel and we weren't sure our loved one would be comfortable here.

Very pretty but many places were bein...

Very pretty but many places were being fixed. One resident was asking for help and complained it had been awhile. It has the structure to work but I didn't feel the residents were really valued and the staff didn't feel a conection to the residents.

Wonderful & a gorgeous saltwater pool...

Wonderful & a gorgeous saltwater pool!!!! :-). Great food!! & they have rooms with hardwood floors!! Fantastic for anyone with allergies!!

Very Nice!!!!!!!!!!

Very Nice!!!!!!!!!!

The Quarry offers a full range of lifestyle choices, from deluxe rental apartment homes for the active, independent senior, to those needing assistance with daily activities and those in need of memory care, enhanced care and Parkinson’s. An in-house restaurant, café, bank, day spa, wellness center, theater and business center mean that residents can perform their most common errands without ever leaving the comfort of their home. In addition to these conveniences and amenities, what also sets The Quarry apart is its 24-hour licensed nursing, the high level of care available in the enhanced care community and the local ownership.