Las Villas De Carlsbad - Carlsbad, CA

Familiar with CalPERS billing; short term skilled nursing; RN or LVN on duty. Set fee @ daily rate, included basic cable. resident pays for WIFI & phone. Slight odor in halls. Restaurant style dining. Security pendant @ $50/mo; Toured studio & 1bed. Outdoor pool/jacuzzi, putting green & gardening. Laundry & housekeeping 1x/week. Accepts Medicare/Medical. Independent living in separate bldg. Respite care available +$500 "move=in" @ +$15.00 over daily rate.

Dad is loving this community

Dad is adjusting very well here better than I expected. They have all the services my dad needs and the most important thing is the medication management getting them on time. This place is always clean. Dad is fitting in well and meeting people. He gets 3 good meals a day but they are about to accommodate him with a diabetic diet. They try to engage him to join the daily activities. They have a pool and nice amenities all the way around. I want to say that [Removed] has outstanding customer service. She has gone to visit dad to see if he is adjusting well. And she will call me and communicate very well. I recommend this community.

Only Have Been Here A Short Time

I am hoping that as time goes on things will improve. Mom has only been here a few weeks and it has been a major adjustment for all of us. She is doing good now, however, there were difficulties with transitional paperwork which lead to confusion of care she needed or didn't need. The scheduling of bath/shower times could be adjusted to be later in the morning instead of 4 am. The maintenance staff could be a little more helpful when asked to do something. The food seems to be ok.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for your feedback. Our top priority is our residents and making sure they receive the proper care.We do apologize for the difficulties in the beginning.

Parents Doing Well

My parent is doing well with their move to this community. I know they are in good hands, and they are safe. The staff is great, they have been helpful, and kind. I'am satisfied with all they have done for my family. This is a community I would recommend.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for the feedback. We are glad to hear your parents are loving their new home! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us.

Care for family

We toured this nice community. It is a bigger community and did not have the feeling that we were looking for at the time. The lunch was appealing and we liked the variety. they have a lot of activities. We would recommend this community for families to tour for the care of a loved one with a good value and atmosphere for others.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for your feedback! We are glad you enjoyed your tour and had a positive experience with us. We are sad to hear you went a different direction.

Overall the care is sufficient but room for improvement.
Promises unkept. I'll be right back, never see Them.
The food is improving so thank you.
No easily assessable way to mail a letter. The front desk is a far distance for handicapped people. Why not provide convenient drop off boxes.

Especially bad is the response from doctors. There has to be a better way to respond.than 24 or 48 hours. Imagiine doctor being in pain for that long.

Very nice place!!

I went to visit my mother during Christmas, and the place was very nice. All of the staff were friendly, and the place seemed to be very well maintained. The food was good as well. So far, it's been a good fit for my mother.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for the kind review! There is no greater honor than to be trusted with a very special member of your family.

Taking Good Care of my Loved One

My loved one is doing very well since his move to this community. They are taking good care of him and his needs. They have a lovely staff, they are very kind and sweet. They have many resources available for the residents. I've had a couple of meals, and the food is very good. I like this community, it is a very nice place.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for the kind words! We work very hard to create the best environment possible for our residents!

Very nice facility - staff very friendly.. Impressive - even has a pool and hot tub as well as 7-7 meals -very active social calendar. Large warm friendly living room - Bistro area for coffee tea and wine Happy hour gatherings. Community fee of $2,000 -- extra features include rehab and PT as well as after hospital care etc. Large salad bar and fresh fruit bar at main meals. All things inclusive in room rate except phone and land line for int A definite see Large nice library and community rooms.

Negliigent

The Nursing Staff gave my father medication and had a bad result. They called the paramedics, who stabilized him and left. The staff did not contact us, his family. The next two nights in a row they gave him the same medication and got the same bad result and had to call the paramedics two more nights in a row. On one of the days I visited him and his IV site from the paramedics visit the night before had never clotted and was oozing and had soaked through the bandage and to his clothes from armpit to waist. On the third night he was transported to the hospital. No one thought to question the medication or consult with his doctor. It took someone 20 hours to notice he was no longer at the home. Upon being released two days later, we returned to the home. to fine no one had cleaned his room, there was food by his bed from two days ago. We talked to four different people, a nurse & three others, none of which knew that my father had medication issue and had been in the hospital for the past two days. The staff, although friendly doesn't communicate with us or each other very well. We took it upon ourselves to check to see if the Nursing Staff had the new medication schedule for the hospital, they didn't, we had to give it to them. If we had not checked, they would have given him the same medications that caused him to go to the hospital. We also found out they only have one nurse on staff at night for 3 buildings worth of people, including a "Skilled Nursing" wing. They also have not Doctor on staff or on call. We are not pleased with the care and will not recommend this place to anyone. We will be leaving.

Megan Strothman

We are sorry to hear that this has been a negative experience for you. Our mission is dedicated to enriching the lives of the individuals who live and work with us. We take this mission very seriously and we are saddened to hear your comments. What you described in your review is certainly not indicative of how Elmcroft does business or treats their residents. We are known for our compassionate, friendly, and experienced staff who goes above and beyond for our residents. We are truly sorry you felt differently and therefore would like to apologize. With that said, we do have new management in place and we are more confident than ever that we will continue to enrich the lives of others. Again, I am sorry to hear this has been a difficult experience for you.

A Nice Place But Expected More

Recently my brother got sick and he is now at their health center. The people there are wonderful and the therapist is great too. When buzzed they come right away. When my brother was living in the community I would visit often and I would leave notes on the door with what he needs. I also notice they take about 30 minutes to respond to the buzzer. On the weekend they do not have enough staff. Overall it is a nice place and the staff are nice but I expected better from them.

My Bother Is Loving It Here

My brother is really loving this community. We are very happy with everything they have done for us. It was a very good move for him. We know he is receiving good care and is in good hands. It is a good looking facility, they do a pretty good job with the cleaning. The staff have been good and very helpful. He is trying some activities and making some new friends. He is pleased with the food. Overall everything is working out well.

Things are going well here

Things are going well here. The staff is kind and caring. The facility is always clean and orderly. The residents here are even friendly. This is a very nice facility.

A Good Place

The only thing that I would have to say is that they control my medications, which is fine because I do not always take them on time, but the do it for me. They remember at what times to give me my medications so i don't have to think about it.

excellent staff

The staff at Las Villas De Carlsbad has been extraordinarily friendly, cheerful, and competent. Very helpful in every way. They have really impressed me a great deal. I love that there is a nice swimming pool on campus, and that it is on a residential street where there is not a lot of traffic close by.

Adrianne was simply amazing! From the moment I started speaking with her, I felt this incredibly positive energy. She is extremely professional with a compassionate heart. She is extremely knowledgeable and answered all my questions. She also went above her call of duty to accomodate my out of state parents. She is deffinitely one of the reasons why I am looking forward to have my parents live in Las Villas De Carlsbad. Thank you Adrianne.

Some billing concerns

I can’t rate the activities because my loved one isn’t able to participate in them. My only real complaint with them is that my loved one started with a two week respite care – then became a long term resident. The billing is still a little messed up. There was a little bit of an acclimatization period.

Very nice place!

I stayed at Las Villas for a week-long respite stay. I had a lovely room overlooking the pool, and it was very clean. The staff were very attentive, and I can tell that they really care about their residents.

Unfortunately I was unable to partake in any of the activities they offered because there was a flu epidemic right before I stayed there and they had to cancel all of them, but everything else about Las Villas is wonderful. I would definitely consider moving here in the future.

Pretty nice

They have a nursing care unit that Medicare will pay for. They don’t have snacks available all day long. They were pretty nice though and we considered them. Being able to age in place might be something that appeals to some people.

Initial impressions after moving are very good

First weeks impression: It's an older place, but clean. Including bathrooms and stairwells. The staff has been very responsive when issues arise and in their day to day dealings with residents. Several residents have spontaneously told me that they're happy there and some have been there many years. Several of the staff have been there decades as well.

Good value compared to some of the other places in town. Includes first hour of care in a competitive rate.

Still early, but first impressions are positive

A great place to live

I moved my father into the facility within one day and he has never wanted to return to his private residence. The first thing that convinced him to stay was the food and I love it too when I come to visit. It is a beautiful facility with a fire going in the fireplace all day long. The staff and medical staff are all excellent in there treatment of everyone.
I feel so relieved to have found this for my father he is safe, cared for, fed and is surrounded by wonderful friendly residents. Oh did I say it's affordable as well. Don't hesitate to check this out for your loved one.

Uninformed Staff

I toured this facility today in search of a long term care facility for my 95 year old aunt. One woman was being trained and the other supposedly was a community services administrator. I had several questions that the administrator could not answer - I felt these were simple questions she definitely should have had immediate answers to - and she left me sitting with her trainee for a good 10 minutes in awkward silence. The trainee did not attempt to engage in any conversation whatsoever. When the administrator returned with my answers, we toured the facility. Nice facility overall. Looks very clean and well maintained. Just seemed very quiet and subdued, as was the demeanor of the administrator. I asked for a price quote to be e-mailed to me as the pricing structure was very confusing and not straightforward at all. I was promised an e-mail straight away and still have not received one. My aunt will not be living here.

Snooty and Expensive

My dad didn't like it. He thought it was too snooty. I don't know how else to say it. It was really, very expensive. It was almost $1000 a month more for the same things that my dad is getting at his community.

Good Care

It was very good. It was very clean and the care was good. The food was good to. My mother liked it as much as someone can like being in a place like that and not being home.

So Far So Good

They have things like bingo over there and they had a luau. Lots of different activities. My mom would rather be at her house but she's being taken care of. The food is good.

We liked the facility. It may be a fi...

We liked the facility. It may be a fit for our sister. She would have to visit and look at it for herself. No younger residents, all over 80 whereas Emeritus had some younger residents.

Las Villas De Carlsbad located in Carlsbad, California is a multilevel retirement community that offers a full continuum of care. Care options include: assisted living, independent living, and health and rehabilitation care.

Las Villas De Carlsbad offers all-inclusive daily rates, private and shared apartments, common areas for socializing, dining an entertaining, and easy access for those with limited mobility.

We encourage you to request more information and schedule a visit today to learn more about Las Villas De Carlsbad's multilevel retirement care options.