Sunrise of Cresskill - Cresskill, NJ

From the moment you enter our front doors, you will feel the warmth created by the dignified approach that Sunrise of Cresskill takes to senior living. Whether you live in our vibrant independent living community, active assisted living setting, or our Reminiscence Neighborhoods for those with memory loss, you will enjoy the combination of amenities from comfortable apartments, to a variety of social activities available both within and outside of our community, to elegant dining experiences each day. Conveniently located just 8 miles from the George Washington Bridge, we hope that you are able to visit with us soon to discuss how we can effectively meet your needs.

Overall Not the Facility for Us, but A Nice Community

I had a fine tour of this community. Everyone was kind. The community appeared to clean. The experience went well overall, but I did not feel this was the community for my father, and his needs overall.

Wonderful Place

We fell in love with Sunrise as soon as we walked into the place. Every area is beautifully and warmly decorated. The staff is very pleasant and easy to talk to. The residents all say "hello" with a smile on their face. When you walk through the rooms and are always greeted with smiling seniors, it tells you that they like where they are - and we now do too.

The rooms are large, open, airy, excellent closets/storage space, beautiful bathroom, our own washer/dryer. They serve a continental breakfast every morning, and we have a dinner that offers a menu with minimum of 7 choices and includes, salad bar, soup, entree, beverage and dessert.

They offer a daily list of varied activities. It's great!

A good visit

This community is nice and they also have beds reserved for residents with medicaid. The people I met at this community were nice and knowledgable. The community seemed clean.

Waiting for space!

Everything was great here. We really like the community and the staff was really helpful in the tour. We got to see everything. The only problem is that they did not have any openings or dad would have been able to go here.

We liked this community!!

We had a nice tour of Sunrise. The people were responsive and friendly. The community looked clean and I saw that they offered a variety of activities.

Common Room was too crowded with patients.

Would Recommend

Things are great for mother here at Sunrise we are very pleased with all the community has done for her. I would recommend it to family and friends it is a good place.

Love it here

feels like a resort and yet homey and comfortable. The staff is immaculate and so helpful. we just love it here.

Thrilled with this place

The staff is wonderful. My mom is really happy there. There is plenty for her to do at her level. It's just a great place. I'm thrilled with it. It is worth every penny. The facility is always spotless and the staff is so friendly! I am so happy with the experience we've had, and especially the care my mother is receiving. We're very pleased.

Place started out great and 5 years later is going downhill. Hasn't been the same. Staff is not as attentive and these people are paying a fortune to live there.

Sunrise Senior Living

Thank you for your review and please know we take all concerns seriously. Please email us at Information (at) SunriseSeniorLiving (dot) com as we’d like to learn more about your experience with Sunrise. Thank you, Sunrise Team

It's the best thing we could hope for short of her getting better.

The biggest issue has been keeping her stimulated and being able to socialize. Since she has mobility issues, when they escort her to meals they will put her at a table where the others have their heads down and it would be nice if they would sit the residents with others of similar cognitive ability. It's very clean and very nice. The newness of it was nice. It's the best thing we could hope for short of her getting better.

Lovely and Caring

We have just moved our loved one to Sunrise and she loves it! One of the things that influenced our decision to suggest that she live there is the genuine caring communicated by the staff. We are so happy that she is finding Cresskill an interesting and lovely place to live.

Very happy with this community

We were very happy with the community. We loved the decor, and the staff were fantastic, very attentive and caring, they were available to help my sister day and night. We also heard the food was good, although we did not get a chance to try it ourselves.
The only complaint I have is that I've had some trouble getting in touch with the billing or accounts receivable department when I wanted to check the status of a payment.

Fine on site activities, would like more outings

I've only been there a couple of times, it's very clean, it's very elegant, its very well maintained. The staff is very friendly, they've been responsive to any and all family requests. I wish they had more activities that they took them too though. My mom had a car, not that she should have been driving, but she was about to go out and do things and I think she feels a little limited by not having a car. She's not fully adjusted but I think she's wishing there were more palces she could go to, I'm not talking about the daily activities they have there, but the physical activities they take them too. There are certainly things to do and she's doing them, not all of them but most of them and I haven't heard her say anything like "This is dumb, I'm never going back to that."

Gorgeous very clean, expensive, but ...

Gorgeous very clean, expensive, but it is the first one we saw. Nothing to compare to yet. I saw someone I knew there as resident. She said food was good, people there aren't peppy there old. LOL

We liked the place, but had a few wor...

We liked the place, but had a few worries, need to show mom first to get her views.

Saw this. Liked it.

Saw this. Liked it.

Nice place but not what we were looki...

Nice place but not what we were looking for. It was busy in a nice way but the noise level was too high for my liking.

Nice fit and very nice, but most expe...

Nice fit and very nice, but most expensive.