Brightview Tenafly - Tenafly, NJ

Brightview Tenafly - Tenafly, NJ has yet not published prices.

What I heard

I was advised by other people that this community does have quite a few residents that are using independent caregivers. I did not think this was a good sign so we did not really look into this community.

Brightview Senior Living

Thank you for your feedback. You bring up an excellent question that is sometimes confusing to people who visit Brightview. Personalized Care Plans, which are unique plans addressing residents’ individual care needs, are prepared by Brightview’s health care professionals for all assisted living and dementia care residents. Brightview provides care for medication reminders, dressing, bathing, and mobility, which satisfies the needs of the majority of our residents. However, there are some residents who do require a one-on-one caregiver for multiple hours per day – for example, after they completed a stay in rehab and the doctor ordered 24 hour, one-on-one care. In those cases, we provide access to reputable caregivers who work together with the Brightview care team to supplement the Personalized Care Plan. Since every person’s requirements are different, we encourage you to visit Brightview Tenafly to discuss your own care needs.

It is good

The food is simple and good. They do offer daily activities, however they do not seem very stimulating. They have a cocktail hour and they go to the movies. The staff are nice and try to keep everyone happy. The entire staff have the interests of the residents at heart. My sister has a nice apartment. The community is clean, bright and well maintained. They have people that are able to help with medications. I would recommend this community and I would also suggest looking closer in to the activities to see if they would be right for you or your loved one.

My Move In

I picked this community after having some tours. I like my studio it is within my budget. I am close to family now that I am here. The staff are not providing any care because it is not needed.

No Complaints About This Community

My father is doing terrific since the move to this community . Everything is working out very well, and I'am satisfied with everything they have done for us. The staff is great, and taking great care of him, and his needs. I haven't had any problems, or have any complaints about this community. It is working out very well for us, and I would recommend it.

Brightview Senior Living

Thanks for the great review!

Both my mom and dad did a 30-day respite stay at Brightview. My mom was in the memory care section, called Wellspring Village, and my dad was in the assisted living area. Overall, the facilities are very clean and well maintained and there are a lot of activities each day in both areas. The food is above average but still nothing like home cooked meals.
My mom needs a walker and because of her dementia she forgets to use it. She sustained numerous falls in her first two weeks, most of them occurred in her room. Her last fall resulted in a broken hip and a partial hip replacement surgery, which is a terrible injury for any senior. We are now looking at other facilities that have nursing care to help protect my mom from frequent falls.

The Place to Go

Everyone at this facility is fantastic. All of the nurses, aids, directors, managers, activity coordinators, and receptionists all the kindest and most attentive people you can meet. My parents have been there for a little over a week and my family and I have already had a meeting with the staff to ensure we are happy. There were a few concerns on our part and the morning after the meeting, our requests were already in process. The staff makes it known that the residents are their number one priority.

Brightview Senior Living

Maryann, thanks for the great review and feedback!

A positive atmosphere!

The Brightview Tenafly is a beautiful community. The staff is very friendly to her, she is having a positive experience so far. The only complaints I have are one, the food. They always make it sound like its going to be good but it's not. And 2, my mother is a diabetic and they don't restrict her.

A brand new community.

The entire staff are friendly and are doing a good job. They offer family days and the food is ok. They are still working out some of the kinks with the food. They run a good show and I would recommend this community. They offer movie night and other activities.

Best of the Best!!

The place is great! My sister loves it, the staff sent me 2 pictures of her dancing to my email the other day. I get updates all of the time, [Removed] from the memory care unit calls me and keeps me updated on her. I would highly recommend this place. It is very welcoming. They decorate it very well and keep it nice and bright. I just wish they would have a website with all of the activities they have going on that day. The place is very clean. My sister in law was there the other day and called me saying my sister's bedroom is so nice, the bed spread is lovely and her bathroom is very clean. The meals are good for the most part, what I like is that they have the kitchen open all of the time for if the residents get hungry, they could go eat or grab a snack from the open bar. [Removed], the activities director, does many activities with the residents. They felt giving speech therapy to my sister would help with cognitive thinking, and I appreciated them being proactive.

Brightview Senior Living

Hi! So glad you are delighted with Brightview Tenafly! Thanks taking the time to share your positive feedback. I know it has been awhile since you left your review but we wanted to let you know that Brightview Tenafly has a Facebook page to keep up with what is going on at the community. Check us out and like us online!

Going fine

Things are going fine at Brightview. Communication could be a little better, but overall the staff is nice and they seem to care about the residents. The facility is clean and it seems to be kept up well.

Kind and thoughtful staff

This is my first experience placing a loved one in a senior community, but so far I think things have gone very well with Brightview! There was a bit of an adjustment period, both for my loved one and for our family but the people at Brightview are doing their best to help things go smoothly. The staff is kind and thoughful, and they do a great job looking out for the residents!

I thought they had a lovely environment, I liked them.

I toured here when I was looking for options. I thought they had a lovely environment, I liked them. The location was difficult for us. They also have to wait to accept medicare until they have been licensed for 2 years. Nice place, but not a viable option for us.