Redwood Terrace - Escondido, CA

Thank you Gannon House staff!

Greetings! I just spent a couple days with my parents who both reside in the Gannon House. I gave 5 stars on all the categories for the facility and staff because they really are 5 star staff who work in a 5 star facility! The facility was immaculate. The staff treated residents with a real sense of friendliness demonstrating the fact that they value my parents. The staff goes out of their way to care for and bless residents. And I loved all the activities that are provided.

Thank you Gannon House staff! You help me rest in the fact that my parents are superbly taken care of!

Blessings to you all,
[name removed]

Very positive experience

Kay was relaxed and friendly. After it was established that we were just gathering info on Redwood Terrace and in no hurry to find a place, there was no pressure at all and she was very through, unrushed, and flexible in meeting us. Both my mom and I would pleased with our time with Kay.

Nice place, pleasant residences.

We toured this facility, and saw some of the activity areas, apartments, a cottage, the dining room and administrative area/library.

The cottage was roomy and the apartment was adequate, with plenty of storage space. It had limited dining space, but everything was updated and really very nice. Washer and dryer in the residence.

It was between meals so we did not have an opportunity to try the food. We did not see a lot of activity going on, but the resident we spoke with in the cottage said she's been living here for 10 - 15 years and loves it; would not want to live anywhere else.

We did not see the assisted living area or the skilled nursing area, but they get good marks at Medicare.gov. I would want another tour, specifically in those areas.

Our absolute favorite out of 13 we visited on our trip; as close to perfect as I could hope. The history of the company and its non-profit business model visibly benefit the residents. It was not the most luxurious community we saw - still very impressive - but I think it's the best for the money. The location is quiet but not secluded; easy access to town with low traffic. The entry fee model is a caveat - different from any other community - but the end-of-life assistance plan is extremely attractive for peace of mind, especially with one parent already headed towards advanced dementia. The $1500 wait list fee is guaranteed refundable in writing, so we are jumping on board.

Redwood tops the list.

My wife and I came with a friend who is interested and everything was so nice we became interested as well. We have looked at others and Redwood definitely stands out in all categories. Kay Keith is extremely helpful and knowlegeable on all the details. Monthly fees seem a bit high and we wished there was a lap pool, otherwise Redwood is tops!

Wonderful place

You and all of your staff are amazing. Your help, patience, and caring are beyond belief. I would like to express my thanks to the administration, the nurses, the social workers, housekeeping, the maintenance workers and security. All of you have gone beyond expectations, even helping my sister arrange outside services (caregivers, etc.).

Our Number One Choice

After visiting many of the retirement communities in the San Diego area, Redwood Terrace stood out as the one place that had everything we need and want. All the levels of care are there, the food is good, the units are spacious, the grounds are lovely, and the staff are very gracious. We especially appreciated the time that Kay Keith took to show us around and answer our many questions. She made us feel right at home. We can't wait to move in!

Life is a One Way Street! - Make the most of it!

Life is a One-Way Street! Straight ahead all the way from conception to receptical, make the most of it for others and yourself - my philosophy! The last stage is currently mine, carrying a philosophy of you only go this way once--enjoy! Presently Redwood Terrace is the way I am traveling. Why you ask? you moved away from friends, relatives and your home of 20 years. Simple: I like people, sharing their experiences and knowledge. This home offers me companionship when needed, and activities that improve my mind and body. More importantly, a loving, trained and congenial staff, ready and willing to help and care for my needs when necessary. During my 6 years residency, the community allowed me to utilize my life experiences and training by helping to make new residents feel welcome by serving on the hospitality committee, offering suggestions for plant maintenance, supporting and enjoying outside adventures that I would not utlize alone. I am glad that I did not miss this, by staying alone in my home or joining and inconveniencing my family. We each need to live doing our thing then get together with others and enjoy them. The other side of this coin is giving something: helping to plan for low maintence green areas, operating a Book Cart to entertain those in the Health Care Center and holiday gifts which were received with hearty laughs and smiles. Volunteering is a Two-Way Street - straight ahead!

Redwood Terrace--A great Place to call Home.

Clean, attractive units with attention to details by housekeepers and staff. The grounds are very well maintained and landscaped. Safety is maintained and monitored daily. Food is prepared and served by professional staff. All employees are very friendly and helpful. On site housing includes Independent and Assisted Living, as well as Memory Care. We have onsite services including a skilled nursing unit , and access to physical therapy including a therapy pool. A wide variety of activities are available: Bingo, Friday Fun Night, and bus outings to local points of interest and restaurants. An outstanding library is enjoyed by all. Overall, a very good value for all Redwood Terrace has to offer.

Rehab in health Center

It took us a bit to figure out the medications but now I am sleeping well. The food at Redwood is terrific and I love the variety.

The Story of Redwood Terrace Through My Eyes

My uncle lived at Redwood Terrace and had a wonderful apartment that was larger then most apartments we had seen when he was looking for a place to live. My uncle's health deteriorated over the last few months and I had to take over his affairs. Their financial director (Jonathan) was very helpful and understanding and delayed money owed (with no late fee!) while I took control of his finances.
Their social worker Sandy even went to the store to purchase clothes for my uncle! (I live several hundred miles away). Then while I was clearing out my uncles apartment their marketing director (Kay) offered much needed advice on movers and also on their ability to take care of items left in the apartment. Everyone was very helpful during trying times including the nurses. I could go for a while but I will finish up saying the head of their maintenance assisted in bringing boxes and offered bags to remove some of the items out of the apartment.
Another wonderful thing about Redwood Terrace is that they have all types of care from independent living and the way to nursing/hospice areas.
Kudos to the people and the passion they have about their facility!

I can't say enough good things about Redwood Terrace.

My parents have been in the assisted living area of Redwood Terrace for almost two years now. I really can't say enough positive things about the overall experience they have had and are having there. The atmosphere is warm and welcoming, the staff kind and caring, the facility is very well maintained, the food is delicious, and there are lots of activities for the residents. Both Dad and Mom have health issues that require complicated regimens - administration of medicines (including frequent blood tests and insulin shots), physical therapy, and doctors' appointments, all of which is coordinated by the nurses. Because I live on the east coast and can only visit every three months or so (although we chat almost daily), I feel incredibly blessed to have found Redwood Terrace for my parents. The staff really does feel like family, and Dad and Mom are so well cared for - both physically and emotionally.

Why We Like Redwood Terrace

Our experience in living at Redwood Terrace has been the difference between night and day as compared to our previous experience at a different Senior Living Facility in Escondido.

Redwood's residents, staff and employees are all very friendly, and we have especially been thankful for the nursing staff that are prompt and very efficient in taking care of our health needs. Likewise, employees in the maintenance department are always on top of whatever fix-it needs we may have.

Last, and certainly not least, is the outstanding food services department. We are amazed at both the quality and the quantity of the meals served to the residents.

Finally Home

The day I walked into Redwood Terraces I knew I was home. The warm, friendly staff went out of their way to make me feel welcome and show me the ropes cheerfully. I observed how attentive and compassionate the staff is to the residents and genuinely care about their well being. I soon learned that the residents are hands down, the BEST residents anywhere. I came into a job where I had some pretty big shoes to fill, but they only showed kindness, patience and love. I am very blessed to be here at Redwood Terraces and honored to work with such fabulous staff and residents.

Life is a "One Way Street"! - Make the most of it!

Life is a "One-Way Street"! Straight ahead all the way from conception to receptical, make the most of it for others and yourself - my philosophy! The last stage is currently mine, carrying a philosophy of "you only go this way once--enjoy!" Presently Redwood Terrace is the way I am traveling. Why you ask? "you moved away from friends, relatives and your home of 20 years." Simple: I like people, sharing their experiences and knowledge. This home offers me companionship when needed, and activities that improve my mind and body. More importantly, a loving, trained and congenial staff, ready and willing to help and care for my needs when necessary. During my 6 years residency, the community allowed me to utilize my life experiences and training by helping to make new residents feel welcome by serving on the hospitality committee, offering suggestions for plant maintenance, supporting and enjoying outside adventures that I would not utlize alone. I am glad that I did not miss this, by staying alone in my home or joining and inconveniencing my family. We each need to live doing "our thing" then get together with others and enjoy them. The other side of this coin is giving something: helping to plan for low maintence green areas, operating a "Book Cart" to entertain those in the Health Care Center and holiday gifts which were received with hearty laughs and smiles. Volunteering is a "Two-Way Street" - straight ahead!

Happy at Redwood Terrace

My husband and I considered many options when we decided to move from our upstairs condo. Living at Redwood Terrace in Escondido has exceeded our fondest hopes. These are some of the benefits we appreciate:
1) a secure, spacious, sunny cottage with our own little garden, 2) consistently well-kept lawns, gardens and trees, 3) a beautiful, quiet, secure neighborhood with nearby banks and stores. Meal times are also pleasant. The whole Redwood community has been like a wonderful, supporting family, with staff knowing everyone by name. There are interesting outings, challenging lectures, various types of games, and delightful seasonal decorations throughout the buildings. I can't imagine being as happy any place else.

What to do

I especially like the amount and variety of off campus activities. Every thing from different types of restaurants, high end to pizza, and the choice to go is your option. We also attend concerts, go to museums, go on picinics to the beach and other places, with a wonderful box lunch supplied by our own kitchen. We went to downtown San Diego to visit the new library with lunch at Anthony's by the Sea
There are also many on campus activities, again with your option to attend or not attend. The once a month atsramaner is extremely interesting. WE have bridge players, majong players and other game groups. Attend or not the choice is yours. There is even a WII FI bowling group on Mondays afternoons. It is a wonderful place to be active and make new friends

Great living at Redwood Terrace

I have been residing at Redwood Terrace over nine years and find it to be pleasant living with friendly residents and competent, caring and friendly staff. Recently married to a
fellow resident, we are enjoying our retirement experiences here.

Choosing an active lifestyle and a friendly community...

My wife of 72 years and I moved to Redwood Terrace 15 years ago and have thoroughly benefitted from making this our choice. When she passed away two years ago, I felt fully supported and cared for by almost everyone around me. I especially valued the ability of any resident to choose any lifestyle that he/she wants. In my case, I found an active lifestle that suited my wants. This includes being on the Resident Council and serving on different committees like food, hospitality and finance. Being involved in this way assured that we would make long lasting friendships that have been so fulfilling and rewarding. We have always been glad that we made this choice and so have our adult children who love to come to visit and stay in our Guest Rooms.

Absolutely Fantastic!

They are absolutely the most fantastic community
They are amazing and I’ve done a lot of research. This one should be a model. They have a signup sheet that is clearly visible. The couple I helped find this for went to tour the midway. If you sign up 24 hours ahead, they’ll take people to doctor’s office - if you’re not able to do it by yourself they’ll have someone go with you. They have shuttle buses for different churches and shopping options.

They have an indoor pool, computer labs, and a library. They have a little gift shop. They have different clubs – like cards and dance. IT’s amazing and wonderful. By each floor by the elevator – they have a little hostess center with coffee, juice, and pastries. They can go down there when the cleaning staff comes in.

Old

It's simply old. the rooms are big because it's old but the facility just needs to be torn down and reworked.

Dan Hutson

Yes, our community is older than some of our competitors. The good news for residents, as this reviewer points out, is that we have a wide range of sizable accommodations, including cottages and even single-family homes that offer lots of space and storage opportunities. Every residence that changes hands is beautifully remodeled for the new residents, and we’re planning to do some renovation of our main lobby soon. Best of all, our longevity and experience really make Redwood Terrace the community of choice when it comes to health care, including skilled nursing and memory care. Just ask your local health care provider!

Located just a short drive from the sights and sounds of San Diego in the quiet, rural town of Escondido, Redwood Terrace is a luxury community offering some of the finest senior living in Southern California. As a continuing care retirement community, we provide a full range of retirement living options from independent and assisted living to skilled nursing, catering to seniors at every stage of life’s journey.

Featured Amenities
To accommodate a variety of lifestyles, we offer our residents a wide selection of one- and two-bedroom apartment floor plans. All of our residential units come equipped with private bathrooms and full kitchens, and select units may also feature patios, balconies, in-unit washer/dryers, walk-in closets or dens.

As part of our resort-style experience, residents enjoy a number of amenities such as private, secure underground parking, regular cleaning services, landscaping and maintenance, 24-hour security and scheduled local transportation. Our community also features an on-site fitness center, indoor swimming pool, and ceramics and woodworking programs for our residents to enjoy.

Available Services
Providing the peace of mind of that comes with knowing the help you need is just steps away, Redwood Terrace’s professional healthcare staff is available 24 hours a day to offer not only supportive services but also skilled nursing and hospice care. In addition, we are also able to provide rehabilitation services for residents recovering from surgery.
Residents who need a little extra support with the activities of daily living may take advantage of our assisted living services which include assistance with tasks such as bathing, meal preparation, dressing and taking medication.

Redwood Terrace is an ideal retirement community for the senior who wants it all.