Cascade Inn - Vancouver, WA

The place is dingy and has been being remodeled for a long time. I went to help a very nice woman today and was appalled. I really do not want to get into specifics but if you have someone staying here please be around to help them. LOOK<SMELL

Koelsch Senior Communities

Sally, thank you for writing a review for Cascade Inn Independent & Assisted Living Community. You are correct we are in the middle of a large remodeling project designed to add comfort for our residents. We take all comments seriously and would be grateful if you would call Vanessa, our Executive Director.

Cascade Inn

We moved my father-in-law into Cascade because he needed more around the clock care than we were able to provide at home. We already knew people who had relatives there, so it was an easy decision. He was only there for a few weeks, but overall, it was a good experience. It’s an older facility, and they were in the middle of a remodel, but they still kept it very clean. The staff was really helpful and accommodating, and they helped to get him involved in the activities he was able to participate in like church services. Overall, I would recommend the community to others.

Koelsch Senior Communities

Thank you for writing a review and recommending Cascade Inn Independent & Assisted Living Community. We are glad to read that the experience was good and the staff was helpful and accommodating. I will forward your kind compliments about activity involvement to our Director of Active Living. If we can serve you in any way, we would be grateful if you would call Vanessa, our Executive Director.

My experience

This community is in need of some updating. They could use a fresh coat of paint on the exterior. They have a cafeteria style dining room which reminded me of a school cafeteria. The courtyard has been cut up into pieces. The rooms are very dated. The community felt dumpy.

Koelsch Senior Communities

We appreciate that you took the time to write a review for Cascade Inn Independent & Assisted Living Community. I am sorry the looks of the community were dated. We hope during your visit the staff was accommodating and able to answer all of your questions. Our number one priority is the care of our residents, and we hope you find the perfect place to call home for you or your loved one. If we can serve you in any way, we would be grateful if you would call Lance, our Executive Director.

Nicely Decorated

Cascade Inn was very nice but just too large for my mom. Even though it is a single story building the layout was too spread out. However, the inside appeared clean and nicely decorated. It was very bright and upbeat feel. The staff was friendly and helpful. We did have a meal here and the food was very good. In comparison to pricing, they were falling within the same range as to other places we had toured.

Koelsch Senior Communities

Thank you for touring and writing a review of Cascade Inn Independent & Assisted Living Community. We will send along your compliments to our friendly and helpful teams. Food is important and we loved that you stayed for a meal. I hope you find the perfect place for mom. If we can serve you in any way, we would be grateful if you would call Lance, our Executive Director.

[Removed] was a gracious host. Not the facility for me. The community areas seem up to date. But the apartments remind me of motel room in a 2-3 star facility. Food is OK and the server checked to see what gluten free bread they use. I was very specific about what I wanted and was led to believe they could meet that expectation. Not the case. I am more independent and appear to be much younger than the average resident. The apartments I was shown have poor views. They are not conducive to maintaining the my current level of independence.

Koelsch Senior Communities

Thank you for touring and sharing your thoughts about Cascade Inn Independent & Assisted Living Community. Choosing a place to call home can be a challenge. I am sorry we did not meet or exceed your expectations in a couple of areas. I couldn’t agree more that an apartment with a great view can make all the difference. If we can serve you in any way, we would be grateful if you would call Lance our Executive Director.

Too big

This community offered many nice amenities. It felt like you were on vacation. We decided another community because it was too large.

Koelsch Senior Communities

Thank you for touring Cascade Inn Independent & Assisted Living Community. We are glad that the visit was helpful in making your decision and appreciate the feedback. Our amenities are nice and love that it felt like a vacation! We hope you found the ideal place. If we can serve you in any way, we would be grateful if you would call Lance our Executive Director.

Not Modern Enough

It was not a good tour for me. It felt like a hard sell and I didn't like hearing assumptions like "She would like the decor here." It wasn't a modern place that I had hoped and they allowed pets. It looked a little shabby so this was not going to work out for us.

Koelsch Senior Communities

Thank you for writing a review of Cascade Inn Independent & Assisted Living Community. Choosing a place for a loved one can be a challenge, and I am sorry that the tour felt like a hard sell. It is important to us that the fit is perfect and that it feels like home. We hope you find the ideal place, and if we can be of further assistance, please contact our Executive Director.

Highly Recommend

My mom has lived at Cascade Inn for just about 3 years now. Prior to moving into Cascade she lived at 2 other care places. One was pretty new and the other was 15 or so years old. The crystal chandeliers were certainly no refection on the poor care being provided. We picked Cascade Inn mostly because my mom has a friend that lives there and loves it. We also liked that it is family owned and they have actual licensed nurses there everyday. They have the most loving and caring group of people working there that we could ever ask for. We would never even consider anyplace else. Thank you to the [Removed] family for taking such great care of my mom and the other residents that live there.

Koelsch Senior Communities

Mike, thank you for writing this review of Cascade Inn Independent & Assisted Living Community. Choosing a place for a loved one can be a challenge and happy to read that both you and your mom are pleased. We will pass along the loving and kind compliments to our teams, and appreciate the mention of our 24 hour licensed nurses. If we can be of further assistance, please contact our Executive Director.

Marketing Director was very nice. Facility is older. Room we were shown was very small, run down and dreary. Dining room floors were dirty.

Koelsch Senior Communities

Thank you for writing this review and providing your comments for Cascade Inn Independent & Assisted Living Community. While we continue to make improvements inside and out, we will follow up with your specific areas of concern. If we can be of further assistance, please contact the Executive Director.

My Dad's older brother is hear. He is not so excited about this place because it feels dingy.

Koelsch Senior Communities

Thank you for providing your feedback for Cascade Inn Independent & Assisted Living Community. I am sorry to read that your dad’s brother is not excited about living here. While we continue to make improvements inside and out, we hope you or your loved one has called attention to specific areas to improve upon. If we can be of further assistance, please contact the Executive Director.

very old and not very clean

Koelsch Senior Communities

Thank you for providing your feedback for Cascade Inn Independent & Assisted Living Community. Our community is home to almost 200 residents and was built in 1979. While we continue to make improvements inside and out, we don’t consider ourselves “old.” I hope you were able to discuss with our team any areas that you felt needed attention, and I apologize that your visit did not meet your expectations. If we can be of further assistance, please contact the Executive Director.

Pleasant Tour

This is a nice community, and my tour went very well. The community is well-kept. From what I saw everything appeared to be be nice and clean. The staff I met was kind and friendly. They were also informative, my questions were answered. It was a pleasant experience, but this wasn't the place for my mom.

Koelsch Senior Communities

Thank you for the review of Cascade Inn Independent & Assisted Living Community. We are glad to read that your tour was successful and that all of your questions and concerns were answered. We know how hard it can be choosing a place for a loved one and we wish you the best of luck finding a great community. Our door is always open for any future questions.

Great Tour!!

Everything went very well while i was taking a tour of this community. I had the opportunity to see some of the residents interacting with the staff and it was very good. Everyone looked very happy. I was able to visit their nice dinning room. The studios that they offer are of a good size and very well maintained. I was given all the proper information that i needed about the community.

Koelsch Senior Communities

D.M., thank you for the helpful review. We are glad to read that your tour of Cascade Inn Independent & Assisted Living Community went very well. It is great to hear the tour of our community was informative; the dining room was nice and studios were a good size and well maintained. If we can be of further assistance, please contact our Executive Director.

The biggest complaint my mom has is the food, When we chose this facility the said they had a head Chef, well my mom says "they don't even have a cook" what comes out of the kitchen isn't anything like what it says is on the menu. Dining room staff is not friendly or seems to care.

Koelsch Senior Communities

Cindy, thank you for spending a few moments writing a review for Cascade Inn Independent and Assisted Living Community. We appreciate your mom’s feedback on the food and the demeanor of our Dining Services’ team. Our kitchen only uses quality ingredients, and we prepare all of our meals in-house. We are sorry that the food was not up to your mom’s standards. Please know we will continue to work with the Food Services Director on serving delicious items that match the menu. We take great pride in our team and the exceptional care that they provide for our residents. Again, we appreciate your observations in this matter. Our door is always open, and we invite you speak with the Executive Director regarding any future questions or concerns.

Mom will love it

My Mother just loves it at Cascade Inn from the food to the friendless of the residents. She did have a problem with a unfriendly nurse. My Dad is in rehab right now and when join her soon. We are confident he will like it also.

Koelsch Senior Communities

We are glad to hear that your mom loves it at Cascade Inn; we hope your dad has a quick recovery and can join her very soon. Hopefully, the situation with the nurse has been resolved. If not, please feel free to contact the Executive Director. Our open door policy allows our staff to maintain communication with our residents and family members, and we are confident that he will be able to assist you in this matter. We expect all our staff to be professional and treat our residents with dignity and respect that they deserve. Thank you for your feedback; it is very important to us.

Great facility

My Step-Dad is doing fine at Cascade Inn. It's a great facility, I like it. It feels kind of like a mini town. There are separate areas to do the activities, restaurant, movie theater, gathering area, workout room. The staff is friendly, I've had no problem with them. He enjoys the food. The only thing is it feels a little dated, but that's not a complaint though.

Look elsewhere for your love ones

Staff here are unhelpful and not passionate about their jobs. We put love ones here to be taken care of and that's not what happens here. Tour is deceiving about the care they do and how they treat the adults staying at the facility. Poor communication about the well being of your loved one.

Koelsch Senior Communities

Thank you for taking time to review Cascade Inn. Although we are disappointed when reviews are not favorable, our resident and family input is highly regarded and very important to all of us at Koelsch Senior Living. Our number one priority is the care and comfort of our residents. The people who work at Cascade Inn are passionate about serving seniors and we hope that they show this by taking care of the needs of all of our residents with joy and in accordance to state regulations. The services we provide at Cascade Inn are clearly communicated before prospective residents move in, and each care plan is based on individual care needs. These needs can change over time and our nurses are continuously in contact regarding any changes with both residents and their family members. We hope that if any concerns arise, our residents and family members will feel free to communicate those to our staff so that a solution can be provided.

Fantastic

Things are going fantastic. Oh no, I do not have any complaints at all with the staff or the facility so far. Things are going really well. Overall, we are having a good experience with Cascade Inn.

Staff was very friendly and helpful

The building was a bit dated but it was clean and fresh, the staff was very friendly and helpful.

Great staff

The only thing they could improve on is the information that they give up front. Some things have changed since my Mom moved in. The administration could use improvement, but the staff that cares for the residents is great.

Glad To Be Here

Well, I think the food could be a little bit hotter, but I think they are working on fixing that. Other than that, I am glad both me and my husband are here at Cascade Inn. My husband is also glad we are both here too.

A Good Place For My Dad

They are really friendly and accommodating and my dad is very happy there. However, they have messed up on the pills. He has received them and they are suppose to bring them at a certain time and they wouldn't be there and they'd come later. It is quite clean, but every now and then they would forget to clean some garbage cans. It seems to be a good place for my dad though.

they've been amazing

My mother is a veteran and they helped us to apply for her VA benefits, which really took a huge load off of me. I was looking for that kind of help, and when they said they would take care of it for me I was very relieved. In that regard they were really amazing. Everyone there is very friendly and helpful. My mother is still getting used to it, but overall she is doing well and they have been very helpful. They have been amazing and very accommodating, willing to do anything for her.

I really liked this facility and the options they provide. Affordable for our situation.

We are quite happy with them.

We are quite happy with them. I don't have any major concerns or complaints. I don't give anyone a five, but I would give them a four.

really good

The food at Cascade Inn seems to be really good. They were willing to work with him and bring him food into his room for the first couple of weeks while he gets acclimated. Any time I have noticed anything they have responded very well and have gone out of their way to help and accommodate very well. We've been very pleased. Dad is happy.

Our current front runner.

Very nice place!

We're very happy with how things have gone with Cascade Inn! The staff are all very friendly, and the facility itself is clean and well kept. They've provided everything my loved one has needed! It is a big weight off of my mind knowing that she is somewhere that she feels safe and secure.

No memory care

No memory care

My Parents Like It

For what we signed up for, the care is good. I think they're doing a pretty good job. My parents seem happy there. The overall value is the best out there, price-wise. They have all kinds of activities - cards, field trips, movies, music, sing-a-longs. They've got lots of stuff going on everyday. The food is alright. I'd give the food a three.

the place stinks like a dir...

the place stinks like a dirty locker room

Koelsch Senior Communities

We are disappointed to receive the comments below regarding a recent tour of Cascade Inn, but appreciate the feedback. Our staff strives to keep the community looking and smelling clean. Our community is home to 165 seniors, and although we strive to keep every area clean 100% of the time, it’s not always possible, just like a residential home.

At Cascade Inn and every other Koelsch Senior Community we pride ourselves on providing quality care and customer service for our residents. We encourage you to come visit us and see for yourself.

Cascade Inn a Koelsch Senior Community, is nestled in a neighborhood of family homes in Vancouver, WA. with shopping and medical clinics close by. Residents here enjoy a warm, relaxed lifestyle, and extensive social opportunities while having access to gracious amenities.

Cascade Inn includes accommodations for seniors who enjoy their independence but can rest easy in knowing that our 24 hour on-site Licensed Nurses are available if needed. Our full service community offers independent and assisted living in a charming atmosphere you can call home. As needs increase our continuum of care provides personal care and assistance catered to each resident in the privacy of their own apartment. Couples are welcome to stay in the same apartment, even though their individual needs may vary greatly. Accommodations are comfortable, spacious, and come with a variety of floor plans, some with kitchenettes.

Everyone likes options, which is why we provide a wide selection of activities 7 days a week and exercise programs for all residents to enjoy.

Our Respite Care program offers a short-term break for those caring for a loved one. Even though families take great joy in providing care, most need time away for weekend getaways, vacations, business trips, or unexpected events. All Respite Care residents receive the same care and services as our other residents under the watchful eyes of our 24 hour on-site licensed nurses and certified nursing assistants.

Koelsch Senior Communities has been serving seniors for over 50 years with the simple philosophy, "Treat all people with the respect they deserve and the special attention they need". We are a company built upon a foundation of dedication to residents and unsurpassed customer service.