Courtyard at Mt. Tabor - Portland, OR

Assisted Living & Memory Care--Courtyard’s Park building has care staff available 24 hrs a day to assist you or your loved one with any need. Our individual service plans allow you to utilize and pay for only those services you want. You and your family are then able to trust that each of your specific needs will be addressed. This approach leaves you and your loved ones available to focus on more life enriching moments and priorities. At Courtyard at Mt. Tabor, the focus is choice. Anytime dining program offers freedom to enjoy meals on your terms. Our generous menus feature delicious, fresh ingredients and include an array of items including sandwiches, soups, burgers, omelets and salads.

Mom Doing Well Here

This community is working out well for my mother, and her needs. She doing well, and we satisfied with this community. I'am comfortable with her move to this community. She is safe, and in good hands in this facility.

A good tour for care

We toured this community for the care that was needed. We did not like the location of the property. The staff seemed to be nice. The community is clean and we noticed that the community was a little older. We did see a menu and the list of activities. We would suggest that families

Not ready to call this home!

The community was really nice and set up good. The space in the rooms however were very small. The community did not have flexible meal times. Also I felt that this would not be a good fit for my loved one because they do not offer the kind of care my loved one needed. When your loved one turns into needing assistant care they are moved out of the building. The staff is very helpful though just not the place for us.

I guess we are pretty happy with it.

I guess we are pretty happy with it. I'm struggling a little with communication with the staff. They will answer my questions if I ask but they aren't as proactive with the communication as I would have thought. Sometimes the laundry is a little confusing, but things are kept pretty clean. I was impressed by how they handled him in the beginning. I liked their assessment process, and the location works well.

gook their time and really helped

When I first met with them, they took the time to sit down and talk with us, ask us questions, and really get to know my mom and her needs before we even started touring. None of the other places we investigated did that. Because they did that they were able to make specific recommendations to really help us out. They were great and it has been a very positive experience. Highly recommend We can't really own anything, we are always renting from the government!

Staff very actively interested in residents, tons of activities, great place

Their food is great, they do a wonderful job at that.

I really appreciate their hands on personal approach to residents. They're really accommodating. The interest of the sales staff doesn't end when you sign the dotted line; they know the residents by name, and they continue to interact with them. "Hello, how are you doing", and when I walk in, they know me by name.

I think for what they provide they are very reasonable.

Care services isn't applicable, because it's independent living.

They provide everything from outings to card games; the calender is full. They have a movie theater and show movies several times a week.

The location is very convenient for us; it works out fabulously for us.

I'm very pleased, and happy to have been referred to them.

It's amazing, a five star joint.

It's amazing, a five star joint. It's basically independent living, it's gorgeous. They do have assisted living, but it didn't offer the level of care we eventually needed. it's gorgeous, they have a movie theater, and a restaurant where you can order off the menu. There are a lot of residents, and that can be overwhelming at first, but there are plenty of social opportunities. They have champagne bingo, and the staff is outstanding. I would live there!

They did very well, we never had any complaints about anything.

Our friend lived here for a while. They did very well, we never had any complaints about anything. The staff was good, and it was a nice and clean place. It is an independent community and it worked great while she was independent. When she needed care we had to move.

I think it's great, I have a wonderful room.

I think it's great, I have a wonderful room. I think the staff is really wonderful. The food could be improved, I think it's the recipes. They are very good about being available for questions or concerns. For a while they weren't taking very many trips, but now that is picking up. I would like to see them do a swimming trip. I liked the spaciousness, the grounds are very nice as well.

It’s fantastic.

It’s fantastic. Every facet of it is wonderful! Visitor parking on holidays can be a little tight. Food is excellent. I’ve eaten there about a dozen times. There hasn’t been any issues with the laundry service at all. This is a really good community.

It's been wonderful, my parents are very happy.

It's been wonderful, my parents are very happy. We are happy that they are happy. Kevin is wonderful, and the food is good. Everyone is really nice and, it's nice and clean. We have no complaints at all so far. We are just so happy with them.

Very impressed so far!

So far we've been very pleased with the service here! It's a very nice place, and they always keep it clean. The staff are all friendly and it seems like the care and activities that they provide to the residents are very good.

The overall quality of the facility is impeccable....

The overall quality of the facility is impeccable, they are right there if we need them, and they go out of their way to make sure everything is ok. She says the food could be better. She feels very safe there. They have an activities director on premises, and goes out of her way to engage everyone there. They have three levels of care with independent living, assisted living, and memory care. The whole facility is really quite beautiful, and luxurious. You might think you are walking into a four or five star hotel.

Didn't Work

It didn't work for us. I felt like we shouldn't have been there, period. She should have been in skilled and I don't know if we miscommunicated to each other or what happened. It sounded like it would be more custodial than what we ended up with. People would come if she would call them, but she wound up in the hospital within a week of getting there, partly because she shouldn't have been there. They kind of sold us. I explained what level she would need, and we were all in the mindset of wanting her to be independent, but they shouldn't have signed her up. She fell numerous times while she was there. I think that the staff that were there tried to help, and we appreciated their assistance, but they're so busy trying to get people in there to pay that they're not giving accurate representation of what they can do.
Most of the other residents were much more independent. We should have put her into a skilled nursing facility, but they made it seem like she would be OK there.

Kevin did a fantastic job making mom ...

Kevin did a fantastic job making mom feel welcome, and accommodating her needs.

Not social enough

They had assigned seating for meals, I'm sure they were friendly and it would have been fine but the main thing was we didn't want him sititng with the same people everyday.
We have a friend whose sister is there and they don't even talk at lunch and maybe they're more extreme cases than he is yet.

By far the friendliest!

The Courtyard at Mt. Tabor was by far the friendliest and least institutional places we looked at which is why we chose it. Everyone in the family loves it but mom has had a slow adjustment, with dementia her opinions about the place changes daily. I think people looking for a place for their loved one should plan for unexpected costs. Everything that happens costs more, and it's not unique to the Courtyard, the senior care industry has lots of hidden costs that no place will share with you until something happens and you need more services. Those unexpected costs should be considered when budgeting for a loved one. The Courtyard at Mt. Tabor also offers a lovely independent living option and then the resident can transition to its assisted living option when needed. Someone in the industry recommended the Courtyard as the best facility for couples who may need different levels of care but want to live together in the same place. I thought that was a high recommendation coming from them.

Liked: Rooms, some views of Mt. Ta...

Liked: Rooms, some views of Mt. Tabor. Hallways had nice carpeting, colors, artwork on walls. Outdoor courtyards nice. Felt comfortable. Tai Chi 1-2 xs/week. Other excercise class in morning. Nice common spaces. 2 "libraries." Didn't like: Some rooms looked over parking lot. Mom concerned about activities not being that interesting to her.

Very nice place

Very nice place

This is a very nice facility with nic...

This is a very nice facility with nice staff; the place is well maintained and clean. No funny smells. There are many activities available. The food is served restaurant style. This was an impressive way to begin the search for Mom's new living situation. My only concern about this place is that it lacks much opportunity for walking - there is a sidewalk sized short walking path but it seems like there is opportunity for conflict between those using walkers, canes, and/or wheelchairs.

seemed nice. nothing really special,...

seemed nice. nothing really special, gave me soaps.

loved 'em, especially a particular ca...

loved 'em, especially a particular caregiver who comes up with things the residents can do.