The Bedford - Vancouver, WA

Food has small portions and not a lot of variety

I love it here and the apartment is great. The food is less than desirable because of the small portions and they don’t have much of a variety to choose from but other than that everything’s fine. The staff is very good and they’re easy to communicate with. The activities they provide are knitting, sewing, swimming, and billiards. Housekeeping comes by once a week to work on the bathroom and vacuum the apartment. The other residents are fine, they seem friendly. I prefer being in a larger place and this place is better for me. The price I pay is all inclusive. I would recommend them.

My Dad likes this place but he is trended healthwise towards some form of assisted living if his eyesight does not hold up. We will look at this option if his health improves.

Seemed like a nice place to live

Very clean, friendly staff very caring, seemed like a nice place to live

Pretty amazing

They just have been very responsive to us any time that we have needed anything. It has been a pretty amazing experience with The Bedford. My loved one has really enjoyed her stay there at the facility so far.

impressed

The Bedford has two couples that live in house that are caretakers. They are extremely caring and conscientious. They know all of her concerns. I am very impressed. The people that work in the dining room are very accommodating. When we did our tour they had shown her an apartment they told her she had a week to decide on the apartment they showed her. The lady said she had another couple that was interested in the unit. It was a pressure sale. I called her before the time she even had told me we had to make the decision and she had already given the unit to that couple. She said they had a larger unit that was more expensive. I was really mad at this lady and lost all respect for her. They need some help with their sale staff. The gal that we made the appointment with didn't even call me back when I tried to verify the appointment. Sure enough I showed up and it was her day off. The beginning was very rough and unorganized. At this point mom is happy and well taken care of. She can come and go as she pleases but should she need the help, it is right there.

The Bedford: an excellent choice

We are thrilled with the service and environment at The Bedford. Very well-cared-for, lovely management and staff who are both friendly and respectful. Younger members of our family were very impressed and wanted to move in themselves!

The Bedford for Fine Living

I spent 3 months at the Bedford. The facility is lovely, clean and not at all institutional. It is like a fine hotel with tasteful decorations. The setting is beautifully landscaped. I was in a weirdly shaped studio on the second floor with no balcony. This was the least expensive apartment but still a budget stretch for me. Not being able to afford a more appealing option was the reason I left. The management at the Bedford is first class. Professional, caring, and effective were my observations. I did use the care services while there. The food was good and attractively presented. There were always many meal choices that could be ordered. The food servers are great young people. Dining room seating is not assigned but most people tended to seat at the same table most of the time. Residents are friendly and welcoming. The activities program has a great new director and is expanding. Bean bag baseball is a big favorite.

very welcoming and kind

They have been very welcoming and kind. They gave us a very clear tour and explanation of things when we were checking them out. They have been incredibly helpful. The entire experience with The Bedford has been really good and I would highly recommend them.

A really nice facility with everything you could want

More than satisfied.

My Mom has loved being at The Bedford. She is treated with respect, courtesy, and affection. There are many programs and events to choose from, including cerebral, physical, and fun to keep an individual's interests active. She has made friends and met wonderful people here.

The meals are always tasty and she enjoys that she isn't assigned to one seat at one table but can sit anywhere she likes with different people, or sit at a different table altogether when a family member visits.

The Bedford is clean, friendly, accommodating, and is a perfect solution for her senior years.

Nice facility but not a nursing home

This is a nice place but my mom needed more care than we estimated, so they didn't have anyone on back shift to help at night when things got bad. I felt the staff that was there was fine and very helpful, but this definitely not a nursing home type place. We wanted mom in a nice place but didn't realize her health would decline as quickly as it did and they just weren't prepared for that type of resident.

Review of The Bedford Independent Living in Vancouver, WA

Very nice place. I know I will get tried of the dining room with the same people every meal for 90 times a month. Visited 9/26/2014

Not great at keeping staff

This is a great place if you can afford it-however, during the first month, there was a tremendous amount of staff changes. The food was excellent when we went to look at the Bedford, but they are now on their 3rd chef and the quality of food has gone WAY down. Also, my mother was NOT given her tour of the place after she moved in, her name tag and also STILL does not have a key that works her patio door! She moved in 6/21/14! Seems a little long to wait considering the price they charge!

Very friendly

My mother is usually very independent, but this community has been great for her needs. She does not always need the care services, but whenever she does need extra care the staff are always very accommodating. They seem to have just the right amount of activities for her, considering her age and ability to participate. There is always a friendly face around, whether from the staff or the residents. The food is great as well. The maintenance staff respond quickly to any issues we bring up, and they've been great about helping us make changes to make the space her own. The value for the money is great. Great place!

Love it here, its beautiful, very fri...

Love it here, its beautiful, very friendly. Also was more than happy they have swimming pool & a travel program that lets you stay without charge at one of their facilities free including food.

I love the ambiance...

I love the ambiance of this place.

Staff very helpful. the bottom line ...

Staff very helpful. the bottom line is the cost.

Nestled within beautifully landscaped grounds in a peaceful corner of Vancouver, Washington, you’ll love the tasteful elegance of our facilities while enjoying all the convenience of the nearby community. We’re close to shopping, dining, healthcare and unique regional attractions.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind