Russellville Park - Portland, OR

When you visit our retirement community in the heart of Portland, you’ll notice something unexpected the minute you walk through the doors. You can see, hear, and feel the energy and vibrancy of our community. The lobby is bustling, people are laughing, and friends are chatting. Some are planning outings to the Glendoveer Golf Course or Clackamas Town Center, while others are grabbing coffee before they go shopping downtown. Russellville Park feels like an active community because it is an active community.

Our philosophy of premium customer service translates into an experience that feels more like you’re on a permanent vacation, and less like you’re in a retirement community. The atmosphere is warm, friendly, and inviting—whatever our residents need, our helpful staff is ready to deliver.

At Russellville Park, we don’t just care for people—we care about people, and want to help our residents get the most out of their retirement. Want to plan a movie night? Invite your family. How about a game of poker? Stack your chips. Dinner in the city sound fun? Hop on the shuttle. Whatever you want to do, whatever your interests are, we can help bring them to life in this next phase of life.

At Russellville Park, a fun, adventurous retirement is there for the taking. All you have to do is make yourself at home.

Russellville Park offers independent living, assisted living and memory care services.

Perfect metropolitan option!

Russellville Park was very nice but there is a lot of high-rise buildings and complexes surrounding it. Internally is was very nice. The people are friendly and I like how the rooms are designed.

OK place to retire but if not fully functional....

[Removed] at the front desk of the assisted living center is GREAT!!! She is so friendly and welcoming whenever you walk in to visit. The dining (Salmon Grill) is only fair; menu is limited, food quality is average, food prices are kind of high for the quality. My main peeve with the dining is the silverware and glassware are dirty and spotty which for an at risk clientele is unthinkable. Staff in the dining room are very friendly also. I think the place is over priced considering everything is an add on. I don't think the "medical" staff are up to par - when a client's blood pressure was very high, the staff member was "I guess I could call the advice nurse and let her know" when the family member questioned how high it was. I also don't think the facility fully is aware of a client's condition since the person I am talking about has dementia and confusion yet staff believe them fully when they say they are going out for the night (when he isn't) or they believe him when he was he ate when he hasn't. I know this person is not in memory care and only in assisted living but for the price I would think the staff should know each client in full. Overall the place is clean and there are a lot of activities but they seem to be geared to more retired folk that are fully functional that live there and not necessarily toward the cognitively diminished or dementia folk. I think it is a good place to live if you are retired and don't want to deal with a house (on permanent vacation) but I personally am not real keen on the facility for dementia, lower cognitive, etc. folk - place is huge and activities not geared toward them.

Chelsia Hart

Thank you for your comments. We take your concerns very seriously. The team at Russellville Park takes pride in the entire community experience. We continue to review the menu options at all three dining venues to ensure they meet the needs of our residents. The Executive Chef continues to monitor the quality of dishware daily and regular maintenance of the machines is conducted monthly. In addition, providing support for residents with dementia is a high priority to the Health & Wellness team and they aim to personalize involvement in activities for each resident. I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you in person about your concerns. Thank you again for your feedback.
Thanks,
Meg Davidson, General Manager

After our first visit, this one is definately on the list for mom to visit. We liked the integration of the facility with the neighborhood, for example the salon is open to the public and the head start program has kids playing in an enclosed area. Also liked the integration between the two buildings, so there is movement between those in independent living and assisted living with activities in both spaces.

My choice!

When I toured the Russellville, they did not have an opening for my father in the memory care unit. As far as the assisted living side, I relly liked it. When it comes to the day that I move into a home, a place like this is what I will be looking for.

Great Services

My mom is doing okay and she is in the independent living side. The services that are provided are all fine. They could use more art activities in general they have exercise and game stuff but that is not what she likes. She likes the guest speakers and they could use more. The place is great we are giving it a trial. I liked that it was light and airy on the tour.

Comfort For Mom!

My mother has been in the community for a short time but, from what we have experienced so far the Rusellville Park is a great place. The staff are friendly and communicate very well. The cleanliness and up-kept is outstanding. The meals and the activities have been positive as well. At the moment we have no complaints about this place.

Made the right decision

Residents & employees have been very friendly and helpful. Apartment layout is good with plenty storage area. The building grounds are pleasant. And the dining menus have a good variety and are very tasty.

Chelsia Hart

Russellville Park team truly appreciates your feedback. The team always strives for improved resident satisfaction. We are thankful that you are a highly satisfied customer.

Russellville Park is recommended by me!

I like the staff at Russellville park. They work well with my dad and they are also great about working closely with his doctor to make sure he is getting the care he needs. They keep this small community clean. The activities coordinator has a lot of things for the residents to enjoy and they encourage him to participate. My dad likes the food, however it is a little bland for my taste.

We recently moved my Mother n Law to Oregon from California to Russellville. It has been about a month and she is loving it!. The staff is great, Food is Great and she is meeting a lot of nice people. We highly recommend it here. Her apartment is terrific.!

As I have written before, I have already done an evaluation. My contact with Russellvile has been limited since my sister moved to Russellville 2/6. I would suggest that you contact her sons (Todd and Tim).

I will say that my dealings with Russellville prior to the move were extremely satisfying. Shelly was very helpful....taking me on tours (2) , providing lunch , and answering my many questions in a knowledgeable and patient manner. She made my choice an easy one!

Great Place

What a great staff! The move-in team was awesome and they made mom feel special. They have all made a stressful situation work out to be very comfortable for mom. We feel blessed to be at Russelville.

Perfect place!

We are so pleased with Russelville park. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful. Our grandfather is living in assisted living and doing very well. Living far from him, we're so thankful for all the helping hands to ensure both his safety and quality of life. I'd highly recommend Russelville!

Not ready for Boomers!

Target group is people in their 80s and 90s so that people who are younger come in and find little of interest for them. Activities are geared for the older generation entirely. Other than that, it is a very well-run institution And is a good value.

Traci Kuster

Dear Carol, Thank you for taking time to provide your feedback about our community. At Russellville Park we strive to provide excellent service and a great atmosphere. Our goal is to provide activities to support all areas of wellness. The activity calendar offers over 300 programs each month designed to suit the interests of our residents. The guest services department consistently strives to respond to resident feedback, ideas and interests. Recently, the community started a tech savvy class, dance group and Tri-Met MAX excursions at the request of our residents.
Once again thank you for your feedback. We will continue to improve and look for opportunities to provide activities to support a variety of interests and hobbies. Meg Davidson, General Manager

4 1/2 stars

They do offer transportation to appointments but they need to be in a few miles radius.

Great place

Russellville Park is a great value compared to other retirement homes in the area. The staff is great and they make sure they communicate well with the family. The building is always kept clean. This is a great place.

Thought we really liked it, but not a great fit for us.

We looked here, and we thought he really liked the place. It was nice, and the people were friendly. The way the assessment was done though didn't really work well for us. My loved one was agitated, and they suggested memory care would be the best option, and we didn't think this was going to be the best fit.

Traci Kuster

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some feedback about your experience at Russellville Park. This type of information is critical for us in order to assure that we are providing the best quality services. We try to make the assessment process as simple as possible. We pride ourselves on being fair when we assess a resident’s care needs. I’m sorry if it was less than transparent. I am happy to hear that staff were friendly and that the community was pleasant. That’s super important. We’re always looking for ways to improve: If you would like to share more details with me, please feel free to send me an email to [removed] Thanks again and happy holidays. Michael Juno-Sturm | Operations Director

No response from an email that was sent

Two things. The west building dining room after service it is slow to get the tickets that the residents wait for. The second thing I did contact the manager about that and has not received a follow up from her.

very welcoming

The experience with Russellville Park was very good. My mother in law moved in there from a small apartment, and everyone there from the maintenance person to the social coordinator and everyone else really welcomed her and made her feel right at home. She was a little nervous making the move, but they helped make it a smooth transition and she is doing really good.

We think they're great!

My Father has been there for a year and a half now and has received excellent care. The facility is clean and the staff is excellent. They have the residents best interests at heart. My Father is happy there. Five Plus Stars

They were excellent!

They were excellent! I had not one issue with Russellville Park. They were less expensive than some of the others. Their food there was excellent. I was so impressed, they did activities everyday and they did outings. It's clean and it didn't smell. The people there were so wonderful. I would recommend them to anyone.

Russellville Park is top with us

It took two years of negotiations but our 92 year old mother finally moved into Russellville last Nov. During our long negotiation period, we visited a number of facilities and evaluated their services and amenities. And, now that I have first hand knowledge of Russellville's operation and staff, I feel confident in my review.

As expected, the transition from the family home of 55 yrs has not been easy but the Russellville staff have gone beyond the call to introduce our shy mother to fellow residents, invited her to participate in activities, and have taken time out of their busy schedule for a short conversation and brighten her day.

We added "wellness" services soon after moving in. The service includes an escort to and from the dining hall. This ensures our shy mom has someone to sit with without having to invite herself. We recently added nursing services to manage recent back pain. It seems to be working. She has more energy and alertness, which can only enhance her quality of life.

Selecting the right living environment for your loved one takes time, dedication and perseverance. I hope this review gives you a short cut. Give Russellville a call. Tour the facilities and talk with the staff and residences. You will find a clean, welcoming and secure facility with a team trained and dedicated to your loved one's care. For us children, we sleep better at night.

A Positive Atmosphere

The staff is very friendly and caring. The wide choice of food is great. It has a positive atmosphere. The Russellville Park is a great community. Everyone is very nice and friendly. I would recommend this place.

Very nice place

Overall I think they do a great job at Russellville Park. It is a beautiful place, the staff are very nice, and they've got a wonderful restaurant style dining facility. My loved one was only here for a few weeks, since they did not end up being a good fit in terms of care, but everything I saw here impressed me. I'd definitely recommend them to others looking in the area!

Rotten parking!!!!

This place has among the worst parking I have seen for a quality facility. There is rarely a place on their tiny lot on on the street for family and visitors to park. They allow some parking underground in the west bldg which is a pain to use. They refuse to add more parking in the grassy area up front and will not give a reason why not. They are completely unresponsive on this one issue which to me is major. Why would I want to live where it is not easy to come to visit me due to the rotten parking? I have given them a suggestion on how to remedy this, but it was completely ignored. They planned for little parking to begin with then added the 2nd building with no thought to the further inconvenience in parking that it brought.

Olivia Drury

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We understand that parking has been a frustration for visitors. To alleviate the issue, we have added additional underground, covered parking in the west building with an access keypad. We hope that this will solve the parking issue!

I'm very, very happy with the staff being helpful, and kind, and friendly.

They have coffee and cookies that are free, all the time, meals are included in the monthly price. There is very little nickle and diming. We tried to get her pictures put on the wall, they have a maintenance person that does it, but we had to ask three times. There may be a breakdown in the communication somewhere. She loves the food. I'm very, very happy with the staff being helpful, and kind, and friendly. She liked that the room available faced the courtyard, and the way the sun comes streaming through the windows because of the angle the room.

The staff are friendly here. When I c...

The staff are friendly here. When I call, they are willing to talk to me and answer my questions. However, I think that they need more staff. When the residents press their buttons, to go to the bathroom for example, it takes them 15-20 minutes to respond. Also, sometimes they give the medicine late because they get tied up in things.

However, they have a lot of activities to do! They have classes and go on scenic drives together! For the price, it's a bit on the high end, but cheaper than some of the others I've seen. They do kind of nickle and dime you though, and charge for every little service.

One complaint would be the communication between the staff. Sometimes, I get approached about the same situation multiple times and it doesn't seem like they communicate well with each other.

Here, my loved one is able to have a bigger room. She is able to go to the restaurant and pick a meal off the menu. The amenities and accomodations are nice. The staff are friendly and know everyone's names.

Would Definitely Recommend

They are absolutely wonderful and we are delighted with them! We were searching for memory care only, and this was the only one we looked at that didn't have clutter and things plastered all over the walls. This place is neat and tidy, with big open hallways. We spent some time with the caregivers, and even joined in on an activity. We've eaten here and the food is good. They are just very clean and well run, and efficient! I couldn't even think of a negetive if I tried! It's really working out, and we would recommend them!

Russellville is terrific

My Dad just moved in but so far everything is terrific. They made our preview and move-in process seamless. They are bending over backward to address his needs and concerns.
The staff and residents are not only friendly to Dad but to my family as well.
It feels like a very safe environment for him but still allows his independence.

Better for my social husband

I think it's better than the other ones we checked out because the main thing I didn't like about the other places was that they had assigned seating at meals. He sleeps at odd times and he's very gregarious so I didn't think he'd like to be with the same people for every meal, he'd get bored. The food is fine, the people are very friendly, everyone's friendly and they had a meet your neighbor evening so he could play the fiddle. He's memory's not that great and he's easily distracted so it's hard for him to get anywhere fast so that was good. It's also nice that he has to go downstairs and walk to food, so that's much better for him. Most of the time the care is good, you have to keep after them to make sure things get done. i find I'm spending a lot of time there to make sure he gets up for meals.

Feeling so confident she will get excellent care

Finding assisted living is a tough job but helped so much by A Place for Mom who pointed me to Russellville Park. Russellville Park is just what my mother-in-law needed. We feel confident she will be well cared for, and appreciate the support of the staff. Piece of mind and emotional help for the family members means a lot and Russellville Park does their very best to make sure all the bases are covered. I can't thank them enough.

Fantastic. Almost too fant...

Fantastic. Almost too fantastic. Friendly and courteous staff. the gym and pool were closed for maintenance. Good food, but expensive. I want to go back and see activities and fitness classes. Bad neighborhood.

Good possibility - great food, like t...

Good possibility - great food, like the apartments size and layout

very nice but very expensive

very nice but very expensive

I also stopped by this place spontane...

I also stopped by this place spontaneously and was able to get a tour from director within a few minutes. I liked everything about this place and will schedule a lunch with Mom and others to check out the food. So far, this is number one on my list.

Possibility- offers memory care and i...

Possibility- offers memory care and independent living.

I was impressed; active people everyw...

I was impressed; active people everywhere, coming & going, upbeat, wide litted hallways, more like a resort than a nursing home. Marvelous kitchens in the apts for this 'cook'. I think I could move there. Their meal ticket plan makes good sense.

Russellville Park was delightful. Th...

Russellville Park was delightful. The amenities and the activities were numerous. The studio apartment that is available was spacious and well kept. We received a tour of all areas of interest and were pleased with the help we received. The price was in keeping with our budget. The assisted living service packages are what we are looking for with medication assistance and custom service packages all available. We will be further looking into this facility.