CherryWood Village - Portland, OR

From the excitement of city life to the unity of a close knit community, CherryWood Village offers senior living with the best of both worlds. This delightful 12‐acre campus is nestled in a secure and convenient area near the Adventist Medical Center and the Mall 205 shopping center. Residents are just minutes away from all the activities, adventures and destinations offered by the beautiful Portland area. Celebrating Seventy Years of Service. The heart of our campus is the Village Square. Here, residents can enjoy delicious meals at the Village Grill, share stories over coffee at the Cherry Delight Café, stay fit with classes and programs at our wellness center, and make new friends every day through activities, events, worship services and more.

OK, nice place but not our first choice.

My husband and I visited Cherrywood Village on May 8th, 2017. We popped in unannounced and we were treated very well. [Removed], the Sales Manager, was very gracious and explained the philosophy of the community. As a family owned community, the values of the original creator, was to value and respect not only the residents but staff as well. The family owners believe giving residents respect and concern for the entire person inside and out, greatly enhances the well being and overall health and vitality. Additionally, by treating the staff with the same respect and concern helps the staff's self respect and, ultimately by feeling cared by the employers, enables the staff's compassion and care for the residents. The benefit overall is the staff retention gives a sense of stability and predictability for the residents.
Because we came late in the day, we didn't see all of the campus. However, my husband and I went away very impressed by what we saw and even more you what we heard.
We are moving back to Portland to be close to our family. It is an exciting time for all of us! We are researching different communities now so in 12 to 18 months, when we expect to move, the place we want will already be chosen and ready for us.
Cherrywood Village is the top choice for us right now!

Great option for a mobile senior

Cherrywood Village was too large for my parents. The staff was very helpful and they had great follow-up. I think this community is a good option for a senior who can get around easily.

After our first visit, this one is definately on the list for mom to visit. Very nice facility with a number of different living areas and a wide range of activities. I like the idea of mom being able to spend a night there to meet some people and experience the community more directly.

A very nice community that I think anyone would enjoy living in.
The restaurant is spacious and the food is good and seems to have
enough of a variety to keep one happy.

I Took A Tour!!

I went on a very quick and brief tour of the CherryWood Village. I thought it was a very big community. It was clean and the staff there seemed very nice. Meal plans and activities were discussed with the tour guide. The guide was very knowledgeable about what the community had to offer and was very courteous.

Perfect fit. Hits all the top things one needs kk

Love this home. People are great service great and food is great I couldn't ask for better care for my loved one

We have lived here less than a month - far too soon to rate CherryWood. But soar all has gone smoothly including several minor repairs and maintenance issues. We chose a cottage so have not used many of the services yet.

My mom has lived at CherryWood for about 2 weeks and I have to say the staff are very friendly. They do not use a computerized system and occasionally there have been some miscommunication issues. Since moving into the community my mom has gone from independent living to assisted living as she did not feel comfortable in some aspects of independent living. We have noticed that the toilets are bit low and we are currently looking into finding a raised seat. Since moving to assisted living she is looking forward to participating in the activities offered.

It's a very comfortable welcoming place. The staff is very kind to my aunt. Overall, I think it's a very, very well run, great organization.

Very happy to have found this home for my aunt. The staff is friendly and very helpful. The facility is very well kept and comfortable and I can feel good that my aunt is well cared for and safe.

Fine place if you don't require much assistance

When my dad needed extra care at night, the admin staff threatened to make my parents leave if we didn't hire a personal night caregiver, as they were understaffed. It is true that they were understaffed, and, unfortunately a lot of the caregiving staff were not trained in basic caregiving. When dad began requiring more day care as well, the staff again threatened to make my parents move and made life hard for them until we moved them to another assisted living facility. It was added stress for our family. It is probably a good place to live if you aren't going to need much help.

Pretty Satisfied

I have been pretty satisfied with the place so far. I think that they need to hire more care-givers though. The food is good and there are a lot of activities for the residents to participate in. I have been happy with it.

I absolutely love this place!

I absolutely love this place. My dad has just blossomed since he's been there. The care is superb. I know my father is safe. I have no worries about him at all. The CherryWood Village is a great place.

Be cautious. Get everything in writing!

The facility offered everything my parents wanted but not satisfied with the sales staff. After my parents put down a deposit and were verbally told things the staff later denied saying such things. My advice is to get everything in writing. I hope this was an isolated incident but don't know. They are still on a waiting list for an apartment and we hope something becomes available soon.

Mom loves CherryWood Village

Cherry Wood Village was not the place I'd expected my parents, chiefly my mom, to choose. She'd wanted a smaller, homey, family, friendly place so I selected places to visit that fit her requirements. But when none of those felt right to her I told her about Cherry Wood Village, and in spite of it not being small, she immediately fell in love with it. And if my mom was happy, so was my dad! Their adjustment has been good; the staff has been helpful, the care excellent, they've met some potential friends, and the food.....well, I believe that may be my parents' favorite part over everything else!!

They oversold and under-delivered.

They aren't really meeting our needs. They need to be a little more caring, as far as the staff is concerned. It seems like for them it's just a job. The food is good I would say a four and a half to a five. I feel like they sold more than they delivered. They really want you in the door.

I like them except...

I like them except for the food. It’s too salty and that is really not good for seniors to eat. I’d give everything else a four or a five, but the food is so important to being healthy. They have said they’d improve on that and I hope to see progress.

Friends like it, but not right for us

They had assigned seating for meals and we didn't like that because we thought he would get bored. I think the neighborhood had lots of sidewalks. I have friends who live there, she loves all the people there and she's very friendly and likes it but we didn't like the assigned seating.

Place was beautiful - well kept up, c...

Place was beautiful - well kept up, clean, lots of activities - sunny dining areas - nice outdoor places including a garden she could plant herself. Large pool and nice fitness center. Staff seemed nice. It felt like a cruise ship. We had some concerns it was so big that Mom might get confused in the long hallways. [removed] They did not remember we were coming and scrambled to find someone to give us a tour. We had a good tour though - but didn't get to ask a lot of the pricing, etc. questions.