Park Creek Place MC - North Wales, PA

Park Creek Place MC - North Wales, PA has yet not published prices.

I cannot say enough good things about Park Creek Place. My sister and I could no longer take care of our father, who has dementia, at home. So we began to look for a memory care facility for him.

The setup of Park Creek Place is very warm and inviting. The large, open courtyard-like room in the front serves as a gathering place for activities, and as the reception area for visitors. There are two identical wings off the main room with dining areas, enclosed gardens, activity rooms and the bedrooms. What we liked is that the residents can move freely among all the different areas safely according to what they feel like doing. The bedrooms are set up nicely and have plenty of room.

Our experience in visiting many assisted living facilities is that the people who work there make all the difference in the world as to the feel of a facility. And the people that work at Park Creek Place could not be nicer. The community is small, and feels like someone's home rather than an impersonal institution. Every staff member knows every residents' name, and refers to them as “my friend [name removed]” instead of [name removed]. They have been so helpful in transitioning our father to the community, and in making the family feel comfortable that he will be well cared for in his new home. They have been excellent at keeping the family informed about the important and the routine events in his new life. My sister and I visit several times a week and call to speak to our father when we cannot be there. When we do call, [name removed] or [name removed] always mention how his day is going or something sweet that he did.

Another impressive thing we noticed about the staff is that everyone is willing to do whatever is needed at a particular moment, even if it is not within their usual job description. For example, one day [name removed], the director of memory care, was leading a group activity and another day she was helping a family move in by finding a hand cart for them to use. [name removed], the community relations director, helped us set up a FaceTime conversation between our mother and father when they could not be together. We have had two family gatherings at Park Creek so relatives could visit with our father. And the staff helped us reserve the room, bring additional tables into the room and then clean up after. They did not have to help, but it was very nice that they did.

The number of daily activities and special monthly activities planned for the residents each day is impressive. [name removed] and [name removed] are terrific at including every resident in a particular activity. Because some residents speak softly, they make the effort to lean in when asking the resident a question so they can hear the resident's answer, and then repeat it for the group. They cheerfully help the residents move to various areas for each activity, sometimes putting their arm around the resident's shoulder to gently guide them, or holding another's hand or pushing them in their wheelchairs. What impressed us is that every resident is included, and no one is ignored.

The small touches tailored to the residents' age mean so much, such as playing music that the residents are familiar with. Park Creek Place usually has music on from the fifties, sixties and seventies. They celebrate each resident's birthday with balloons and a song. Family members are invited to join their loved ones for special activities each month. So far we have attended several entertaining musical performances, a really interesting exotic animal night and various holiday get-togethers. They also host an Alzheimers/Dementia support group every month.

Our father has received excellent medical care from the Care Management staff. When he needed to go to the hospital they called us immediately and kept us informed as to his diagnosis and when he would be returned to the facility. We appreciate that they have regular care plan meetings scheduled with the family, and that they are available to discuss concerns and issues at any time. [name removed], the care services manager, and the nurses have been very helpful in answering questions during our father's transition to memory care.

All in all, we have had a very positive experience with Park Creek Place and are very happy to have our father there.

Very comfortable with our mom's care

We are very pleased with the care our mom is getting here. The staff is attentive and they really care about the residents here and I admire them for being able to work with memory care. The community is nice, bright, open and clean and we like the center courtyard because it is secure and the resident like gathering there. There are activities to keep the residents busy as well.

Awesome

The staff at this community are wonderful. The food is ok and they offer some nice activities. They keep the community clean and I would recommend this community for memory care. The assisted living community is right next door so it is easy for spouses and family to visit.

A Very Good Memory Care

My dad is doing very well living here with the community . We are very happy with how the memory care is provided by them. It was a good fit for my dad.

Father Is In Good Hands

I'am satisfied with my fathers move to this community. He is doing well, and I'am pleased with all they have done for. He is safe, and receiving good care. The staff is good, and they are taking good care of him, and his needs. Everything is working our well, and this community I would recommend to my family, and friends.

Comfort and Care

This is an OK community for care. The staff is friendly and the environment of the community is very nice. The community is clean and maintained. They do offer activities and attempt to engage all community members. The activities are varied and more substantive than someone just trying to fill-up space on the calendar. At other places I have seen reading the horoscopes for the day out loud considered an activity. Let's be honest, no one wants to put a loved one in a care institution. Its not like home. At times I have found it difficult to locate staff but I think that is how it is at all of these places. We would recommend the care for other families but encourage family participation.

Outstanding

I cannot rate thus facility highly enough. I had to place both my parents in a very quick, crisis situation, from out of state. One has serious memory care needs, the other was in need of long term rehab.
The facility is sparkling clean. Residents can walk freely, even going outside to a large enclosed patio. With only 40 residents, it was a personal, friendly community, not a warehouse.
The staff is incredible, top to bottom. The executive director made a 7 hour drive on a weekend to do the evaluation required for placement. The director knows not only every resident, but all of their family. She was greeting our extended family members by name immediately. Everyone has been trained so well for dementia care and is so respectful and gentle with residents.
The rooms were large and well designed so my parents were easily transitioned from their home. The medical support we have seen is terrific- responsive, professional and very high quality.
Do not miss this as an option. It has been a level of care that changed our family.

My father's Comfort

This is an outstanding community for the care of my father's needs. The staff are caring and helpful in all areas needed for his good care .The community is clean and maintained. They offer alot of nice activiites for the residents to participate. We would recommend this community for the good value and care for loved ones.

We are very satisfied with Park Creek

My husband is doing well at this community. The staff are very friendly. They do offer daily activities. The food is good and they do offer some choices if you do not like the main meal option. This is a nice place and the residents are able to walk around freely. I would recommend this community.

They Helped Our Family

I like the look of the community and how much the staff do for the residents. I like everything, they have top notch care and really try to get the residents involved with activities. They helped me out so much, it is an amazing gift for us and I am so thrilled they are caring for my dad. He is getting care he needs and in safe environment. The staff are great, helpful, attentive, and giving me updates. The meals and activities have been good and suitable. I would recommend them to anyone.

Very pleasant , professional and caring staff. A very clean and attractive place .

Mom's happy home

I am happy with the care that my mom is getting here. The food is very good. I like knowing that she is wanting to participate with the other residents. We found the community to be clean and well maintained. I would recommend the care at this community to other families.

A nice community!

The caregivers at this community seemed competent. The administration was pretty good. They seemed to always be on the same page and listened to you. Dad seemed to like the food and the community is well kept. They encouraged him to participate in some of the daily activities they offered. I would recommend this community.

Park Creek Place

The place itself was extremely clean and the first place that I have never experience any smells upon entering (a number of times) Staff from Executive director down appear to take complete ownership and have a total team effort and hands on to serve the residents and keep place extremely clean. I made the decision to move my aunt into the property.