Palisade Nursing Home Company Inc - Bronx, NY

Very happy but the person you love still needs you as an advacate!!

Place was very clean. I wasn't happy with the dr my mother was assigned at the home. I had to constantly stay on top of her if I felt my mother needed to go to hospital or get tests done. I felt the nursing staff was good but didn't want to make waves with her dr. The specialists were wonderful and at the end of my mothers stay she had a Dr. Schwartz who was great, sympathic and caring.
The Hebrew Home is well funded; many activities and they try to keep the same people together such [removed] if the person only needs assistance bathing, meds, showers but is there mentally, they try to keep those people on the same floor.
I visited alot of facilities and this was far surperb, clean, with lots to do.

868 beds, very spacious environment a...

868 beds, very spacious environment and clean in the dining room/cafeteria area with an artificial fire place(that makes the place homely).Grounds are well maintained and the facility overlooks the Waterfront of the Hudson River. 24hour Doctor on site as well as the pharmacy/lab/oncology dept. Memory care patients wear special bracelets and they provide alot of activities for those patients.